Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

May Jobs

Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2014 10:00 AM

May Jobs 


Another solid job report for May.

51 consecutive months with gains in jobs is now tied for the record of consecutive months.  Tied with Clinton's run from 1996-2000.  

2014 is currently on track to be the best year for U.S. job creation since 1999.

It has taken this record run JUST to recover from the depth of the recession of the previous administration.


Be sure to look for Benghazi hearings today.  Or maybe even scary news about Obama bringing home an American soldier Prisoner of War.  229031_rant.GIF
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2014 10:18 AM

Re: May Jobs 



Economy Shrank, U.S. Now Says

Updated May 29, 2014 5:27 p.m. ET
Link:  http://online.wsj.com/articles...rter-1401366873




A contraction in the nation's economic output in the first quarter again deferred hopes for a sustained pickup in growth, another stumble for a lackluster recovery approaching the end of its fifth year.


5 years! A "stumb(ling)" "lackluster recovery" with NEGATIVE GROWTH!!!

AN ECONOMIC CONTRACTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LEFTIST POLICIES OF OUR DEAR LEADER...

And what do the polls say:



Dems running for office this November are taking a swim rolling.gifrolling.gifrolling.gif





Yanni
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! 
the balvenie single malt whisky fifty
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 10:37 AM

Re: May Jobs 



GalenSevinne wrote:

Another solid job report for May.

51 consecutive months with gains in jobs is now tied for the record of consecutive months.  Tied with Clinton's run from 1996-2000.  

2014 is currently on track to be the
best year for U.S. job creation since 1999.

It has taken this record run JUST to recover from the depth of the recession of the previous administration.

Be sure to look for
Benghazi hearings today.  Or maybe even scary news about Obama bringing home an American soldier Prisoner of War.  229031_rant.GIF
rolling.gif


Obama leads all president's in generating "positive reports."

I know a young lady with THREE (3) of these "new jobs."
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2014 3:45 PM

Re: May Jobs 


What is the size of the labor force these days? Job participation rate? Hours worked by Americans?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 4:45 PM

Re: May Jobs 


The reported numbers are certainly a positive sign in this dismal Obama economy, but do not seem to reflect the reality - see Greg's post. And, of course, in a month late on a Friday afternoon we will get the 'revised' numbers that end up being significantly lower - or, to use Administration Speak, "unexpectedly lower".

Let us too keep in mind that even if the reality is 217K jobs, this is something that AT MINIMUM needs to be occurring each and every month simply to sustain the workforce.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2014 5:15 PM

Re: May Jobs 


Something to take into mind is that most of these jobs are probably seasonal so there's no real longevity.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2014 6:33 PM

Re: May Jobs 


Just reporting the numbers. Numbers don't lie.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 7:16 PM

Re: May Jobs 



GalenSevinne wrote: Just reporting the numbers. Numbers don't lie.

True.  The people that report the numbers lie.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 7:29 PM

Re: May Jobs 



GalenSevinne wrote: Just reporting the numbers. Numbers don't lie.
In another life, when I was very, very young, I sold real estate in Ocean City, MD. Specifically, "High Rise Row" between 94th and 118th. It was the mid-late 70's, I was 22 - 25 years old, 1st job out of college, did it for 3 years. When Jimmy Carter's interest rates hit 20% for discretionary property, I was forced to quit. Of course after I left the beach and Reagan was POTUS, interest rates came down dramatically and Ocean City boomed again. Bad timing for me, lol.

A wise old veteran project sales manager had hired me. Resort Project sales is a level above car sales, maybe.  

Anyway, the grizzled veteran taught me my 1st real estate lesson the very 1st day. He said.........

"Sonny Buck, the numbers don't lie. People lie with numbers"  Take it for what it's worth. I can tell you from being in the contract bonding business since 1987, that is TRUE.

In THIS case, there are 92,000,000 unemployed, the lowest number of people working in 36 years. That's a REAL number and it COUNTS the people that have stopped looking for work and / or are content being on the dole. I personally know a couple of those in their 50's. COMPLETELY irresponsible people, I can't even talk to them anymore. Everybody probably knows at least 1 person like this. They'll work when they are forced to and not before. And since one is on SS Disability for being a drunk, he won't ever have to.

But there have been no meaningful employment gains in 6 or 7 years. I'm SURE there will be full employment in Seattle though, as soon as the new $15.00 minimum wage kicks in.

As an aside, if you're San Francisco you gotta be pi**** off, right? Here you thought you were the king of liberalism, or, well, the "Queen" of liberalism, and along comes Seattle and takes the title.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2014 9:25 PM

Re: May Jobs 


Numbers don't lie

They never have because only humans can. Like the old saying "Figures don't lie, but liars figure". Figures are a mathematical outcome of a function. If the function changes, then the figures - though still accurate - cannot be compared in the same context. Take the Consumer Price Index and compare the output given today to the output given in 1980 based on a different function. Government is rife with figures, but like those reported by the VA, the legitimacy of the numbers is subject to political whims and is questionable at best.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2014 10:16 PM

Re: May Jobs 



GalenSevinne wrote: Just reporting the numbers. Numbers don't lie.

rolling.gif  Then these "Numbers don't lie"!!!! 




At the end of January 2009, 32.2 million Americans received Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) aid. As of April 2013, there were 47.5 million Americans on food stamps. Using the White House's job growth number, the 15 million increase in recipients means more than two people went on food stamps for each job the administration says it has created.

Under Obama, 1.6 million more Americans are collecting disability insurance. In February 2009, 9.33 million Americans received disability payments. Today, that number is 10.95 million.


Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-...m#ixzz33ul5p1JV 




SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT AGAIN SALLY!!! Dolt...


It takes a leftist BOOT LICKING TWIT to make a claim about made up numbers and then ignore every other number like NEGATIVE GDP IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF THIS YEAR!!!! AGAIN! It has never been about the truth with these arrogant soulless TOOLS, nope, just the muttering of nonsense for their "Low Information Voter" base which seems to get them off! 





Yanni
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! 
the balvenie single malt whisky fifty

Last edited 6/6/2014 10:45 PM by SipNDaWisky

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2014 11:29 PM

Re: May Jobs 



12thRaven wrote:
GalenSevinne wrote: Just reporting the numbers. Numbers don't lie.

True.  The people that report the numbers lie.
No no no! "Numbers don't lie."

Links from Drudge today: 

 

92,009,000 Americans Not Working...

Labor Force at 36-Year Low... 

7 Million Have Left Under Obama...

Lethargic economy...







Yanni
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! 
the balvenie single malt whisky fifty
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 12:08 AM

Re: May Jobs 


Question: are they not seeking jobs because the descriptions are saying they are not qualified or is it that some jobs just don't pay enough?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/7/2014 1:28 AM

Re: May Jobs 



SipNDaWisky wrote:

Economy Shrank, U.S. Now Says

Updated May 29, 2014 5:27 p.m. ET
Link:  http://online.wsj.com/articles...rter-1401366873




A contraction in the nation's economic output in the first quarter again deferred hopes for a sustained pickup in growth, another stumble for a lackluster recovery approaching the end of its fifth year.


5 years! A "stumb(ling)" "lackluster recovery" with NEGATIVE GROWTH!!!

AN ECONOMIC CONTRACTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LEFTIST POLICIES OF OUR DEAR LEADER...

And what do the polls say:



Dems running for office this November are taking a swim rolling.gifrolling.gifrolling.gif





Yanni
Facts:

2008 - 2016 President Obama

2016 - 2024 Hillary Clinton (if she wants to run)

If Hillary runs that will be 16 years of success for the middle class. Ya ain't gonna change the fact.biggrin

Sig heil!
  (I'm German, too. I guess that how you spell it.)

S.M.Z.

Last edited 6/7/2014 1:40 AM by baltravens

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/7/2014 8:21 AM

Re: May Jobs 



baltravens wrote:
 
Facts:

2008 - 2016 President Obama

2016 - 2024 Hillary Clinton (if she wants to run)

If Hillary runs that will be 16 years of success for the middle class. Ya ain't gonna change the fact.biggrin

Sig heil!
  (I'm German, too. I guess that how you spell it.)

S.M.Z.
92,009,000 Americans Not Working...

Labor Force at 36-Year Low... 

7 Million Have Left Under Obama...

Lethargic economy...

Whoooohoooo -- keep that success up middle class!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/7/2014 10:57 AM

Re: May Jobs 



stephenjames1979 wrote: Question: are they not seeking jobs because the descriptions are saying they are not qualified or is it that some jobs just don't pay enough?
Well, one actually has to look for a job before the 1st part of your question can be known, and..........

Some jobs don't pay enough when unemployment is an option, Gone are the days when self respecting people would take ANY job, prove themselves valuable to an employer, and not remain in the lowest wage category, you know, the classic start out in the mailroom and end up being CEO story.

Not everybody can be CEO but EVERYBODY can work hard, prove themselves valuable, and elevate their station.

Because we have the dole, and because we have less collective self respect, those days are GONE.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 2:52 PM

Re: May Jobs 




Facts:

2008 - 2016 President Obama

2016 - 2024 Hillary Clinton (if she wants to run)

If Hillary runs that will be 16 years of success for the middle class. Ya ain't gonna change the fact.biggrin

Sig heil!
  (I'm German, too. I guess that how you spell it.)

S.M.Z.
It is sad that you claim to have an education, but you still do not understand what a FACT is. 

You can not have a fact in the future. It is a prediction.


As for obamarma and the funny math.

"The unemployment rate would have been even higher but for the fact that a significantly smaller percentage of the working-age population is still participating in the labor force, by actually working or by seeking a job. In 2007, the labor-force participation rate averaged 66 percent; last month, it was 62.8 percent, the lowest level since 1979, and trending downward."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-number- of-jobs-grows-but-not-labor-force-participation/20 14/06/06/aa0ee18a-ed9e-11e3-b84b-3393a45b80f1_stor y.html
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/8/2014 8:18 PM

Re: May Jobs 



yourdreamwillend wrote:

Facts:

2008 - 2016 President Obama

2016 - 2024 Hillary Clinton (if she wants to run)

If Hillary runs that will be 16 years of success for the middle class. Ya ain't gonna change the fact.biggrin

Sig heil!
  (I'm German, too. I guess that how you spell it.)

S.M.Z.
It is sad that you claim to have an education, but you still do not understand what a FACT is. 

You can not have a fact in the future. It is a prediction.


As for obamarma and the funny math.

"The unemployment rate would have been even higher but for the fact that a significantly smaller percentage of the working-age population is still participating in the labor force, by actually working or by seeking a job. In 2007, the labor-force participation rate averaged 66 percent; last month, it was 62.8 percent, the lowest level since 1979, and trending downward."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-number- of-jobs-grows-but-not-labor-force-participation/20 14/06/06/aa0ee18a-ed9e-11e3-b84b-3393a45b80f1_stor y.html

Yup Dream! Sally/baltravens used to claim he was a licensed Psychiatrist, what a laughable bunch of crap that was... but whenever he sticks his foot in his mouth and gets caught in a SH!T STORM of FACTS, he alternates between identities to try and divert attention!


Increasingly, what Sally and the psychotic left have no answer for is the list of recent dramatic decisions and scandals that are breathtaking to behold as Obama tries to keep his promise to “fundamentally change America”!!!


For instance:
 

Trading away five murderous terrorists for a likely Army deserter...


An open invitation to tens of thousands of illegal immigrants to cross the Mexican border...


A decision to recognize the terrorist group Hamas as part of the Palestinian government...

Giving millions to the terrorist group the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt...  supporting the so-called "Arab Spring"...


EPA environmental regulations that will cost thousands of coal miners their jobs and drive up the cost of electricity for millions...


The Obamacare mess...


Veterans Affairs scandal keeps getting worse. The acting agency head reported the deaths of 18 more vets who were kept off the official waiting list in Phoenix...


Iranian nuclear bomb agreement drivel… Obama taking the military option off the table! The ayatollah just mocked our nation by standing in front of a banner that proclaimed, “America cannot do a damn thing.” GOOD JOB! Obama and John Kerry!!!


With nothing to fear from Obama’s lines in the sand our impotence as a nation is clear to our enemies Russia and China...


And as evidence trickles in, it’s beginning to show that one of Obama’s most malicious practices, using the IRS to punish conservative groups, grew out of congressional demands from liberal DemonRats and will eventually be tied to this malevolent wanabe totalitarian dictator as the trailblazer of it all… he will be exposed as the true Chicago thug that he’s always been!

 

 For the Left all of this is something to be proud of, A WHAT THE F---K FOR EVERYONE ELSE!

 

The left is totally insane! On top of that, they are nasty pr!cks, proving it with their unflinching pronouncements of absolute support for this disaster of a wanabe dictator with a Messiah complex…their glee IN OUR DESTRUCTION AS A NATION is obvious in their posts! And without a doubt Obama truly suffers from grandiose delusions, believing he is the savor!!! Without one shred of redeeming qualities to them and their policies, the lefts accelerated reckless race to the bottom is now inevitable. There is no living with them for decent people… it’s their dictatorial ways or the gulags for you. We need a national divorce to be rid of these vermin. Let them burn by themselves in the hell they are intent in building.


If only!











Yanni
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! 
the balvenie single malt whisky fifty

Last edited 6/8/2014 8:32 PM by SipNDaWisky

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/8/2014 10:26 PM

Re: May Jobs 


Question: are they not seeking jobs because the descriptions are saying they are not qualified or is it that some jobs just don't pay enough?

Could be a bit of both, but  I should think the real culprit was international competition and an overbearing federal colossus. I am an engineer, specifically I do computer design and development on a microcontroler level for various enterprises. The competition is intense for bids, and let me tell you Maryland simply does not make it easy to bid competitively. To make matters worse, we (the US) just do not make enough "things" anymore here. The loss of manufacturing jobs is the elephant in the room - manufacturing is declining here at a rapid pace because our tax laws make us uncompetitive and our legal system costs are astronomical. Manufacturing jobs were the lynchpin of the middle class: service jobs pay pay on an average much less.   

I suspect that many who have lost their jobs were paid at a higher rate than what service jobs will offer. These people bought homes and started their live on the mistaken belief that the high paying jobs they held were somehow immune from competition: they were wrong. Unless our political aristocracy changes their ways (they will not) you can assume much greater pain and agony as the middle class shrivels to a ghost of it's former self.

As the US middle class shrinks, the ability of US manufacturing to stay in the black declines as well: who to buy their products? I find it ironic that the thrust of the Obama economic policy is hurting the very people claims to want to help. By artifically holding interest rate so low, only assets bubble. And who (pray tell) hold the very assets that benefit from the bubblelicious economy (real estate, stocks)the Obama administration has foisted upon us?
Why that would be the upper class fat cats who own such assets. So the gap between rich and poor widens and the middle class, essential to the American way of life, dies out.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/9/2014 7:43 AM

Re: May Jobs 




I find it ironic that the thrust of the Obama economic policy is hurting the very people claims to want to help.

So the gap between rich and poor widens and the middle class, essential to the American way of life, dies out.
The Obama presidency is "ironic."

He claims to be a uniter not a divider, but the racial divide seems as bad as any time since the civil rights era.

He claims to want to spread the wealth around, but the wealth is spreading upward.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >