Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

DGB to Oklahoma

Avatar

Posted: 7/3/2014 7:28 PM

DGB to Oklahoma 


Wow, okay. I hope this kid turns his life around in Norman.



PROUDLY REPPING
#8 Malik Zaire
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/3/2014 7:50 PM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


He's apparently asking NCAA for a waiver so he can play right away which I just don't understand... I mean can you get a hardship waiver for being a screw up???p
Repping Coach "Squat til you puke" Longo!

Longo Beach Grad (1986)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/3/2014 9:09 PM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


If he gets a waiver they should just change the rule. What hardship excuse could they possibly come up with? But, Oklahoma did get a waiver for Jalen Saunders last season and the reasoning was hilarious.

My money is on DGB never actually playing a snap for Oklahoma. He either plays a year on the scout team and bolts or gets into some legal trouble.
sen75 wrote: He's apparently asking NCAA for a waiver so he can play right away which I just don't understand... I mean can you get a hardship waiver for being a screw up???p
Reply | Quote
  • rbiddie
  • Took Ball/Went Home
  • 3458 posts this site

Posted: 7/3/2014 9:39 PM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


There was some chatter about him trying to enter the supplemental draft.

My guess, no waiver = supplemental draft. Not sure if he can even do that considering his problems and release was due to his own behavior.

Stranger things have happened.
stoptothink wrote: If he gets a waiver they should just change the rule. What hardship excuse could they possibly come up with? But, Oklahoma did get a waiver for Jalen Saunders last season and the reasoning was hilarious.

My money is on DGB never actually playing a snap for Oklahoma. He either plays a year on the scout team and bolts or gets into some legal trouble.
sen75 wrote: He's apparently asking NCAA for a waiver so he can play right away which I just don't understand... I mean can you get a hardship waiver for being a screw up???p
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/3/2014 10:03 PM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


the best move here would have been to drop down a level and be eligible to play again this fall. Lets face it, DGB isn't going to stick around for his senior year. The best he could hope for is to stay in football shape and keep some recent game tape on him for NFL scouts to watch. He is just wasting his time by trying to go to OU.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/3/2014 10:19 PM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


Isn't it normal to get a waiver for throwing your girlfriend down a flight of stairs?

Reply | Quote
  • rbiddie
  • Took Ball/Went Home
  • 3458 posts this site

Posted: 7/4/2014 1:32 AM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


If he has to sit out the year, can he still practice? He could be angling himself so he does not have to play and can sit the year without anyone calling him out like they did Clowney last year.
Sankee72 wrote: the best move here would have been to drop down a level and be eligible to play again this fall. Lets face it, DGB isn't going to stick around for his senior year. The best he could hope for is to stay in football shape and keep some recent game tape on him for NFL scouts to watch. He is just wasting his time by trying to go to OU.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 1:38 AM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


You're confusing that with throwing her from a train or cruise ship. NCAA regs are complex but very fair. BTW was she killed? That would make the 2 practice suspension into a full one game suspension.


.
dosch44 wrote: Isn't it normal to get a waiver for throwing your girlfriend down a flight of stairs?

In the spring I find the world to be wonderful..TS Eliot

 

 

 

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 2:15 AM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


maybe his third cousin twice removed had a cold
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 9:28 AM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


He had better not get a waiver for this.  Newton didn't get one after Florida expelled him, so I can't see the NCAA using one here.

And forget turning his life around.  With all of the second chances that Mizzou gave him, and with the second chance OU is giving him, the only lesson he's learning is that he's too good to punish.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 9:48 AM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


Yes, he can still practice. It might even be a better situation than dropping down a level since he'll be practicing with and against NFL prospects every single day. Dominating D1aa competition wouldn't do much for his draft prospects, everybody already knows he's a freak athlete and the lack of competition wouldn't encourage him to work on his craft.
rbiddie wrote: If he has to sit out the year, can he still practice? He could be angling himself so he does not have to play and can sit the year without anyone calling him out like they did Clowney last year.
Sankee72 wrote: the best move here would have been to drop down a level and be eligible to play again this fall. Lets face it, DGB isn't going to stick around for his senior year. The best he could hope for is to stay in football shape and keep some recent game tape on him for NFL scouts to watch. He is just wasting his time by trying to go to OU.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 9:52 AM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 



stoptothink wrote: Yes, he can still practice. It might even be a better situation than dropping down a level since he'll be practicing with and against NFL prospects every single day. Dominating D1aa competition wouldn't do much for his draft prospects, everybody already knows he's a freak athlete and the lack of competition wouldn't encourage him to work on his craft.
rbiddie wrote: If he has to sit out the year, can he still practice? He could be angling himself so he does not have to play and can sit the year without anyone calling him out like they did Clowney last year.
Sankee72 wrote: the best move here would have been to drop down a level and be eligible to play again this fall. Lets face it, DGB isn't going to stick around for his senior year. The best he could hope for is to stay in football shape and keep some recent game tape on him for NFL scouts to watch. He is just wasting his time by trying to go to OU.
Would he get 1st team reps though?  Wouldn't Stoops want his current starters practicing with other current starters?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 12:18 PM

this is disgusting 


...once again proving that if you are a good enough athlete, you will basically never run out of chances.

Stoops should be ashamed of himself.
Reply | Quote
  • rbiddie
  • Took Ball/Went Home
  • 3458 posts this site

Posted: 7/4/2014 1:06 PM

Re: this is disgusting 


Not really, this is about a player that can help your team win right now, Stoops might not like it but Stoops job depends on wins and losses and if you take a flier on a kid who can help in the win column you do it, Stoops does not lose if the kid is not eligible to play. 

Besides, OU let him in not Stoops.
TechDomer wrote: ...once again proving that if you are a good enough athlete, you will basically never run out of chances.

Stoops should be ashamed of himself.
Reply | Quote
  • rbiddie
  • Took Ball/Went Home
  • 3458 posts this site

Posted: 7/4/2014 1:10 PM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


He doesn't need first team reps, it is about the ability to watch film, work out and learning. He only cares about working his routes and maybe blocking technique. If he gets to play that is bonus, But, I am not sold on him wanting to actually play and risk injury.
IrishFutbol wrote:
stoptothink wrote: Yes, he can still practice. It might even be a better situation than dropping down a level since he'll be practicing with and against NFL prospects every single day. Dominating D1aa competition wouldn't do much for his draft prospects, everybody already knows he's a freak athlete and the lack of competition wouldn't encourage him to work on his craft.
rbiddie wrote: If he has to sit out the year, can he still practice? He could be angling himself so he does not have to play and can sit the year without anyone calling him out like they did Clowney last year.
Sankee72 wrote: the best move here would have been to drop down a level and be eligible to play again this fall. Lets face it, DGB isn't going to stick around for his senior year. The best he could hope for is to stay in football shape and keep some recent game tape on him for NFL scouts to watch. He is just wasting his time by trying to go to OU.
Would he get 1st team reps though?  Wouldn't Stoops want his current starters practicing with other current starters?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 1:11 PM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


She was paraplegic from the start, and he was just assisting her with transportation.

dosch44 wrote: Isn't it normal to get a waiver for throwing your girlfriend down a flight of stairs?


   

Junior DE Shilique Calhoun &
Sophomore OLB James Onwualu

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 1:12 PM

fair enough... then... 


OU should be ashamed of itself.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 1:46 PM

Re: this is disgusting 


But Oklahoma won't have let him in, if Stoops hadn't of wanted him or asked.
rbiddie wrote: Not really, this is about a player that can help your team win right now, Stoops might not like it but Stoops job depends on wins and losses and if you take a flier on a kid who can help in the win column you do it, Stoops does not lose if the kid is not eligible to play. 

Besides, OU let him in not Stoops.
TechDomer wrote: ...once again proving that if you are a good enough athlete, you will basically never run out of chances.

Stoops should be ashamed of himself.
Reply | Quote
  • rbiddie
  • Took Ball/Went Home
  • 3458 posts this site

Posted: 7/5/2014 9:45 AM

Re: this is disgusting 


Very true but my point was Stoops is not the one who let him in school. OU did.  There are only a few schools that a athlete has to actually meet a certain criteria to enter school, the others as long as the coach wants you there you get in.
C5hydro wrote: But Oklahoma won't have let him in, if Stoops hadn't of wanted him or asked.
rbiddie wrote: Not really, this is about a player that can help your team win right now, Stoops might not like it but Stoops job depends on wins and losses and if you take a flier on a kid who can help in the win column you do it, Stoops does not lose if the kid is not eligible to play. 

Besides, OU let him in not Stoops.
TechDomer wrote: ...once again proving that if you are a good enough athlete, you will basically never run out of chances.

Stoops should be ashamed of himself.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/5/2014 9:46 AM

Re: DGB to Oklahoma 


Why would he need 1st team reps? The Scout team practices directly against the first team all day because they don't want to risk injuries to the starters.
IrishFutbol wrote:
stoptothink wrote: Yes, he can still practice. It might even be a better situation than dropping down a level since he'll be practicing with and against NFL prospects every single day. Dominating D1aa competition wouldn't do much for his draft prospects, everybody already knows he's a freak athlete and the lack of competition wouldn't encourage him to work on his craft.
rbiddie wrote: If he has to sit out the year, can he still practice? He could be angling himself so he does not have to play and can sit the year without anyone calling him out like they did Clowney last year.
Sankee72 wrote: the best move here would have been to drop down a level and be eligible to play again this fall. Lets face it, DGB isn't going to stick around for his senior year. The best he could hope for is to stay in football shape and keep some recent game tape on him for NFL scouts to watch. He is just wasting his time by trying to go to OU.
Would he get 1st team reps though?  Wouldn't Stoops want his current starters practicing with other current starters?
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >