Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 11  Next >

Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions

Posted: 8/31/2014 2:18 PM

Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


ND 31 
UM 28
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 2:24 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


ND 34
UM 24



Tarean Folston - #25
Cocoa, FL
Sophomore - RB
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 2:31 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


ND 34
UM 31
Proudly repping #5 Golson
and ndalum64
Who's also repping Golson

Also corepping Max Redfield
with sixtyheim
Just Jaylon Smith now
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 5:44 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


I look fwd to discussions this week!

UM 42
ND 24
FIRE THEM. FIRE ALL OF THEM
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 5:57 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 



jehstratus wrote: I look fwd to discussions this week!

UM 42
ND 24
Then let's start the conversation with why you think UM will win by 18. Not being a smart ***, I'm truly interested as to why you think UM is that much better than ND.

The opening line has ND as 6 point favorites.

Last edited 8/31/2014 6:06 PM by amruther24

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 6:14 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


38-21 ND. Based on this past weeks performance, ND is clearly more talented.
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money to spend" - Margaret Thatcher
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 6:32 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


Notre Dame should be the favorite in this game based on last seasons results (with the exception of the actual game that they played against each other).  However, I am curious as to how this weeks performance showed ND to be "clearly more talented."  I saw both teams blow out inferior opponents.  
Irishman5103 wrote: 38-21 ND. Based on this past weeks performance, ND is clearly more talented.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 6:32 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


I don't have a score, but the game will be end with less then a 10 point differential. I hate predicting this game because ND always looks like $hit and Michigan looks like Alabama until the following week.


Repping #45 Romeo Okwara

#75 Daniel Cage "2nd unofficial player rep"

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 6:33 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 



STLGoBlue wrote: Notre Dame should be the favorite in this game based on last seasons results (with the exception of the actual game that they played against each other).  However, I am curious as to how this weeks performance showed ND to be "clearly more talented."  I saw both teams blow out inferior opponents.  
Irishman5103 wrote: 38-21 ND. Based on this past weeks performance, ND is clearly more talented.
I think Rice is probably better than App State, no?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 6:50 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


Michigan 31
ND          24
"Some may look at my half emptied mug of beer as being half full; others may call it as being half empty. As for myself, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO HAS BEEN DRINKING MY F*CK*NG BEER WHENEVER I LOOK AWAY!!!"
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 6:56 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


I'm sure that they are. Still confused as to how you could make a statement that one side is clearly more talented than the other using yesterdays games. I can see how you could make that assessment based on last year's body of work. I learned absolutely nothing about Michigan's offensive line from that game yesterday that would translate into this week because ND's defensive line is far superior to App State's. I saw Golson look very sharp having all day to throw to wide open receivers that are unlikely to be as wide open next week.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 6:59 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 



STLGoBlue wrote: I'm sure that they are. Still confused as to how you could make a statement that one side is clearly more talented than the other using yesterdays games. I can see how you could make that assessment based on last year's body of work. I learned absolutely nothing about Michigan's offensive line from that game yesterday that would translate into this week because ND's defensive line is far superior to App State's. I saw Golson look very sharp having all day to throw to wide open receivers that are unlikely to be as wide open next week.
Yeah, I don't think we can say one side is clearly more talented than the other, but I do think ND is currently the better team. 

Not that it ever matters when it comes to the UM game.

I will say that Everett Golson looked like the real deal yesterday against his first real competition in 1.5 years. No doubt things will get a little tougher for him next week, but ND's offense has the potential to be elite. I'm not sure UM can say the same about any of their units right now.

Last edited 8/31/2014 7:03 PM by amruther24

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:04 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


Michigan 42 ND 35

3 Reasons

ND is dealing with drama and lost a few key players. Football is a mental game and distractions like that only hurt going into big games.

Michigan coaching staff is fighting for their jobs and has clearly turned up the heat. Nuss has made clear improvements in the offenses and the defenses looks improved over last year.

Michigan is angry at ND for canceling the games and their comments about it. Just like how Michigan called MSU little brother put a fire into MSU. Michigan has a bigger fire for this game from what I see.

Lets look at the stats from last weeks games.

Passing Statistics:
ND 63.6 CMP%
Michigan 92.9% Gardner and 84.2% over all CMP%

Rushing Statistics:
ND: 281 Total Rushing Yards - No one over 100 Yards Rushing.
Michigan 350 Total Rushing Yards - Two players over 100 Yards Rushing. Green 170 yards, Smith 115 yards.

Average Yards Per Cary:
ND: 6.7
Michigan: 9.7

3rd Down Conversions
ND: 6-13
Michigan: 5-8

1st Downs
ND: 23
Michigan: 24

ND is ranked 33rd in Passing Yards - Michigan is ranked 73rd

ND is ranked 25th in Rushing Yards - Michigan is ranked 10th

ND is ranked 22nd in Points Per Game - Michigan is ranked 15th

ND is ranked 47th in Points Allowed - Michigan is ranked 34th

On paper these teams look the same with a slight advantaged to Michigan. Count in the fact that Michigan feels slighted by ND and I would give the fire more to Michigan even with NDs home field advantage.

Last edited 8/31/2014 7:23 PM by LukeBK

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:10 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 



LukeBK wrote: Michigan 42 ND 35

3 Reasons

ND is dealing with drama and lost a few key players. Football is a mental game and distractions like that only hurt going into big games.

This is way over stated. It clearly didn't matter yesterday and it won't against UM. 

Michigan coaching staff is fighting for their jobs and has clearly turned up the heat. Nuss has made clear improvements in the offenses and the defenses looks improved over last year.

I'll buy this, but someone once said that football is a mental game and playing with the pressure of knowing your coaches are on the hot seat feels like it could be a detriment mentally. Especially given the way last year went down the tubes for UM and Devin Gardner.

Michigan is angry at ND for canceling the serious and their comments about it. Just like how Michigan called MSU little brother put a fire into MSU. Michigan has a bigger fire for this game from what I see.

I'll just say this about UM, if they wanted to keep the advantage in anger and being fired up in this game, then they probably shouldn't have played the Chicken Dance when the game was over last year. Seriously, that was totally bush league and the ND staff and players haven't forgotten about it.

Last edited 8/31/2014 7:12 PM by amruther24

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:14 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 


Michigan is angry at ND for canceling the serious and their comments about it. Just like how Michigan called MSU little brother put a fire into MSU. Michigan has a bigger fire for this game from what I see.

I'll just say this about UM, if they wanted to keep the advantage in anger and being fired up in this game, then they probably shouldn't have played the Chicken Dance when the game was over last year. Seriously, that was totally bush league and the ND staff and players haven't forgotten about it.

My reply:

Lets not forget all the things ND said last year about how Michigan dose not matter nationally and there really wasn't a history there. Even some slights this year about how its not really a big game. After that ND pointed to Purdue saying that was a bigger game for them. You want anger that causes anger not a Chicken Dance.

Last edited 8/31/2014 7:15 PM by LukeBK

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:15 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 



LukeBK wrote: Michigan is angry at ND for canceling the serious and their comments about it. Just like how Michigan called MSU little brother put a fire into MSU. Michigan has a bigger fire for this game from what I see.

I'll just say this about UM, if they wanted to keep the advantage in anger and being fired up in this game, then they probably shouldn't have played the Chicken Dance when the game was over last year. Seriously, that was totally bush league and the ND staff and players haven't forgotten about it.

My reply:

Lets not forget all the things ND said last year about how Michigan dose not matter nationally and there really wasn't a history there. After that ND pointed to Purdue saying that was a bigger game for them. You want anger that causes anger not a Chicken Dance.
Look, Brady Hoke fired the first shot. If UM didn't want to get their feelings hurt, he should have kept his mouth shut. It's pretty simple.

But you're right, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Last edited 8/31/2014 7:18 PM by amruther24

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:21 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 



LukeBK wrote: You want anger that causes anger not a Chicken Dance.
Proudly repping #5 Golson
and ndalum64
Who's also repping Golson

Also corepping Max Redfield
with sixtyheim
Just Jaylon Smith now
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:21 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 



amruther24 wrote:
LukeBK wrote: Michigan is angry at ND for canceling the serious and their comments about it. Just like how Michigan called MSU little brother put a fire into MSU. Michigan has a bigger fire for this game from what I see.

I'll just say this about UM, if they wanted to keep the advantage in anger and being fired up in this game, then they probably shouldn't have played the Chicken Dance when the game was over last year. Seriously, that was totally bush league and the ND staff and players haven't forgotten about it.

My reply:

Lets not forget all the things ND said last year about how Michigan dose not matter nationally and there really wasn't a history there. After that ND pointed to Purdue saying that was a bigger game for them. You want anger that causes anger not a Chicken Dance.
Look, Brady Hoke fired the first shot. If UM didn't want to get their feelings hurt, he should have kept his mouth shut. It's pretty simple.

But you're right, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Remember Hokes chicken comment came after BK comments. ND started the fight and canceled the games so expect to have Michigan come fried up.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:22 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 



DEGorilla wrote:
LukeBK wrote: You want anger that causes anger not a Chicken Dance.
I think my anger for the chicken dances over came my fingers...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:24 PM

Re: Notre Dame v. Michigan Predictions 



LukeBK wrote:
so expect to have Michigan come fried up.
I don't think that would taste very good.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 11  Next >