Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Post New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >

Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals

Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 1:20 PM

Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 


Regardless of whether you care about the name Washington "Redskins" or not, this commercial was pretty well done and you have to think its a kick to the balls of Dan Snyder and one of our rival franchises. Check out the commercial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR-tbOxlhvE


It will be airing during game 3 of the NBA Finals.
                                                                                     

Last edited 6/10/2014 1:21 PM by LeVarBurton

Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 1:50 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 


Well done commercial.
DCQBs
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 1:53 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 


Moving...well thought out.

silverandblueblitz2[1] 

 
 

Posted: 6/10/2014 2:45 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 


Ahhh nuts. 
  I will vent and be ripped apart and maybe that's fair because I fill prehistoric and accept - in some sense or another- that I am out of touch.

  This is buloney.  Liberalism today is not so much for anything as it is against...against the finest system that the world has yet to produce.

  We lionize the Native American...living as one with nature until the ugly white man polluted the scene. 

  The Native Americans waged in genocidial wars over nothing.  The killed , slaughtered, enslaved and tortured.  The Sioux who decry the loss of the sacred Black hills in the gold rush, had in fact, just stolen those hills from the Crow who they were merclessly exterminating.  When you see the Indian guides (was I just politically insensitive) they are Crows, who enlisted to help the white man in their wars.  The Apache had been pushed south by the Commanche who was being pushed by the Sioux.
   It was not Cortez and a few men who conquered the Aztecs, it was Cortez AND the local tribes who had been enslaved who had to give their virgin daughters to the slave owners so their beating hearts could be ripped out and thrown down the stairs of the pyramids that were built for that purpose. 
   And when John Jacob Astor gave the Iroquis a few mirrors they slaughtered the beaver to near extinction, just as their relatives had slaughtered the Masterdon and wooley mammoth into extinction.  And there was The Last of The Mohicans becasue they were being made extinct too.
   Which doesn't make the indians (whoa I did it again) bad either, life was a struggle then and it's unfair to judge folks by modern standards.
  And while modern folks think that they were born knowing that slavery is wrong, they weren't.  It was introduced to them.  The Romans, Incas, Greeks, Apaches, The cartheginians, Ottermans, Egyptians, Persians, Hebrews, Babylonians and the black of the sub Sahara all believed in slavery - as long as it wasn't happening to them.

   The Idea that slavery is wrong is a uniquely Western Christian Concept that even confusiasm (sp?) avoided.  As a non - christian I can say that the concept probably got its start (and was made inevitable) when a Jewish man said "as you do unto the least of us, so you do unto me".  And preached a doctrine of unaccountable love. 
  But of course, that's not politically in tune so by all means let's talk about the evil society we have and ban the old grizz who almost made it through here defending Eli against Romo but probably gets banned anyway.

Posted: 6/10/2014 2:48 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 


I will vent and be ripped apart and maybe that's fair because I fill prehistoric and accept - in some sense or another- that I am out of touch.

  This is buloney.  Liberalism today is not so much for anything as it is against...against the finest system that the world has yet to produce.

  We lionize the Native American...living as one with nature until the ugly white man polluted the scene. 

  The Native Americans waged in genocidial wars over nothing.  The killed , slaughtered, enslaved and tortured.  The Sioux who decry the loss of the sacred Black hills in the gold rush, had in fact, just stolen those hills from the Crow who they were merclessly exterminating.  When you see the Indian guides (was I just politically insensitive) they are Crows, who enlisted to help the white man in their wars.  The Apache had been pushed south by the Commanche who was being pushed by the Sioux.
   It was not Cortez and a few men who conquered the Aztecs, it was Cortez AND the local tribes who had been enslaved who had to give their virgin daughters to the slave owners so their beating hearts could be ripped out and thrown down the stairs of the pyramids that were built for that purpose. 
   And when John Jacob Astor gave the Iroquis a few mirrors they slaughtered the beaver to near extinction, just as their relatives had slaughtered the Masterdon and wooley mammoth into extinction.  And there was The Last of The Mohicans becasue they were being made extinct too by their Indian brothers.
   Which doesn't make the indians (whoa, I did it again) bad either, life was a struggle then and it's unfair to judge folks by modern standards.
  And while modern folks think that they were born knowing that slavery is wrong, they weren't.  It was introduced to them.  The Romans, Incas, Greeks, Apaches, The cartheginians, Ottermans, Egyptians, Persians, Hebrews, Babylonians and the blacks of the sub Sahara  believed in slavery - as long as it wasn't happening to them.

   The Idea that slavery is wrong is a uniquely Western Christian Concept that even confusiasm (sp?) avoided.  As a non - christian I can say that the concept probably got its start (and was made inevitable) when a Jewish man said "as you do unto the least of us, so you do unto me".  And preached a doctrine of unaccountable love. 
  But of course, that's not politically in tune so by all means let's talk about the evil society we have and ban the old grizz who almost made it through here defending Eli but probably gets banned anyway.

Posted: 6/10/2014 2:54 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 



It is what it is. You're living in a society that is at least trying to do the right thing. You don't like it,ship out.

---------------------------------------------
--- Grizz299 wrote:

Ahhh nuts. 
  I will vent and be ripped apart and maybe that's fair because I fill prehistoric and accept - in some sense or another- that I am out of touch.

  This is buloney.  Liberalism today is not so much for anything as it is against...against the finest system that the world has yet to produce.

  We lionize the Native American...living as one with nature until the ugly white man polluted the scene. 

  The Native Americans waged in genocidial wars over nothing.  The killed , slaughtered, enslaved and tortured.  The Sioux who decry the loss of the sacred Black hills in the gold rush, had in fact, just stolen those hills from the Crow who they were merclessly exterminating.  When you see the Indian guides (was I just politically insensitive) they are Crows, who enlisted to help the white man in their wars.  The Apache had been pushed south by the Commanche who was being pushed by the Sioux.
   It was not Cortez and a few men who conquered the Aztecs, it was Cortez AND the local tribes who had been enslaved who had to give their virgin daughters to the slave owners so their beating hearts could be ripped out and thrown down the stairs of the pyramids that were built for that purpose. 
   And when John Jacob Astor gave the Iroquis a few mirrors they slaughtered the beaver to near extinction, just as their relatives had slaughtered the Masterdon and wooley mammoth into extinction.  And there was The Last of The Mohicans becasue they were being made extinct too.
   Which doesn't make the indians (whoa I did it again) bad either, life was a struggle then and it's unfair to judge folks by modern standards.
  And while modern folks think that they were born knowing that slavery is wrong, they weren't.  It was introduced to them.  The Romans, Incas, Greeks, Apaches, The cartheginians, Ottermans, Egyptians, Persians, Hebrews, Babylonians and the black of the sub Sahara all believed in slavery - as long as it wasn't happening to them.

   The Idea that slavery is wrong is a uniquely Western Christian Concept that even confusiasm (sp?) avoided.  As a non - christian I can say that the concept probably got its start (and was made inevitable) when a Jewish man said "as you do unto the least of us, so you do unto me".  And preached a doctrine of unaccountable love. 
  But of course, that's not politically in tune so by all means let's talk about the evil society we have and ban the old grizz who almost made it through here defending Eli against Romo but probably gets banned anyway.

---------------------------------------------
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:06 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 



Grizz299 wrote: I will vent and be ripped apart and maybe that's fair because I fill prehistoric and accept - in some sense or another- that I am out of touch.

  This is buloney.  Liberalism today is not so much for anything as it is against...against the finest system that the world has yet to produce.

  We lionize the Native American...living as one with nature until the ugly white man polluted the scene. 

  The Native Americans waged in genocidial wars over nothing.  The killed , slaughtered, enslaved and tortured.  The Sioux who decry the loss of the sacred Black hills in the gold rush, had in fact, just stolen those hills from the Crow who they were merclessly exterminating.  When you see the Indian guides (was I just politically insensitive) they are Crows, who enlisted to help the white man in their wars.  The Apache had been pushed south by the Commanche who was being pushed by the Sioux.
   It was not Cortez and a few men who conquered the Aztecs, it was Cortez AND the local tribes who had been enslaved who had to give their virgin daughters to the slave owners so their beating hearts could be ripped out and thrown down the stairs of the pyramids that were built for that purpose. 
   And when John Jacob Astor gave the Iroquis a few mirrors they slaughtered the beaver to near extinction, just as their relatives had slaughtered the Masterdon and wooley mammoth into extinction.  And there was The Last of The Mohicans becasue they were being made extinct too by their Indian brothers.
   Which doesn't make the indians (whoa, I did it again) bad either, life was a struggle then and it's unfair to judge folks by modern standards.
  And while modern folks think that they were born knowing that slavery is wrong, they weren't.  It was introduced to them.  The Romans, Incas, Greeks, Apaches, The cartheginians, Ottermans, Egyptians, Persians, Hebrews, Babylonians and the blacks of the sub Sahara  believed in slavery - as long as it wasn't happening to them.

   The Idea that slavery is wrong is a uniquely Western Christian Concept that even confusiasm (sp?) avoided.  As a non - christian I can say that the concept probably got its start (and was made inevitable) when a Jewish man said "as you do unto the least of us, so you do unto me".  And preached a doctrine of unaccountable love. 
  But of course, that's not politically in tune so by all means let's talk about the evil society we have and ban the old grizz who almost made it through here defending Eli but probably gets banned anyway.

None of what you said really justifies keeping a potentially racist/racially insensitive term on the table. I'm not sure much of what you said, if anything, is particularly relevant to the issue. 

                                                                                     

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:22 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 



dre11 wrote:
It is what it is. You're living in a society that is at least trying to do the right thing. You don't like it,ship out.

---------------------------------------------
--- Grizz299 wrote:

Ahhh nuts. 
  I will vent and be ripped apart and maybe that's fair because I fill prehistoric and accept - in some sense or another- that I am out of touch.

  This is buloney.  Liberalism today is not so much for anything as it is against...against the finest system that the world has yet to produce.

  We lionize the Native American...living as one with nature until the ugly white man polluted the scene. 

  The Native Americans waged in genocidial wars over nothing.  The killed , slaughtered, enslaved and tortured.  The Sioux who decry the loss of the sacred Black hills in the gold rush, had in fact, just stolen those hills from the Crow who they were merclessly exterminating.  When you see the Indian guides (was I just politically insensitive) they are Crows, who enlisted to help the white man in their wars.  The Apache had been pushed south by the Commanche who was being pushed by the Sioux.
   It was not Cortez and a few men who conquered the Aztecs, it was Cortez AND the local tribes who had been enslaved who had to give their virgin daughters to the slave owners so their beating hearts could be ripped out and thrown down the stairs of the pyramids that were built for that purpose. 
   And when John Jacob Astor gave the Iroquis a few mirrors they slaughtered the beaver to near extinction, just as their relatives had slaughtered the Masterdon and wooley mammoth into extinction.  And there was The Last of The Mohicans becasue they were being made extinct too.
   Which doesn't make the indians (whoa I did it again) bad either, life was a struggle then and it's unfair to judge folks by modern standards.
  And while modern folks think that they were born knowing that slavery is wrong, they weren't.  It was introduced to them.  The Romans, Incas, Greeks, Apaches, The cartheginians, Ottermans, Egyptians, Persians, Hebrews, Babylonians and the black of the sub Sahara all believed in slavery - as long as it wasn't happening to them.

   The Idea that slavery is wrong is a uniquely Western Christian Concept that even confusiasm (sp?) avoided.  As a non - christian I can say that the concept probably got its start (and was made inevitable) when a Jewish man said "as you do unto the least of us, so you do unto me".  And preached a doctrine of unaccountable love. 
  But of course, that's not politically in tune so by all means let's talk about the evil society we have and ban the old grizz who almost made it through here defending Eli against Romo but probably gets banned anyway.

---------------------------------------------
But they aren't doing the right thing.  This is liberal activism trying to control thought and speech.
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:34 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 


2 Minutes is long for an ad, that said it is extremely effective. Might keep more eyes on it if they trimmed it by 30 seconds.







Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:34 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 


After watching the commercial, I see nothing that convinces me that the Redskins should change their mascot/name.  What I saw was what we as Americans see everyday.  Which is an attractively packaged liberal agenda designed to influence what we believe and do. I choose not to agree with this particular movement as I do with many of todays popular view points which is my right. 

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:34 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 


We the American people have so many serious issues happening right before our eyes in real time that some just cannot see the forest because of the trees. Please lets focus on what  truly is THE REAL PROBLEM...liberalism

Last edited 6/10/2014 3:40 PM by steve3

  • Burmafrd
  • All Pro Cowboys Fan
  • 867 posts this site

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:38 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 


I want the skins to stay the way they are just to poke a sharp stick in the eye of all the POS politically correct.
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:40 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 



RweBACK wrote:

After watching the commercial, I see nothing that convinces me that the Redskins should change their mascot/name.  What I saw was what we as Americans see everyday.  Which is an attractively packaged liberal agenda designed to influence what we believe and do. I choose not to agree with this particular movement as I do with many of todays popular view points which is my right. 

thumbup.gif

Agreed!
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:46 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 





---------------------------------------------
--- Grizz299 wrote:

I will vent and be ripped apart and maybe that's fair because I fill prehistoric and accept - in some sense or another- that I am out of touch.

  This is buloney.  Liberalism today is not so much for anything as it is against...against the finest system that the world has yet to produce.

  We lionize the Native American...living as one with nature until the ugly white man polluted the scene. 

  The Native Americans waged in genocidial wars over nothing.  The killed , slaughtered, enslaved and tortured.  The Sioux who decry the loss of the sacred Black hills in the gold rush, had in fact, just stolen those hills from the Crow who they were merclessly exterminating.  When you see the Indian guides (was I just politically insensitive) they are Crows, who enlisted to help the white man in their wars.  The Apache had been pushed south by the Commanche who was being pushed by the Sioux.
   It was not Cortez and a few men who conquered the Aztecs, it was Cortez AND the local tribes who had been enslaved who had to give their virgin daughters to the slave owners so their beating hearts could be ripped out and thrown down the stairs of the pyramids that were built for that purpose. 
   And when John Jacob Astor gave the Iroquis a few mirrors they slaughtered the beaver to near extinction, just as their relatives had slaughtered the Masterdon and wooley mammoth into extinction.  And there was The Last of The Mohicans becasue they were being made extinct too by their Indian brothers.
   Which doesn't make the indians (whoa, I did it again) bad either, life was a struggle then and it's unfair to judge folks by modern standards.
  And while modern folks think that they were born knowing that slavery is wrong, they weren't.  It was introduced to them.  The Romans, Incas, Greeks, Apaches, The cartheginians, Ottermans, Egyptians, Persians, Hebrews, Babylonians and the blacks of the sub Sahara  believed in slavery - as long as it wasn't happening to them.

   The Idea that slavery is wrong is a uniquely Western Christian Concept that even confusiasm (sp?) avoided.  As a non - christian I can say that the concept probably got its start (and was made inevitable) when a Jewish man said "as you do unto the least of us, so you do unto me".  And preached a doctrine of unaccountable love. 
  But of course, that's not politically in tune so by all means let's talk about the evil society we have and ban the old grizz who almost made it through here defending Eli but probably gets banned anyway.

---------------------------------------------

Humans have done a lot if horrible things in our past. Some Native American tribes did indeed participate in some savage acts against other tribes. Just like many different tribes of people had done in other parts of the world. Many tribes however were quite civilized. And actually taught some of this continents early settlers a few things. And many "tribes" from around the world today continue to commit savage acts against others.

Fortunately. For the most part. Humans have continued to progress both technologically and philosophically.
Which is why things such as slavery are no longer considered acceptable.
Native American BTW is the correct term as we now know that Christopher Columbus was wrong.
That fact as well as the abolishment of slavery in the US. ( one of the last civilized countries to do so) has nothing to do with liberalism or any kind of politics. Just common sense.
You can debate whether the name should be changed. But at least bring relative and intelligent points to your argument.
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:48 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 



steve3 wrote: We the American people have so many serious issues happening right before our eyes in real time that some just cannot see the forest because of the trees. Please lets focus on what  truly is THE REAL PROBLEM...liberlism

You could use that argument forever to never do anything. If it's such a small issue it should be easy to solve, change the name. What you're basically arguing is that "We can't walk and chew gum at the same time".

It is a logical fallacy (some refer to it as the "Children are starving in Africa" argument) to assume that because people are trying to solve by what would appear to be a small problem when compared to things like the economy or war that we shouldn't address it or it will divert attention from the larger problems.







Last edited 6/10/2014 3:50 PM by CousinOliver

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:55 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 



CousinOliver wrote:
steve3 wrote: We the American people have so many serious issues happening right before our eyes in real time that some just cannot see the forest because of the trees. Please lets focus on what  truly is THE REAL PROBLEM...liberlism

You could use that argument forever to never do anything. If it's such a small issue it should be easy to solve, change the name. What you're basically arguing is that "We can't walk and chew gum at the same time".

It is a logical fallacy (some refer to it as the "Children are starving in Africa" argument) to assume that because people are trying to solve by what would appear to be a small problem when compared to things like the economy or war that we shouldn't address it or it will divert attention from the larger problems.
Speaking of someone who can't see the forest for the trees.
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 3:57 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 


LOL at all the people trying to blame this on " liberalism" When the fact is. Most don't even really know what the term means. They're just parroting what they see on FOX news.

Posted: 6/10/2014 4:10 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 



CousinOliver wrote:
steve3 wrote: We the American people have so many serious issues happening right before our eyes in real time that some just cannot see the forest because of the trees. Please lets focus on what  truly is THE REAL PROBLEM...liberlism

You could use that argument forever to never do anything. If it's such a small issue it should be easy to solve, change the name. What you're basically arguing is that "We can't walk and chew gum at the same time".

It is a logical fallacy (some refer to it as the "Children are starving in Africa" argument) to assume that because people are trying to solve by what would appear to be a small problem when compared to things like the economy or war that we shouldn't address it or it will divert attention from the larger problems.
If we are going to worry about problems in the US lets start with the most innocent....the 40 plus millions aborted and partial birth abortion genocide... I wonder who has no problem with neither? We live in an upside down world where wrong is right and right is wrong..

Posted: 6/10/2014 4:12 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 



OregonCowboysFan wrote: LOL at all the people trying to blame this on " liberalism" When the fact is. Most don't even really know what the term means. They're just parroting what they see on FOX news.
Well there's an intelligent argument.rolleyes
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 4:16 PM

Re: Commercial to Air about Reskins during Finals 



steve3 wrote:
CousinOliver wrote:
steve3 wrote: We the American people have so many serious issues happening right before our eyes in real time that some just cannot see the forest because of the trees. Please lets focus on what  truly is THE REAL PROBLEM...liberlism

You could use that argument forever to never do anything. If it's such a small issue it should be easy to solve, change the name. What you're basically arguing is that "We can't walk and chew gum at the same time".

It is a logical fallacy (some refer to it as the "Children are starving in Africa" argument) to assume that because people are trying to solve by what would appear to be a small problem when compared to things like the economy or war that we shouldn't address it or it will divert attention from the larger problems.
If we are going to worry about problems in the US lets start with the most innocent....the 40 plus millions aborted and partial birth abortion genocide... I wonder who has no problem with neither? We live in an upside down world where wrong is right and right is wrong..







Post New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >