Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >

Sandra Fluke Flap

Posted: 3/5/2012 8:20 AM

Sandra Fluke Flap 


Well, we are told by Establishment Media that we have a "firestorm of controversy" about Sandra Fluke, Rush Limbaugh, President Obama, and women's "reproductive rights" (who knew that women were being suppressed from reproducing?), so I guess that it's a good topic to discuss here.

I have watched with childlike fascination as political liberal "activists" and conservatives have gotten fired up over this blatantly staged event by former (thank God) Speaker Nancy Pelosi.  The political liberal portrayal is how this "student" and Georgetown Law (I even heard one commentator refer to her as a "girl") was picked on and insulted by Big Bad Rush Limbaugh.  It is with equal fascination that I watched conservatives and Rush Limbaugh get sucked into and fall right down the rabbit hole that Pelosi and Dems did such a poor job of hiding.

The "girl", Sandra Fluke, is a 30+ year old student who is upset that her birth control tab isn't being covered by the insurance offered by Georgetown for its students.  She pays $1000-plus for the pill, sponges, creams, lathers, or whatever it is she uses for contraception.  Other friends pay more, some less, some none at all who end up getting pregnant and needing abortions as their means for contraception.  This "girl" is also a women's rights "activist" who chose to attend Georgetown Law knowing perfectly well its insurance policy did not cover artificial contraception.  Hello?  Georgetown, Catholic university, Catholic institutions oppose abortion and artificial contraception, what were you thinking?  Rhetorical question.  This was, of course, staged for just this type of event - play the Victim.

Rush Limbaugh for whatever reason gives Fluke's worthless and meaningless testimony airtime and commentary.  Being an arrogant windbag, he not suprisingly steps in it and gives the political liberals reason to squeal in protest.  "He called her a 'slut'!!"  "He called her a 'prostitute'!!"  Sorry, but in my book you don't call a woman a "slut" - period.  And she's a "prostitute" only if she is, well... a prostitute.  Yes, yes, we can bring up the hypocrisy of the political liberals who remained amazingly quiet as Sarah Palin was mocked, ridiculed, and called the same names by a plethora of leftists, including 'comedian' Bill Maher (a member of Obama's million dollar CREEP club BTW).  But it was disgusting when they did it (and continue to do it) to Palin - and it's equally ugly when someone does it to a woman of the far left.  Obama gives her a call, which some on the political right mock and ridicule.  Big deal - the President can call whoever he wants when he wants, yes?  Furthermore, this is a woman who very much shares his ideology for the fundamental transformation of America, so I'm sure that it was as much a congratulatory call as it was a supportive call.

With all that said, the issue with Pelosi, Fluke, Obama, et al., proclaim this to be a "women's rights" issue.  Granted, I am of the political right, so I'm not "enlightened" - but can someone please tell me what "rights" women are having violated by not having their birth control fully paid for by others?  What a woman chooses to do with her body and sexual activity is her business and hers alone, right?  If you listen to the Pelosi, Fluke, Obama crowd, you hear them decrying this denial of a "right" - I guess they mean the "right" to "free" birth control.  I didn't know that women were being denied access to birth control - probably because their sexual activity is none of my damn business.  And I'd like to exercise MY "right" to keep it that way.

As bizarre, totally off the wall, and a true  WTF?? series of portrayals made by the radical left recently, I find it amazing that many on the right have somehow found a way to divert attention from the lunacy and make it about them.

Last edited 3/5/2012 8:23 AM by 12thRaven

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 9:06 AM

Re: Sandra Fluke Flap 


If Rush wants to have carte blanche in speaking on whats on his mind without reprisal, let him go to premium networks so he doesn't have to worry about advertisers taking their money out of his pocket. That was a lame apology after he claimed he said it to be funny.

Btw, full disclosure: I don't like Rush and never did. Personally I think he is what's wrong with the Republican and is a P.O.S.

I smell tacos...

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 9:17 AM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 


It's good to see the advertisers flee the way that they are. 7 big named companies and counting.

THAT is why he issued that weak apology. Don't get confused that he did it for any other reason...4 friggin' days later.

It was an amazingly irresponsible and outrageous statement and he deserves every bit of the blowback that he is receiving.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/5/2012 9:40 AM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 



Hottbirdz wrote: It's good to see the advertisers flee the way that they are. 7 big named companies and counting.

THAT is why he issued that weak apology. Don't get confused that he did it for any other reason...4 friggin' days later.

It was an amazingly irresponsible and outrageous statement and he deserves every bit of the blowback that he is receiving.
So, HB would you agree that Bill Maher's comments about Sarah Palin were at least equally reprehensible?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 10:06 AM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 


There is no reason to stoop to calling this woman a "slut" or "prostitute." I stopped listening to Rush over 10 years ago because I found him, I don't know, talking down to me when I thought I could express much of what he was saying better than he could.
Reply | Quote
  • drkraven
  • Chief Bottlewasher
  • 16441 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 12:23 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 


I can't stand Rush, but he is spot on. If you can go to Georgetown you can afford a condom, if you are smart enough to get into Georgetown you know it is a Catholic institution and belives coitus is for marriage so I don't understand why she is boohoo ing. If your are going to brag about your sex life on CSPAN, don't expect to be treated like a paragon of virtue.

"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in.You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch!'If you go in any other way you're gonna lose.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 1:20 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 



drkraven wrote: I can't stand Rush, but he is spot on. If you can go to Georgetown you can afford a condom, if you are smart enough to get into Georgetown you know it is a Catholic institution and belives coitus is for marriage so I don't understand why she is boohoo ing.
Normally I would agree but isn't Georgetown technically a public college if its getting federal money?

I smell tacos...

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 1:32 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 



stephenjames1979 wrote:
drkraven wrote: I can't stand Rush, but he is spot on. If you can go to Georgetown you can afford a condom, if you are smart enough to get into Georgetown you know it is a Catholic institution and belives coitus is for marriage so I don't understand why she is boohoo ing.
Normally I would agree but isn't Georgetown technically a public college if its getting federal money?

No.

General Electric is a private corporation that suckles mightly at the government teat.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 1:46 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 


Regardless of one's position on whether religious institutions should cover birth control, I cannot believe anyone can defend Limbaugh's use of such slanderous remarks.  He went to the age-old last resort of what men do when confronted with an intelligent woman - call her a slut.

Even Georgetown University - the Catholic institution she is challenging - defended her against such outrageous slander.  President John DeGioia issued a well spoken, thoughtful message about the need for civil discourse while debating public policy.

Here's the link: http://www.georgetown.edu/mess...-discourse.html
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/5/2012 2:20 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 


I'm not defending Rush at all.  I thought it was a completely inappropriate comment to make.

However, I would love to know if those that are so quick to condemn Rush also condemned Bill Maher for calling Sarah Palin a c**t.  If Barack Obama was a principled man, he would return Maher's $1 million donation.  We know that ain't happening.

Last edited 3/5/2012 2:22 PM by HEEEEEEEEAP

Reply | Quote
  • drkraven
  • Chief Bottlewasher
  • 16441 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 2:40 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 


Exactly! They can rip Palin until the cows come home and everyone laughs, and to me as a female the 'c' word is the worst.
When I went to Notre Dame sex was covered in the college rules
---------------------------------------------
--- HEEEEEEEEAP wrote:

I'm not defending Rush at all.  I thought it was a completely inappropriate comment to make.

However, I would love to know if those that are so quick to condemn Rush also condemned Bill Maher for calling Sarah Palin a c**t.  If Barack Obama was a principled man, he would return Maher's $1 million donation.  We know that ain't happening.

---------------------------------------------

"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in.You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch!'If you go in any other way you're gonna lose.

Last edited 3/5/2012 2:48 PM by drkraven

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 5:05 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 


So why are you guys up on arms that Maher donated to a PAC? Rush has spoken at PAC conventions.

Difference between Maher and Limbaugh is: when people listen to Maher they know he's a comedian and not to take him too seriously. Limbaugh speaks on firing Michael Steele and everyone was ready with torches and pitchfork to destroy Steele.

I smell tacos...

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 5:15 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 



HEEEEEEEEAP wrote: I'm not defending Rush at all.  I thought it was a completely inappropriate comment to make.

However, I would love to know if those that are so quick to condemn Rush also condemned Bill Maher for calling Sarah Palin a c**t.  If Barack Obama was a principled man, he would return Maher's $1 million donation.  We know that ain't happening.
I am sure Palin will be getting a call from the President any day.

Fluke is a fraud, political activist, and this was a long time in planning.  Fluke herself admitted to reading the policy beforehand, noting the lack of coverage, and agreeing to terms with the goal of having the policy changed later. 

Plus, she cites unnamed sources and numbers, with no real evidence other than "I disagree with the policy."  Thank goodness that while we are approaching $16 trillion in debt., and have record joblessness, we are taking the time and money to listen to people like Fluke's sob story.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 5:15 PM

Re: Sandra Fluke Flap 


The hypocracy of the left is unbelievable.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...ensor-limbaugh/


I don't think Limbaugh used good manners, and I would not want my children to emulate his style. However, this is really about advancing contreception on the taxpayer's dollar...

Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/5/2012 5:20 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 



stephenjames1979 wrote:

So why are you guys up on arms that Maher donated to a PAC? Rush has spoken at PAC conventions.

Difference between Maher and Limbaugh is: when people listen to Maher they know he's a comedian and not to take him too seriously. Limbaugh speaks on firing Michael Steele and everyone was ready with torches and pitchfork to destroy Steele.

Uh, because the president stuck his nose in this mess bu calling Ms. Fluke to express his sympathy to her.  Then, he reveals his hypocrisy by cashing a check from a man (comedian?  You need to be funny before you can be called a comedian) who called a candidate for VP of the United States a c**t.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 5:37 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 


Once again: Maher is billed as a comedian and it's not as if he's never been slammed by liberals in the past. After 9/11 he made comments on "Politically Incorrect" saying that the U.S. were the terrorists for shooting off bombs from a distance. That got flak from both sides, not just conservatives.

Also its my understanding that the check was donated before the whole incident with Rush happened. And even if there is hypocrisy involved, is anyone really going to support any Presidential candidate and say they are not hypocrites?

I smell tacos...

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 6:08 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 


It will happen when liberals stop playing the "this person is a comedian!" card.  It is an out for everything, including rudeness and a lack of class.
stephenjames1979 wrote:

Once again: Maher is billed as a comedian and it's not as if he's never been slammed by liberals in the past. After 9/11 he made comments on "Politically Incorrect" saying that the U.S. were the terrorists for shooting off bombs from a distance. That got flak from both sides, not just conservatives.

Also its my understanding that the check was donated before the whole incident with Rush happened. And even if there is hypocrisy involved, is anyone really going to support any Presidential candidate and say they are not hypocrites?

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/5/2012 6:12 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 


I will remember that the next time Rush speaks at the Republican National Convention.

I smell tacos...

Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/5/2012 6:55 PM

RE: Sandra Fluke Flap 



stephenjames1979 wrote:

Once again: Maher is billed as a comedian and it's not as if he's never been slammed by liberals in the past. After 9/11 he made comments on "Politically Incorrect" saying that the U.S. were the terrorists for shooting off bombs from a distance. That got flak from both sides, not just conservatives.

Also its my understanding that the check was donated before the whole incident with Rush happened. And even if there is hypocrisy involved, is anyone really going to support any Presidential candidate and say they are not hypocrites?

So Rush is a POS but Maher is just a comedian and can say whatever he wants.  Got it - thanks.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/6/2012 11:25 AM

Re: Sandra Fluke Flap 


Sandra is a phoney, another  ideologially driven tool for the left to advance social causes and
the torch for even larger statism. She has previously also advanced the idea that insurance
companies should cover sex-change operations and the principal demon in this discussion was
heterosexist employer health insurance policies...

http://mrctv.org/blog/sandra-f...ealth-insurance

Yes, Limbaugh needs to use more discretion when taking up contentious issues. But I do wonder
where the media was on discretion when Maher and ilk (such as Democratic strategist James Carville
condeming Paula Jones on national TV as "trailer park trash" when she became the media object of derision)
say inflamitory statements as well. Actually I know where they are - in the tank.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >