Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 27  Next >

Michael Sam

Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 11:28 PM

Michael Sam 


this guy should get cut from the rams, cause the rams are way to deep and talented for him to stick there. 
Dallas needs to get him, when he is cut.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 11:41 PM

Re: Michael Sam 



Technine wrote: this guy should get cut from the rams, cause the rams are way to deep and talented for him to stick there. 
Dallas needs to get him, when he is cut.
I bet he gets picked up by Seattle.
"...you shall find that it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy."
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 11:45 PM

Re: Michael Sam 


I'd love to have him in our rotation

Last edited 7/22/2014 11:45 PM by rmaxmaicon

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 11:46 PM

Re: Michael Sam 


seattle is kinda deep on thier Dline also, they picked up a DE from UCLA cassius Marsh and jimmy staten
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 11:57 PM

Re: Michael Sam 



Technine wrote: seattle is kinda deep on thier Dline also, they picked up a DE from UCLA cassius Marsh and jimmy staten
Just seems like a Seattle kind of guy, Carroll likes successful college players.

But so does Garrett, so I'd sure like to add him to the rotation. See what he can do, hopefully he gets some preseasons reps so we can see what he can do.
"...you shall find that it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy."
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 12:10 AM

Re: Michael Sam 


The Rams are not gonna cut this kid. I don't care if he Stinks up missouri. Did you see what happened when Dungy went against the tidal wave of the political correct set??? If you go against Gay ANYTHING , Die ! Go away You will be dealt with in the harshest of terms. Gay elevation is considered as holy as the civil rights movement, which is insulting as it can be to a Black man who was born in 1963. SAM is the poster child for the gay movement and if you get in their way or go against the new orthodoxy in anyway Screw the debate, to hell with free speech, you will be readjusted.
Now Before the crusaders threaten to ban me and boil me in oil.NO! a players sexual orientation should not prevent them from any thing society at large enjoys.It shouldn't absolve that same player from having to go through anything that EVERYBODY else in Society has to endure either.

I saw an article ripping Dungy a new one. Not for saying anything hurtful, bigoted or hateful. Just disagreeing with the stance that when a Gay person walks by everyone should Bow down and worship at their shrine.Oh well it it is what it is but polite public discourse ain't illegal .................................................. ............................yet!!!!

Dungy already cowered so This is not a defense of him. Just a truthful account of what I'm witnessing

Last edited 7/23/2014 12:13 AM by TD33RB77

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 12:43 AM

Re: Michael Sam 



TD33RB77 wrote: The Rams are not gonna cut this kid. I don't care if he Stinks up missouri. Did you see what happened when Dungy went against the tidal wave of the political correct set??? If you go against Gay ANYTHING , Die ! Go away You will be dealt with in the harshest of terms. Gay elevation is considered as holy as the civil rights movement, which is insulting as it can be to a Black man who was born in 1963. SAM is the poster child for the gay movement and if you get in their way or go against the new orthodoxy in anyway Screw the debate, to hell with free speech, you will be readjusted.
Now Before the crusaders threaten to ban me and boil me in oil.NO! a players sexual orientation should not prevent them from any thing society at large enjoys.It shouldn't absolve that same player from having to go through anything that EVERYBODY else in Society has to endure either.

I saw an article ripping Dungy a new one. Not for saying anything hurtful, bigoted or hateful. Just disagreeing with the stance that when a Gay person walks by everyone should Bow down and worship at their shrine.Oh well it it is what it is but polite public discourse ain't illegal .................................................. ............................yet!!!!

Dungy already cowered so This is not a defense of him. Just a truthful account of what I'm witnessing
What is it that everyone else in society has to go through that a gay man doesn't? I also get the feeling you don't know what Dungy said, because what you just described as Dungy's stance... has nothing to do with what he said. And for the record, I don't think he said anything that was really all that big of a deal.

Nor should you be banned, but you are being ignorant. Every generation does this to some minority: Women, Blacks, Chinese, Japanese, Latinos, Gays, etc. etc. And members of the previously "incorporated" minority, say the same old thing: "Hey, don't compare this new minority with my minority!" All talking about the same boogeyman fears of "new orthodoxies and movements and the threat of the other." It's commonplace. Note what you didn't say is that a player's/person sexual orientation shouldn't force them to go through anything that NOBODY else in society has to go through.

I'll grant you this, the media is often reactionary and wholly too defensive. It's called pandering, Fox panders to their niche market, MSNBC to theirs in the effort to collect ratings. Ratings drive journalism because ratings bring ads and ads bring money, lots and lots of money.

Consider this:

If MSNBC did not stand to gain money by representing the "liberal" political views that they do, would they take up that stance? Probably not, because Fox has carved out a niche market for their own ideology. Now, what is the reason such "political correctness" and reactionary media exist?

The free market. The very thing you are decrying and, in many respects, the same thing that Conservatives decry is created by the thing that so many Conservatives believe will foster morality. The free market.
"...you shall find that it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy."

Last edited 7/23/2014 12:45 AM by ZeroBlitz

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 1:04 AM

Re: Michael Sam 


msnbc's numbers suck. Nobody watches them.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 1:08 AM

Re: Michael Sam 



speedkilz88 wrote: msnbc's numbers suck. Nobody watches them.
I should probably rephrase that to NBCUniversal.

Interesting that nobody watches them, but they got the Snowden interview. If you want to have some real fun with that story, you should read into how they got that interview with him and the implications it has for Greenwald.

Anyhow, I digress. I don't really watch MSNBC anyhow. I prefer reading my news, easier to pause and cross reference things. Even then, written journalism can become sensationalist. At least it's not bombarding you with stimuli at the pace TV is.
"...you shall find that it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy."
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 1:49 AM

Re: Michael Sam 



ZeroBlitz wrote:
speedkilz88 wrote: msnbc's numbers suck. Nobody watches them.
I should probably rephrase that to NBCUniversal.

Interesting that nobody watches them, but they got the Snowden interview. If you want to have some real fun with that story, you should read into how they got that interview with him and the implications it has for Greenwald.

Anyhow, I digress. I don't really watch MSNBC anyhow. I prefer reading my news, easier to pause and cross reference things. Even then, written journalism can become sensationalist. At least it's not bombarding you with stimuli at the pace TV is.


If I'm gonna watch cable news, it will be CNN... the reason??  It is the closest to middle of the road, "moderate" journalism... MSNBC is a left wing propaganda organ, Fox is their opposite number on the right... I'm not gonna get info from either one that allows me to judge the facts for myself, they're gonna try to tell me what I should think... 

Anybody who watches nothing but MSNBC or Fox is abrogating his or her need to think for himself or herself... 

If I was a multibillionaire, I'd start up the MNN-- Moderate News Network... for talking heads, I'd hire every moderate retired politician from both parties that I could get to sign up... my network's motto would the "The Mainstream Flows Through Here"... I'd hire Larry Sabato to do a weekly show for me, analyzing political races...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 2:04 AM

Re: Michael Sam 



SilverBear wrote:
ZeroBlitz wrote:
speedkilz88 wrote: msnbc's numbers suck. Nobody watches them.
I should probably rephrase that to NBCUniversal.

Interesting that nobody watches them, but they got the Snowden interview. If you want to have some real fun with that story, you should read into how they got that interview with him and the implications it has for Greenwald.

Anyhow, I digress. I don't really watch MSNBC anyhow. I prefer reading my news, easier to pause and cross reference things. Even then, written journalism can become sensationalist. At least it's not bombarding you with stimuli at the pace TV is.


If I'm gonna watch cable news, it will be CNN... the reason??  It is the closest to middle of the road, "moderate" journalism... MSNBC is a left wing propaganda organ, Fox is their opposite number on the right... I'm not gonna get info from either one that allows me to judge the facts for myself, they're gonna try to tell me what I should think... 

Anybody who watches nothing but MSNBC or Fox is abrogating his or her need to think for himself or herself... 

If I was a multibillionaire, I'd start up the MNN-- Moderate News Network... for talking heads, I'd hire every moderate retired politician from both parties that I could get to sign up... my network's motto would the "The Mainstream Flows Through Here"... I'd hire Larry Sabato to do a weekly show for me, analyzing political races...

The big problem right now is that there is "far left --> liberal -->moderate-->[          ]-->neo-conservative-->fake libertarians" that's the big issue. There's an entire Conservative voice missing because they got hijacked by Neo-Cons and fake Libertarians.

I mean, it's fine that Fox exists and that MSNBC exists, but people have to cross-reference and ask questions. Good questions. And there's just not enough of that right now.
"...you shall find that it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy."
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 4:40 AM

Re: Michael Sam 



ZeroBlitz wrote:
SilverBear wrote:
ZeroBlitz wrote:
speedkilz88 wrote: msnbc's numbers suck. Nobody watches them.
I should probably rephrase that to NBCUniversal.

Interesting that nobody watches them, but they got the Snowden interview. If you want to have some real fun with that story, you should read into how they got that interview with him and the implications it has for Greenwald.

Anyhow, I digress. I don't really watch MSNBC anyhow. I prefer reading my news, easier to pause and cross reference things. Even then, written journalism can become sensationalist. At least it's not bombarding you with stimuli at the pace TV is.


If I'm gonna watch cable news, it will be CNN... the reason??  It is the closest to middle of the road, "moderate" journalism... MSNBC is a left wing propaganda organ, Fox is their opposite number on the right... I'm not gonna get info from either one that allows me to judge the facts for myself, they're gonna try to tell me what I should think... 

Anybody who watches nothing but MSNBC or Fox is abrogating his or her need to think for himself or herself... 

If I was a multibillionaire, I'd start up the MNN-- Moderate News Network... for talking heads, I'd hire every moderate retired politician from both parties that I could get to sign up... my network's motto would the "The Mainstream Flows Through Here"... I'd hire Larry Sabato to do a weekly show for me, analyzing political races...

The big problem right now is that there is "far left --> liberal -->moderate-->[          ]-->neo-conservative-->fake libertarians" that's the big issue. There's an entire Conservative voice missing because they got hijacked by Neo-Cons and fake Libertarians.

I mean, it's fine that Fox exists and that MSNBC exists, but people have to cross-reference and ask questions. Good questions. And there's just not enough of that right now.
Extremism of any sort including but not limited to political ideology, religion culture, lifestyle, can be dangerous, paradoxical, destructive, manipulative and downright entertaining.  What's real, are we truly real, certainly not in the absolute and it depends on the venue doesn't it - and then it is a matter of degree.  Here we are in this fan forum comprised of people with fake identities espousing keeping things real. We all live and perpetuate our illusions and delusions.

Posting Integrity Matters

Last edited 7/23/2014 4:52 AM by cowboyed2x

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 5:17 AM

Re: Michael Sam 


There is nothing wrong with what Dungy said...It will be a media circus.  If Sam's would keep a low profile it might not be so bad, but he seems to what all the attention. Big distraction...HeWikipedia: He is a third-person, singular personal pronoun in Modern English, as well as being a personal pronoun in Middle English.



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 5:17 AM

Re: Michael Sam 



ZeroBlitz wrote:
SilverBear wrote:
ZeroBlitz wrote:
speedkilz88 wrote: msnbc's numbers suck. Nobody watches them.
I should probably rephrase that to NBCUniversal.

Interesting that nobody watches them, but they got the Snowden interview. If you want to have some real fun with that story, you should read into how they got that interview with him and the implications it has for Greenwald.

Anyhow, I digress. I don't really watch MSNBC anyhow. I prefer reading my news, easier to pause and cross reference things. Even then, written journalism can become sensationalist. At least it's not bombarding you with stimuli at the pace TV is.


If I'm gonna watch cable news, it will be CNN... the reason??  It is the closest to middle of the road, "moderate" journalism... MSNBC is a left wing propaganda organ, Fox is their opposite number on the right... I'm not gonna get info from either one that allows me to judge the facts for myself, they're gonna try to tell me what I should think... 

Anybody who watches nothing but MSNBC or Fox is abrogating his or her need to think for himself or herself... 

If I was a multibillionaire, I'd start up the MNN-- Moderate News Network... for talking heads, I'd hire every moderate retired politician from both parties that I could get to sign up... my network's motto would the "The Mainstream Flows Through Here"... I'd hire Larry Sabato to do a weekly show for me, analyzing political races...

The big problem right now is that there is "far left --> liberal -->moderate-->[          ]-->neo-conservative-->fake libertarians" that's the big issue. There's an entire Conservative voice missing because they got hijacked by Neo-Cons and fake Libertarians.

I mean, it's fine that Fox exists and that MSNBC exists, but people have to cross-reference and ask questions. Good questions. And there's just not enough of that right now.


Barry Goldwater would not recognize what passes as a conservative these days, and if Ronald Reagan was running for office now, the Tea Party would never support him... 

Is that what you're getting at??
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 5:23 AM

Re: Michael Sam 



cowboyed2x wrote:
ZeroBlitz wrote:
SilverBear wrote:
ZeroBlitz wrote:
speedkilz88 wrote: msnbc's numbers suck. Nobody watches them.
I should probably rephrase that to NBCUniversal.

Interesting that nobody watches them, but they got the Snowden interview. If you want to have some real fun with that story, you should read into how they got that interview with him and the implications it has for Greenwald.

Anyhow, I digress. I don't really watch MSNBC anyhow. I prefer reading my news, easier to pause and cross reference things. Even then, written journalism can become sensationalist. At least it's not bombarding you with stimuli at the pace TV is.


If I'm gonna watch cable news, it will be CNN... the reason??  It is the closest to middle of the road, "moderate" journalism... MSNBC is a left wing propaganda organ, Fox is their opposite number on the right... I'm not gonna get info from either one that allows me to judge the facts for myself, they're gonna try to tell me what I should think... 

Anybody who watches nothing but MSNBC or Fox is abrogating his or her need to think for himself or herself... 

If I was a multibillionaire, I'd start up the MNN-- Moderate News Network... for talking heads, I'd hire every moderate retired politician from both parties that I could get to sign up... my network's motto would the "The Mainstream Flows Through Here"... I'd hire Larry Sabato to do a weekly show for me, analyzing political races...

The big problem right now is that there is "far left --> liberal -->moderate-->[          ]-->neo-conservative-->fake libertarians" that's the big issue. There's an entire Conservative voice missing because they got hijacked by Neo-Cons and fake Libertarians.

I mean, it's fine that Fox exists and that MSNBC exists, but people have to cross-reference and ask questions. Good questions. And there's just not enough of that right now.
Extremism of any sort including but not limited to political ideology, religion culture, lifestyle, can be dangerous, paradoxical, destructive, manipulative and downright entertaining.  What's real, are we truly real, certainly not in the absolute and it depends on the venue doesn't it - and then it is a matter of degree.  Here we are in this fan forum comprised of people with fake identities espousing keeping things real. We all live and perpetuate our illusions and delusions.


My buddy Hostile on another forum introduced us to the words of what he called a "folk rapper", whose name I forget, but whose words seem to be right on the money when it comes to the whole left wing/right wing issue:

How can a thing
With only one wing
Hope to get off the ground?

The extremists at both ends of the political spectrum are, without exception, idiots... which brings me back to my belief that we need more moderate politicians in politics today...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 6:22 AM

Re: Michael Sam 


His combine numbers suck, would want to cut one of the guys who has been through camp and has the experience in our system to add a guy who comes with all the circus he will this year.
Reply | Quote
  • Burmafrd
  • #1 Cowboys Fan
  • 1117 posts this site

Posted: 7/23/2014 7:12 AM

Re: Michael Sam 



SilverBear wrote:
ZeroBlitz wrote:
SilverBear wrote:
ZeroBlitz wrote:
speedkilz88 wrote: msnbc's numbers suck. Nobody watches them.
I should probably rephrase that to NBCUniversal.

Interesting that nobody watches them, but they got the Snowden interview. If you want to have some real fun with that story, you should read into how they got that interview with him and the implications it has for Greenwald.

Anyhow, I digress. I don't really watch MSNBC anyhow. I prefer reading my news, easier to pause and cross reference things. Even then, written journalism can become sensationalist. At least it's not bombarding you with stimuli at the pace TV is.


If I'm gonna watch cable news, it will be CNN... the reason??  It is the closest to middle of the road, "moderate" journalism... MSNBC is a left wing propaganda organ, Fox is their opposite number on the right... I'm not gonna get info from either one that allows me to judge the facts for myself, they're gonna try to tell me what I should think... 

Anybody who watches nothing but MSNBC or Fox is abrogating his or her need to think for himself or herself... 

If I was a multibillionaire, I'd start up the MNN-- Moderate News Network... for talking heads, I'd hire every moderate retired politician from both parties that I could get to sign up... my network's motto would the "The Mainstream Flows Through Here"... I'd hire Larry Sabato to do a weekly show for me, analyzing political races...

The big problem right now is that there is "far left --> liberal -->moderate-->[          ]-->neo-conservative-->fake libertarians" that's the big issue. There's an entire Conservative voice missing because they got hijacked by Neo-Cons and fake Libertarians.

I mean, it's fine that Fox exists and that MSNBC exists, but people have to cross-reference and ask questions. Good questions. And there's just not enough of that right now.


Barry Goldwater would not recognize what passes as a conservative these days, and if Ronald Reagan was running for office now, the Tea Party would never support him... 

Is that what you're getting at??
And JFK would be run out of the Democratic party. Your point?
Reply | Quote
  • Burmafrd
  • #1 Cowboys Fan
  • 1117 posts this site

Posted: 7/23/2014 7:14 AM

Re: Michael Sam 


Dungy was absolutely right. Only the PC types are whining about it- mainly because they never have lived in the real world.

Sam is not a good enough player to put up with all the crap that goes with him. Media, locker room issues, etc.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 7:46 AM

Re: Michael Sam 


It may be nothing wrong with what Dungy said, but the media does the same thing to jerry Jones and the Cowboys, so I don't give a crap.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 8:19 AM

Re: Michael Sam 



harveymartin wrote: It may be nothing wrong with what Dungy said, but the media does the same thing to jerry Jones and the Cowboys, so I don't give a crap.
Just what was it Dungy said?
 photo Staubach_zps99a856a4.png
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 27  Next >