Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say.

Avatar

Posted: 02/13/2012 5:02 PM

Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


Here is what Baldwin had to say about his position with this team. I love his drive and confidence. He kinda reminds me of a young cocky Largent. I really want to see this guy get more playing time. I took some crapola last season when i suggested that Baldwin play over Obo, but i still think Baldwin is an all around better WR.

Good morning. Here’s what “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Feb. 13, and was over the weekend:

Eric Williams at the News Tribune checks in with Doug Baldwin, after the Seahawks’ leading receiver last season did a live chat on the paper’s website last week: “Baldwin’s production in 2011 secured his spot as Seattle’s slot receiver. But Baldwin wants to be considered a compete receiver. And in order to do that, Baldwin has to make plays from the perimeter of the offense as well. ‘They say that I’m the slot guy, but every year they’re bringing somebody in to try to take your job – that’s the upper management’s job,’ he said. ‘So my job is to make sure that whoever they bring in doesn’t have a chance. That’s why I’m here, to be honest with you. I want to be known as the greatest receiver who ever played the game, and it’s going to be hard to do that strictly out of the slot.’ ”

"GO SEAHAWKS"
Reply | Quote

Posted: 02/13/2012 7:31 PM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


I love it! Just another Gem that Pete/JS have "Doug" up lol! So HELL yes we want Doug Martin also, another high motor guy, workout warrior. I hope we don't take that slack of a DL Couples out of NC, Doesn't seem to have the love for the game, or high motor in which Pete lives on.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/15/2012 9:38 AM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


The next bit was pretty interesting, as well:

Baldwin said he thinks those opportunities will come with Tarvaris Jackson at the helm for Seattle. Baldwin defended his quarterback, who’s been a target of criticism after failing to lead the Seahawks to a single fourth-quarter comeback in his first season in Seattle.

“Tarvaris can’t do it all by himself,” Baldwin said. “He’s sitting back there and he’s taking the pressure. He takes a lot of heat from fans and a lot of criticism from whoever, but Tarvaris is one of those guys that if he’s given an opportunity, he’s going to make the best of it.

“With the capability that he has, it’s up to the receivers, the running backs and the offensive line to give him that opportunity. Late in games I think we’re putting a lot on his shoulders, and a lot of guys, including myself, weren’t coming through for him in key situations when he needed us to.”

 

Saw this article referenced on PFT yesterday.  Baldwin was arguably the only consistent receiver the whole season, and he should be starting in 2012, no doubt.

Apparently, he thinks/hopes that there won't be a QB change next season.  Imagine what it'd be like with them having an offseason to hone their timing and what-not....

 


Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/13/2023933/s eattle-receiver-baldwin-wont.html#storylink=cpy
zanaryj.jpg
Reply | Quote

Posted: 02/15/2012 5:22 PM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


I haven't got to read anymore of that melarky! Doug aswell as the rest of us know TJACK just don't have "it". Nothing against the guy but you see it on Sunday's and it wasn't his first chance in the NFL. He just does not see/read the play fast enough. He rarely gets through the pregression of recievers, locks on one and that is where he goes if not sacked. I'm not against him being our backup atleast this year hopefully Portis is ready to fill that role next season. But just another nick in the armour, like the article says NO 4th quarter comebacks. I may be mistaken, but pretty sure we lost 9 games last year, he had a few chances to win some games or not fumble them away cough, cough. There is nothing anyone can say if we want to be one of the elite teams we MUST upgrade our QB situation, There isn't a snowballs chance in hell that we don;t grab a Flynn, Manning, or Darft QB. I'm leaning draft. We have a up and coming young D & if we score another stud back to pair with lynch this is a prime time to bring in a young QB.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/15/2012 8:30 PM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


Sorry you don't want to read it, but I gotta ask: what would possibly make an armchair QB a more knowledgeable man in a debate than the coaches and players that speak highly of TJack? Can't think of a thing. It's kinda hard to have 4th quarter comebacks with so many things against a QB: no time in the offseason with the team, starting WRs injured/unavailable much of the time, running game MIA for half the season, and an O-line that was very young and easy to fool on blitzes all season. You'll notice that the teams that made the playoffs had more consistency in the players around their QBs than Seattle had. This season was bizarre, and while the coaches and players tell it like it is, too many people just weld their minds closed and "don't want to read it". Apparently, they have a better source for information than, y'know, the actual team. Whatever.
Seachickenfan1 wrote: I haven't got to read anymore of that melarky! Doug aswell as the rest of us know TJACK just don't have "it". Nothing against the guy but you see it on Sunday's and it wasn't his first chance in the NFL. He just does not see/read the play fast enough. He rarely gets through the pregression of recievers, locks on one and that is where he goes if not sacked. I'm not against him being our backup atleast this year hopefully Portis is ready to fill that role next season. But just another nick in the armour, like the article says NO 4th quarter comebacks. I may be mistaken, but pretty sure we lost 9 games last year, he had a few chances to win some games or not fumble them away cough, cough. There is nothing anyone can say if we want to be one of the elite teams we MUST upgrade our QB situation, There isn't a snowballs chance in hell that we don;t grab a Flynn, Manning, or Darft QB. I'm leaning draft. We have a up and coming young D & if we score another stud back to pair with lynch this is a prime time to bring in a young QB.
zanaryj.jpg
Reply | Quote

Posted: 02/15/2012 8:53 PM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


1 question for you Zanery. Do you honestly feel TJack is good enough to lead us to the Superbowl?
Caust I have to say since we were there in '05 I have a bad taste in my mouth. Armchair quarterback lol priceless, but correct aren't we all?? I think you sort of have to take what Pete & Doug have to say about TJack, he is still a part of this team, he is still our starter as of today, he does compete, he is a good guy, But at the end of the day I, me, in my opinion don't believe that he has what it takes to lead this team and take us back to a superbowl. Just my 2 cents GO HAWKS!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/16/2012 9:25 AM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


I don't think a single QB, without the right people around him, can take any team to the Superbowl. Period. The last Superbowl demonstrated that. The Patriots didn't have WRs that stretched the field, so Tom Brady was 0-5 on passes over 20 yards. Eli had receivers make some big catches, and he's got a second ring. He also had a consistent running game at work. I think Jackson can grow into a very good QB if he continues to get consistent support. Eli was CRAP for an awful lot of games, but they stuck with him and he got better. I think that with Lynch, Baldwin, Rice, the O-line having some experience this time, the emerging and vicious defense...the Seahawks could go deep into the playoffs in 2012. This last season was bizarre by ANY standard, but they still got to the same recrod as the previous year and were in some heartbreakers 'til the end. A couple less injuries, a little more familiarity...and the win-loss numbers could have been easily reversed. I expect much more this year. As far as the "armchair QB" thing goes...that's why I get my info from players and coaches more than anywhere else. We all have opinions, but I'm most interested in those that play or coach on the teams. Anyone can just rant blindly.
Seachickenfan1 wrote: 1 question for you Zanery. Do you honestly feel TJack is good enough to lead us to the Superbowl?
Caust I have to say since we were there in '05 I have a bad taste in my mouth. Armchair quarterback lol priceless, but correct aren't we all?? I think you sort of have to take what Pete & Doug have to say about TJack, he is still a part of this team, he is still our starter as of today, he does compete, he is a good guy, But at the end of the day I, me, in my opinion don't believe that he has what it takes to lead this team and take us back to a superbowl. Just my 2 cents GO HAWKS!
zanaryj.jpg
Reply | Quote

Posted: 02/16/2012 5:16 PM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


Couldn't agree with ya more, I love fact, and can't stand the rumor mill. As I guess you can say TJack's future as the Hawks starter is rumor, but honestly man you know you want, hell we all want more leadership, game control, headiness from our Signal Caller. You didn't answer my question tho do ya think TJack can lead us to the superbowl, like you mentioned before, and I agree you do need a solid core around your QB, which I believe that after FA & Draft we should have that solid core, but don't believe TJ leads this team to it's potential, and yes i hate the word potential aswell GO HAWKS!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/16/2012 8:00 PM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


Could he lead them there? Honestly, I don't know. If he's the starter this September, he will have gotten more consistency than ever before, so I'd hope he'd respond well to it. One huge problem he had in Minnesota was that Childress kept putting him into the spot, then yanking him out, calling him the starter, then changing his mind after a bad game...and it did play hell with his confidence. That said, I don't know any QB I'd ever say for sure will lead their team to a Superbowl. Aaron Rodgers' first NFL action landed him on IR, Eli sucked for years, Brady was a backup and looked awful this last time, Rothlisberger is a dufus that can have some really awful games...it all has to come together.
Seachickenfan1 wrote: Couldn't agree with ya more, I love fact, and can't stand the rumor mill. As I guess you can say TJack's future as the Hawks starter is rumor, but honestly man you know you want, hell we all want more leadership, game control, headiness from our Signal Caller. You didn't answer my question tho do ya think TJack can lead us to the superbowl, like you mentioned before, and I agree you do need a solid core around your QB, which I believe that after FA & Draft we should have that solid core, but don't believe TJ leads this team to it's potential, and yes i hate the word potential aswell GO HAWKS!
zanaryj.jpg
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/16/2012 10:00 PM

RE: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


This is a freaking JOKE....God i hate when people talk about things and leave out the obvious and most important things on the subjeck. READ:Baldwin said he thinks those opportunities will come with Tarvaris Jackson at the helm for Seattle. Baldwin defended his quarterback, who’s been a target of criticism after failing to lead the Seahawks to a single fourth-quarter comeback in his first season in Seattle.

“Tarvaris can’t do it all by himself,” Baldwin said. “He’s sitting back there and he’s taking the pressure. He takes a lot of heat from fans and a lot of criticism from whoever, but Tarvaris is one of those guys that if he’s given an opportunity, he’s going to make the best of it.

What is missing here. Well how about the missing fact that this guy had his best WR and OC from Minny here with the same scheme and WAS given an opportunity to be successful and he failed. TJack got his chance and he let it go. Stop blaming crap on the OL, apparently they where pretty good as they helped Lynch become a monster in the second half of the season. Oh, yea, here it comes...Ricr was gone half the season...so what...We have a talented bunch of WR's and TJack didn't do his best to utilize them. Hell, Brady has done very well his whole career with no name guys up till he got Mose. You can't blame everything on the WR's and OL. TJack holds the ball to long, takes too long to make his reads and doesn't anticipate his WR's routes and get the ball there early. Almost every sack was of his doing this season. TJack is nothing more then a glorified backup keeping the seat warm for oour real franchise QB. I will tell you this, i have been a lifer. A fan since i was a kid in the late 70's. If i have to go into another season with him behind center i will be very freaking upset. Unless a miracle happens and he actually learns how to play the game and the position. But i do not believe in miracles, SO...no Tjack.
"GO SEAHAWKS"
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/16/2012 10:06 PM

RE: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


Don't want to pick on you Zanary, But you said:

As far as the "armchair QB" thing goes...that's why I get my info from players and coaches more than anywhere else. We all have opinions, but I'm most interested in those that play or coach on the teams. Anyone can just rant blindly.

There are articles and reviews from many ex-players and coachs who are no on ESPN and NFL Network who almostall agree that TJack doesn't have what it takes. They say the same thing i said above...that he holds on to the ball and does a poor job of reading his progressions. Go look at a few games, you will see a wide open Mike that he doesn't throw to, wide open TE's and on many occasions even an open Tate and Baldwin, but he is always looking in the wrong space. They guy cannot make the reads...plain and simple...sorry, man
"GO SEAHAWKS"
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/18/2012 7:21 AM

RE: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


That's a lovely load of silliness, because he wouldn't have ever won at the high school level if he couldn't make reads.  As far as "looking in the wrong place"...every QB does that, because they can't control when their WR gets seperation.  If they're looking right when the left guy gets open...it ends up on the "oops" reel, something every QB gets.

TJack also spent much of last season, according to Seattle's paper among essentially everyone else, getting pummeled before he could make many reads...and that was a constant story for much of the year.

I'm pretty used to this.  If any of 31 other starting NFL QBs make a mistake, he's a guy making a mistake.  If it's TJack, you get a bunch of dinks calling "Charlie!"...only to be silenced later.  Same thing happened with Frerotte, Holcomb, and Bollinger: TJack would have a bad game, he'd get pulled, then the next guy looked worse because the offense, not just the QB, had issues.  It's always nature to blame/reward the QB first.  Unless it's TJack, then it's "everyone else played great, TJ played well enough not to lose".

I was hoping the fans in blue would be smarter than the previous guys, who did treat TJack horribly for the same mistakes every QB makes.
xCaliburx wrote: Don't want to pick on you Zanary, But you said:

As far as the "armchair QB" thing goes...that's why I get my info from players and coaches more than anywhere else. We all have opinions, but I'm most interested in those that play or coach on the teams. Anyone can just rant blindly.

There are articles and reviews from many ex-players and coachs who are no on ESPN and NFL Network who almostall agree that TJack doesn't have what it takes. They say the same thing i said above...that he holds on to the ball and does a poor job of reading his progressions. Go look at a few games, you will see a wide open Mike that he doesn't throw to, wide open TE's and on many occasions even an open Tate and Baldwin, but he is always looking in the wrong space. They guy cannot make the reads...plain and simple...sorry, man
zanaryj.jpg
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/18/2012 7:25 PM

RE: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


??? God your so simplistic in how you see things it is actually funny. How many successful high school QB's do you know through the years that where great in high school but then could not cut it in college or the NFL....there are far too many to even put a number too. SO you think because according to you TJack could make reads in high school he can in the NFL? Yea, that makes a lot of sense doesn't it. Some on man! you want to be taken seriously but the only way you can defend Tjack is to spout rubbish. It is convent that you bring up high school and skip college and the pro's. It was Kiper who labeled this QB yrs ago as he was coming out as not making his progressions fast enough. Now in the NFL he is still being labeled as a QB who can not do that same thing by many professionals in the sports media right now. Turn on the darn TV man...Those media guys are not saying "TJack is the man", "Seattle doesn't need a QB, they have a great one" ....you know why you don't hear that from anyone but you? Because everyone but you knows he doesn't have what it takes. He will not and cannot ever take the Seahawks to a Super bowl. He has been in the league for yrs now and has yet to show improvement. All the media guys are saying Seattle is in dire need of a QB, and that Seattle will be looked at closely at the combine. That Seattle is in the running and has showed interest in Flynn. Man, what makes you so much better then everyone else? Why is it no one but you thinks Seattle needs a QB desperately? I know you like this guy. I admit at times he did something i liked. But the bottom line is that Tjack is not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. Wait and watch, if he is so great, in a year or two when he is dumped by the Seahawks. I guarantee that not one team will bring him in to compete for a starting job. There will be teams that would bring him in as a backup and that is about it. Also, RANT BLINDLY??? Duse, wake up...not one person on this site thinks your right about Tjack and believes the rubbish you push at us. You need to start talking facts and stop your blind obsession with TJack. Your boy got his chance and he failed. Brady was a nobody, got his chance to start and made the most of it, he proved he had great talent when he had the chance and it only took 1/2 a season for those coach's and everyone else to know he was the future of that franchise. Your guy has had way more playing time and chances to impress and he fails every time. WHY? You will blame it on coaches, lack of talent around him, the OL, the scheme, the weather, god, Obama, everything you can think of, rather then see the truth. Your guy doesn't have IT. End of story. High school? You have got to be kidding me.
"GO SEAHAWKS"
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/19/2012 10:13 AM

RE: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


I've watched TJack for years, and I've seen people growl about his reads even when he's visibly going through them, obviously working one side to the other.  There's no lack of footage of him doing that this past season, either, though after about 2 seconds he was usually getting clobbered...at least for the first half of the season.

"Fast progressions" got faster as he actually got to know his teammates, because, as people NOT stuck in negative agendas know, teams that underwent less changes in the whacko non-offseason had less problems coming together; they were all largely used to each other.  The fact that TJack had to start his Seahawks career without the #1 and only known WR against 2 deep-playoff teams that had far more roster stability...pretty hellish situation.  For all that, special teams lost the first 49ers game for us.

See, this is what always happens.  "TJack can't do reads", yet he throws to his 3rd or 4th option regularly during games.  "He can't hit long passes" was a favorite, too, even after proving that wrong more times than I could count.  "He can't finish a game" yet he did come-from-behind wins in Minny repeatedly, once for a playoff spot.  "He can't take pressure", yet he kept coming back after what was described as brutal abuse while the line was figuring itself out.

Those same analysts often can't pick better than 40 percent in football seasons, jump on and off of bandwagons constantly, and essentially all of 'em had passed on Eli this season.  Funny, that.  Those same analysts would describe TJack as "holding the ball too long"  within a sentence of talking about him having no time.  Which is it?

Those same analysts sang Flacco's praises, then didn't.  Ditto with Matt Ryan, a guy TJack's out-performed in two meetings.  Those guys have had consistency from their teams, TJack has had it once, this season, which was, I repeat, bizarre.  No camp, no OTAs, a kleenex O-line for much of the season, Lynch not doing much 'til November, Rice out to start and finish the season...

...oh, and my favorite: "he didn't use Mike Williams".  Mike Williams has a whopping 5 TDs in his whole carrer, 20 percent from Jackson.  Yep.

As far as "simplistic"...that's usually a kind term for the people determined to make easily-disproven rants about a QB they've shown months of determination to hate.  Their posts largely disappear after a Jackson win, but every mistake he makes is unforgivable despite being pretty common among QBs.  I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of kids that just discovered Google for the first time.
xCaliburx wrote: ??? God your so simplistic in how you see things it is actually funny. How many successful high school QB's do you know through the years that where great in high school but then could not cut it in college or the NFL....there are far too many to even put a number too. SO you think because according to you TJack could make reads in high school he can in the NFL? Yea, that makes a lot of sense doesn't it. Some on man! you want to be taken seriously but the only way you can defend Tjack is to spout rubbish. It is convent that you bring up high school and skip college and the pro's. It was Kiper who labeled this QB yrs ago as he was coming out as not making his progressions fast enough. Now in the NFL he is still being labeled as a QB who can not do that same thing by many professionals in the sports media right now. Turn on the darn TV man...Those media guys are not saying "TJack is the man", "Seattle doesn't need a QB, they have a great one" ....you know why you don't hear that from anyone but you? Because everyone but you knows he doesn't have what it takes. He will not and cannot ever take the Seahawks to a Super bowl. He has been in the league for yrs now and has yet to show improvement. All the media guys are saying Seattle is in dire need of a QB, and that Seattle will be looked at closely at the combine. That Seattle is in the running and has showed interest in Flynn. Man, what makes you so much better then everyone else? Why is it no one but you thinks Seattle needs a QB desperately? I know you like this guy. I admit at times he did something i liked. But the bottom line is that Tjack is not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. Wait and watch, if he is so great, in a year or two when he is dumped by the Seahawks. I guarantee that not one team will bring him in to compete for a starting job. There will be teams that would bring him in as a backup and that is about it. Also, RANT BLINDLY??? Duse, wake up...not one person on this site thinks your right about Tjack and believes the rubbish you push at us. You need to start talking facts and stop your blind obsession with TJack. Your boy got his chance and he failed. Brady was a nobody, got his chance to start and made the most of it, he proved he had great talent when he had the chance and it only took 1/2 a season for those coach's and everyone else to know he was the future of that franchise. Your guy has had way more playing time and chances to impress and he fails every time. WHY? You will blame it on coaches, lack of talent around him, the OL, the scheme, the weather, god, Obama, everything you can think of, rather then see the truth. Your guy doesn't have IT. End of story. High school? You have got to be kidding me.
zanaryj.jpg
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/19/2012 11:51 AM

RE: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


There we go again, anyone who speaks facts and truths is labeled by the Tjack lovers as having a "negative agenda", If i am not mistaken every single guy on this forum is a huge Seahawks fan. We all live and breathe Seahawk blue/green. Everyone of us here wants to win and wants the team to do whatever it takes to do so. We want to hold our heads high in a crowd and say yes, those are my boys in the Super bowl, "Go Seahawks"...Negative agenda??? I think if us fans on this forum want to win and want what is best for this team, and we think Tjack may not be best suited to take us to the top. Then that is a fan not being negative, but pushing his team to be better by getting the right people on the field. You on the other hand are a Minnesota fan who follows Tjack every where he goes, and pushes him on everyone making excuses for every bad throw and every bad read and every sack he gave up. Not to mention the fumbles.The difference between the rest of us on this board and you Zany is we want to win and have no loyalties to anyone guy, we don't make excuses for bad players. We call it like it is because we want WINS. You on the other are happy with us losing as long as your lover boy Tjack in behind center. You will except the loses and then place the blame on whom ever is the convenient scapegoat that week. Tjack could start all season next yr and we could go a miserable 8-8 and you would say he is getting better, and blame the loses on someone either the Tjack. No, i think if you ask anyone on this forum, it is you Zany whom has the "negative agenda". Because you never showed up on this board till Tjack got here. You never question his mistakes, but defend him at the cost of the team. That is not a true fan. You are NOT a true Seahawks fan, you ARE a Tjack fan. Plain and simple, you don't give a rats arse about this team, you just love Tjack. A real fan of a team will look at every player on the team and evaluate them every year. He will be fair and honest and then decide if that player deserves to wear the Blue & Green. That is what everyone on this board does, but you Zany. Three years from now we could be a perennial 8-8 team and PC getting fired and you would still place the blame on everyone but your precious Tjack. The rest of us here on this forum, including thousands of fans every where know Tjack is NOT the messiah and not the true leader of this team, nor could he ever be. He is a great backup pretending to be a starter. Wake up man. Do you ever wonder why your the only one in America who thinks we should stay with Tjack next year? Anyone else on this forum want to chime in and help set this guy on the right path to being a "Real" Seahawks fan?
"GO SEAHAWKS"
Reply | Quote

Posted: 02/20/2012 7:10 AM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


Guys, get used to it.
The Cult of Jackson are quick to criticize other fans, throw players and coaches under the bus while attacking anyone who casts a like critical eye at  their hero.
 With Jackson there will ALWAYS be an excuse or a "hidden agenda" when defending this mediocre QB.
I think my favorite thing about the Cult of Jackson is the way they invade an established message board and attack lifelong fans with an air of smugness and are quick to imply that there is simply "another reason" many don't think Jackson will ever be great......enjoy......
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/20/2012 10:13 AM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


I guess the "Cult of Haters" continues as well. Like I said, I've watched Jackson for years. He'd do well, the haters would say or do anything to avoid giving him credit. He'd do poorly, wham, it was the end of his NFL career and he'll be stocking boxes at Target this fall. It's annoying, it's childish, and it's ridiculous. On this very board, when TJack was winning games, his detractors basically disappeared...because their sad little points fell over and died. It's the same as back in Minny, resentment for him regardless how he does. I get people wanting a "long term solution" or the "franchise QB"...but it can be years before you know you have one, and that requires patience that the "Cult of Haters" doesn't ever show, whether in purple or teal-blue. I've reviewed all the insane crap TJack and the offense had to deal with repeatedly, but it's all ignored by "The Cult of Haters" because they feel a brand-new QB should be able to lead an injury-depleted offense (with a rookie as the most reliable WR) deep into the postseason...or, preferably, to fail and thus they can thump their hairless chests and talk about how "right" they were. Wow. The scary thing? It NEVER ENDS. Back on the Minny Scout board, at least once per week the TJack Hate Society has to make a completely overstated or even fictional post about the guy, and he's been gone almost a year, now. These people are obsessed, which is doubly hilarious when they make posts about...wait for it...the "Cult of Jackson". It's been pointed out that he's done better than expected, that he's gotten wins while being pummeled and with little consistency at WR, and that it happened with no real offseason...but that isn't interesting to the Cult of Haters. Even Baldwin and others speaking in favor of Jackson (in that very interview) means nothing when hate's all you've got. The "Cult of Haters" would cheer for a 0-16 Seahawks season if it meant more legit reasons to hate Jackson. They'd rather be right than have their team win, which is 32 flavors of pathetic.
poonhok wrote: Guys, get used to it.
The Cult of Jackson are quick to criticize other fans, throw players and coaches under the bus while attacking anyone who casts a like critical eye at  their hero.
 With Jackson there will ALWAYS be an excuse or a "hidden agenda" when defending this mediocre QB.
I think my favorite thing about the Cult of Jackson is the way they invade an established message board and attack lifelong fans with an air of smugness and are quick to imply that there is simply "another reason" many don't think Jackson will ever be great......enjoy......
zanaryj.jpg
Reply | Quote

Posted: 02/20/2012 10:16 AM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


See guys, it's a conspiracy.
Up is down, down is up and everybody who disagrees is a "hater" (does anyone over the age of 13 with a measurable IQ actually use that term?!?)......
Reply | Quote

Posted: 02/20/2012 10:49 AM

RE: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


Zanery, I'm not so sure where you get your football IQ from? But honestly it seems pretty elementry to me. Do you bed down TJack in the offseason or what? If you think that it is only Calibur and me that have not alot of love for TJack then maybe you should watch some ESPN or NFL Network. How many excuses are you gonna make for the guy? Sort off season? New Team? blah blah blah. Those aren't what we are concerned about, it is his inabilety to read plays, and dump the damn ball and live to fight another play. Zanery get a clue brotha. GO HAWKS!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 02/20/2012 11:04 AM

Re: Speaking of Doug's, i like what this one has to say. 


It's OK to slam the coaches, the line, the playcalling, the receivers, the backs AND lifelong Seahawk fans, but TAVARIS IS OFF LIMITS!!!
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >