Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options

Posted: 8/30/2014 11:00 PM

Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


Stephen Hill - WR (Jets)
Dmitri Patterson - CB (Jets)
Leon McFadden - CB (Browns)
Robert Meachem - WR (Saints)
Ed Reynolds - S (Eagles)
Brandon Washington - OH (Rams)
M.D. Jennings - CB/FS - (Bears)
Danieal Manning - FS (Bengals)
Will Svitek - OT (Bengals)
Eben Britton - OT (Bears)
sunglasses animated GIF
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/30/2014 11:29 PM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


I like Stephen Hill....I think there's Talent there. 
Will Svitek has been a serviceable tackle for a long time.  (I remember when he was a project here)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 11:37 PM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


Pierre Warren
Robert Lester
Vincent Brown
Reply | Quote
  • wilsdawg
  • Chief Pro
  • 3025 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 1:00 AM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


Daniel Manning and Leon McFadden would be options. Chiefs need players that can cover. They both have speed and are aggressive.

Hill is a horrible WR with terrible hands and route running. I'd pass. Meachem is past his prime. If Vincent Brown checks out physical wise he'd be an interesting option in the west coast offense.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 2:20 AM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


If I'm not mistaken meachem was a part of the draft class as Bows. He still may be able to play.

Last edited 8/31/2014 2:20 AM by daveb1993

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 2:38 AM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 



Was Manning a cap casualty when he was released by Houston? Does anyone know if his play has been shite for the past few years? Would not mind seeing him as a stop-gap.

We need another OG.

---------------------------------------------
--- wilsdawg wrote:

Daniel Manning and Leon McFadden would be options. Chiefs need players that can cover. They both have speed and are aggressive.

Hill is a horrible WR with terrible hands and route running. I'd pass. Meachem is past his prime. If Vincent Brown checks out physical wise he'd be an interesting option in the west coast offense.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 4:10 AM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


Only guy I'm interested in is DT/DE Devon Still. We only have 5 DL. Walker stinks, Bailey Stinks, Devito's health is questionable early. Still was a high draft pick just 2 years ago, still young, Cinn is remarkably deep on the DL. I know there have been some problems with Still, and he may not even be willing to leave Cinn, because of his family situation, but if he is, he would be a good pick up.
http://i49.tinypic.com/28ckkxs.jpg
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 5:51 AM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


I wonder why Manning was cut. If there are no injury concerns he can be an instant starter for us. 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 6:24 AM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 



DaBlueGuy wrote: Only guy I'm interested in is DT/DE Devon Still. We only have 5 DL. Walker stinks, Bailey Stinks, Devito's health is questionable early. Still was a high draft pick just 2 years ago, still young, Cinn is remarkably deep on the DL. I know there have been some problems with Still, and he may not even be willing to leave Cinn, because of his family situation, but if he is, he would be a good pick up.
I was looking at him too. I was also thinking the same thing about Jerel Worthy. And any WR,OL or DB that is available with youth and upside needs to be brought in for competition.

This team looks to be a mess in these areas.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:10 AM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


I'm really interested in signing Meachem but he doesn't go to waivers does he. Pretty sure he is a FA and can sign anywhere he would like. Might be a great option for us.
Reply | Quote
  • wilsdawg
  • Chief Pro
  • 3025 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 8:51 AM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


Didn't even know Still was cut. He's definitely worth putting a claim In on. Fits the scheme as a run stuffer also.Playing alongside some workhorses in Poe and Devito could be good for the young man.

mw
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 9:24 AM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 



daveb1993 wrote: If I'm not mistaken meachem was a part of the draft class as Bows. He still may be able to play.

He was.  I recall being torn over which one they would take.

Neither are world-beaters, but it would be interesting to have them both on the roster.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 10:31 AM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


Meachem is a likely week 2 signee by someone.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 12:27 PM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


You're right.. at the time I was glad the Chiefs drafted Dwayne Bowe, but I remember being afraid Meachem would be a star and the Chiefs could regret not taking him.


---------------------------------------------
--- Halfbreed5050 wrote:


daveb1993 wrote: If I'm not mistaken meachem was a part of the draft class as Bows. He still may be able to play.

He was.  I recall being torn over which one they would take.

Neither are world-beaters, but it would be interesting to have them both on the roster.

---------------------------------------------
sunglasses animated GIF
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 8:38 PM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 



Just saw on NFL.com that the a couple of good WR prospects were picked up by the Titans. Not sure why we're not doing more to get some guys like that...

Story here.

My choice for the Chiefs' 1st Round draft pick in 2014 is...

Aaron Murray, QB Georgia (SEC Conferance)

Last edited 8/31/2014 8:39 PM by MatthewLake

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 8:39 PM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 


Stephen Hill is basically a better version Jonathan Baldwin.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 9:29 PM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 



MatthewLake wrote:
Just saw on NFL.com that the a couple of good WR prospects were picked up by the Titans. Not sure why we're not doing more to get some guys like that...

Story here.
Tenn has waiver wire preference over us.  Unlike last year, this year we just have to settle.
http://i49.tinypic.com/28ckkxs.jpg
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 9:36 PM

Re: Chiefs' Waiver Wire Pickup Options 



MatthewLake wrote:
Just saw on NFL.com that the a couple of good WR prospects were picked up by the Titans. Not sure why we're not doing more to get some guys like that...

Story here.

Chiefs don't have the advantage of being higher in the waiver wire order this year. 

I didn't think they'd go after any WR's anyway. Regardless of what my opinion is of the guys they have now....I kept hearing statements from the offensive coaches that the offense is difficult to pick up. Also they said they want all the WR's to learn each spot and all the routes whether they're lined up inside or out. Anyway...just going off that I didn't think they would bring in a new guy without having the benefit of training camp and pre-season games to get it all down.
Reply | Quote