Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice squad

Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 8:46 AM

Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice squad 




9. I think it’s going to be hard to stash Michael Sam on the practice squad. Hard, but not impossible. With two sacks this month and more quickness than he showed late in his college season (he’s 13 pounds lighter, at 257, than his college playing weight), Sam is pushing hard for a spot on the Rams’ 53-man roster. If not that, certainly the 10-man practice squad. But the Rams know they risk losing him if they do the latter. NFL rules allow for players to be exposed to other teams before they can be put on the practice squad. I’m sure some teams wouldn’t want to deal with a perceived sideshow with Sam and wouldn’t put in a claim. But where exactly has the sideshow been? Sam’s been the anti-distraction since turning down the Oprah reality show in the spring
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 8:48 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 


Yes. 

Easily.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/25/2014 8:50 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 


Yes, what a man does on his own time is his business.
Reply | Quote
  • Burmafrd
  • #1 Cowboys Fan
  • 1048 posts this site

Posted: 8/25/2014 8:51 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice s 


Have not seen anything worth the hassle.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/25/2014 8:57 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 


The guy has been a force so far in the pre-season:

5 tackles  3 sacks


He has shown himself to be agile, quick off the snap, flashes of power, and even a little arrogance (see Johnny Manziel sacks and subsequent money sign he did).

St. Louis has plenty of depth of the defensive line and now with Sam Bradford going down for the year, they will need an extra QB spot.

However, I do not think that DE Sam gets placed on the practice squad but rather makes the final 53.

That said, if he does get cut, Dallas should be the first one trying to sign him.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 8:59 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 



psalm234 wrote: The guy has been a force so far in the pre-season:

5 tackles  3 sacks


He has shown himself to be agile, quick off the snap, flashes of power, and even a little arrogance (see Johnny Manziel sacks and subsequent money sign he did).

St. Louis has plenty of depth of the defensive line and now with Sam Bradford going down for the year, they will need an extra QB spot.

However, I do not think that DE Sam gets placed on the practice squad but rather makes the final 53.

That said, if he does get cut, Dallas should be the first one trying to sign him.
Agreed.



 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:00 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 


There's a cue, it's not just about "signing Michael Sam". We can put a request in, but I'm sure many other teams ahead of us will also. I doubt we even have a chance to sign him, it doesn't work that way.
"Faith is not wanting to know what is true" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply | Quote
  • plmkr88
  • #1 Cowboys Fan
  • 3118 posts this site

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:04 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice s 


i think the Rams are actually going to hold on to him on the active.

they aren't going anywhere this year anyway, might as well take a year to develop the guy properly. he will without a doubt get snapped up from the practice squad if not by us by someone else. he's had a very very good preseason.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:08 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 


In a heartbeat.

We should have drafted him in the first place and he shouldn't have lasted til the seventh round.



"I'll kill a snitch. I'm not saying I have...I'm not saying I haven't..."  - Peyton Manning
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:09 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 



MexicanMarauder wrote: There's a cue, it's not just about "signing Michael Sam". We can put a request in, but I'm sure many other teams ahead of us will also. I doubt we even have a chance to sign him, it doesn't work that way.
             LOL......got it but I was speaking IF given the opportunity. ( lol I need to be more specific next time )
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:10 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 


I would even trade a pick, make it conditional.
Reply | Quote
  • mikestix
  • #1 Cowboys Fan
  • 1488 posts this site

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:10 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice s 


I think he makes their roster so this topic is mute.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:11 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 



Hawkeye760 wrote:
MexicanMarauder wrote: There's a cue, it's not just about "signing Michael Sam". We can put a request in, but I'm sure many other teams ahead of us will also. I doubt we even have a chance to sign him, it doesn't work that way.
             LOL......got it but I was speaking IF given the opportunity. ( lol I need to be more specific next time )
Doubt we even get the chance, he's been ballin in the preseason and I'm sure St Louis is going to find a way to keep him, or someone else will sign him. Don't get me wrong I would love to have the guy on the team because I think he will only get better.
"Faith is not wanting to know what is true" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:12 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 



MexicanMarauder wrote: There's a cue, it's not just about "signing Michael Sam". We can put a request in, but I'm sure many other teams ahead of us will also. I doubt we even have a chance to sign him, it doesn't work that way.

Given that the Rams have depth at the DL whereas Dallas has depth at WR, initiate a trade offer so that if there is a chance Sam doesn't make the final 53, Dallas eliminates any chance of a waiver request by another team.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:25 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 


Sam's looked great in the preseason. I think he might make the 53 for the Rams and if he doesn't he'll be a hard waiver claim since we're still 16th in waiver order from last season.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:30 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 



psalm234 wrote: The guy has been a force so far in the pre-season:

5 tackles  3 sacks


He has shown himself to be agile, quick off the snap, flashes of power, and even a little arrogance (see Johnny Manziel sacks and subsequent money sign he did).

St. Louis has plenty of depth of the defensive line and now with Sam Bradford going down for the year, they will need an extra QB spot.

However, I do not think that DE Sam gets placed on the practice squad but rather makes the final 53.

That said, if he does get cut, Dallas should be the first one trying to sign him.

I hope you're right, if Sam makes the 53 then that probably means that Ethan Westrbooks gets released... that would be the DE I'd most like to see come to Dallas...
Reply | Quote
  • TunaMelt
  • #1 Cowboys Fan
  • 3051 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:30 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 


Sam has a knack for getting to QB, and i wouldnt not be opposed, but I'm keeping my eye out for 2 other Rams DE's instead..

hoping DT/DE Ethan Westbrooks might become available, and even LB/DE Sammy Brown has always been a pass rusher i've liked, back to his University of Houston days..

Rams and Seahawks very deep at DE..
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:42 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 


wasn't westbrooks someone that they tried to sign as an UDFA?  the name rings a bell for some reason.

the only thing on Sam is that they weren't high on him going into the draft.....while he has played well, i wonder if it is enough to change their minds if they didn't think that he was a scheme fit back in May......either way, probably won't be available for us to get anyway as someone else could pluck him off the PS first anyway.


TunaMelt wrote: Sam has a knack for getting to QB, and i wouldnt not be opposed, but I'm keeping my eye out for 2 other Rams DE's instead..

hoping DT/DE Ethan Westbrooks might become available, and even LB/DE Sammy Brown has always been a pass rusher i've liked, back to his University of Houston days..

Rams and Seahawks very deep at DE..
Reply | Quote
  • plmkr88
  • #1 Cowboys Fan
  • 3118 posts this site

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:55 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice s 


i wouldn't be opposed to a conditional 7th if he makes the team, 6th or even higher depending on sack totals.
Reply | Quote
  • TunaMelt
  • #1 Cowboys Fan
  • 3051 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 10:48 AM

Re: Question: would you sign Michael Sam off the Rams practice 


Yes, they tried to sign Westbrooks as UDFA, but were outbid by the Rams.

hindsight being 20/20, it would have been nice if the Boys had used one of those 7th round picks on Westbrooks, instead of Gardener
kjcmeb wrote: wasn't westbrooks someone that they tried to sign as an UDFA?  the name rings a bell for some reason.

the only thing on Sam is that they weren't high on him going into the draft.....while he has played well, i wonder if it is enough to change their minds if they didn't think that he was a scheme fit back in May......either way, probably won't be available for us to get anyway as someone else could pluck him off the PS first anyway.


TunaMelt wrote: Sam has a knack for getting to QB, and i wouldnt not be opposed, but I'm keeping my eye out for 2 other Rams DE's instead..

hoping DT/DE Ethan Westbrooks might become available, and even LB/DE Sammy Brown has always been a pass rusher i've liked, back to his University of Houston days..

Rams and Seahawks very deep at DE..
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >