Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND?

Posted: 6/19/2014 8:21 AM

So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


NT
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/19/2014 9:09 AM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


It's June
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/19/2014 9:31 AM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


No

Reply | Quote
  • rbiddie
  • Biotch Slapper
  • 3425 posts this site

Posted: 6/19/2014 10:35 AM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


Not sure if you can look at it and say Waller or bust. BK probably has a few things going on that is unknown to everyone.

February is a long way off at this point.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/19/2014 10:40 AM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


Reading comprehension is a lost skill. 

There are several threads since Barnett decided to decom on QB options (including others you have started or participated in). Can we chalk this up to ADD?

Here you go, bookmark this okay?

Waller is the most likely option, though there is concern he might become enamored with Oregon.

Stidham has been offered and is highly ranked and has given a verbal to Texas Tech. Not a huge long shot, but likely a long shot. 

Francois- do not know much about him, but he has been offered. Edit not in released top 3, so long shot is probably and understatement. Need to update to keep this concise for the poster making the enquiry. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/footba ll/recruiting/player-Deondre-Francois-150581

Gibson- apparently offered, but according to one poster a huge longshot. 

FWIW there is also a slamming DT QB out of Detroit that has opened up his recruiting after a "decom".

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594& t=12944122 
krizmanik wrote: NT


Last edited 6/19/2014 11:48 AM by WadeWalker2013

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/19/2014 10:55 AM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


Supposedly he's released a top 3 & ND isn't any where in the hunt.
Sounded like ND was too late to the party for him.
WadeWalker2013 wrote: Reading comprehension is a lost skill. 

There are several threads since Barnett decided to decom on QB options (including others you have started or participated in). Can we chalk this up to ADD?

Here you go, bookmark this okay?

Waller is the most likely option, though there is concern he might become enamored with Oregon.

Stidham has been offered and is highly ranked and has given a verbal to Texas Tech. Not a huge long shot, but likely a long shot. 

Francois- do not know much about him, but he has been offered.

https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/footba ll/recruiting/player-Deondre-Francois-150581

Gibson- apparently offered, but according to one poster a huge longshot. 

FWIW there is also a slamming DT QB out of Detroit that has opened up his recruiting after a "decom".

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594& t=12944122 
krizmanik wrote: NT
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/19/2014 1:22 PM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


Should I wait to jump off the bridge? lol
WadeWalker2013 wrote: Reading comprehension is a lost skill. 

There are several threads since Barnett decided to decom on QB options (including others you have started or participated in). Can we chalk this up to ADD?

Here you go, bookmark this okay?

Waller is the most likely option, though there is concern he might become enamored with Oregon.

Stidham has been offered and is highly ranked and has given a verbal to Texas Tech. Not a huge long shot, but likely a long shot. 

Francois- do not know much about him, but he has been offered. Edit not in released top 3, so long shot is probably and understatement. Need to update to keep this concise for the poster making the enquiry. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/footba ll/recruiting/player-Deondre-Francois-150581

Gibson- apparently offered, but according to one poster a huge longshot. 

FWIW there is also a slamming DT QB out of Detroit that has opened up his recruiting after a "decom".

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594& t=12944122 
krizmanik wrote: NT

"I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" Mike Tyson

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/19/2014 1:29 PM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


You have many choices for that question:

1. You can jump off the bridge now
2. You can wait
3. Or you can ask 2015 QB questions seemingly every other day in a way that suggest that you forgot you had previously asked 2015 QB questions. Sort of like a child in the car on a long trip, that asks every ten minutes: are we there yet?

I'd go with #2, as #1 seems extreme/silly and #3 is taken. 
jerome36 wrote: Should I wait to jump off the bridge? lol
WadeWalker2013 wrote: Reading comprehension is a lost skill. 

There are several threads since Barnett decided to decom on QB options (including others you have started or participated in). Can we chalk this up to ADD?

Here you go, bookmark this okay?

Waller is the most likely option, though there is concern he might become enamored with Oregon.

Stidham has been offered and is highly ranked and has given a verbal to Texas Tech. Not a huge long shot, but likely a long shot. 

Francois- do not know much about him, but he has been offered. Edit not in released top 3, so long shot is probably and understatement. Need to update to keep this concise for the poster making the enquiry. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/footba ll/recruiting/player-Deondre-Francois-150581

Gibson- apparently offered, but according to one poster a huge longshot. 

FWIW there is also a slamming DT QB out of Detroit that has opened up his recruiting after a "decom".

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594& t=12944122 
krizmanik wrote: NT


Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/19/2014 3:11 PM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


Somewhere there's a 3 star QB that would fit perfectly in BK's system.  It's the coaching staffs job to find this person.  That's what they get paid the big bucks for.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/19/2014 7:02 PM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


Yeah Id be completely stunned, shocked and ecstatic at the same time If Gibson came to ND.  If we had somehow found a way to pull Michel last year or Izzy then we would have a good shot.  The Deeb connection just Isnt the same.  Good news Is we have offers out to quite a few of the top 10 guys.  I havent done much research about the situation but I have feeling we have a really good shot at Waller.  Benefit for us Is we were the first big time school to offer him.  I say absolutely not on Stidham.  I mean Its really hard to pull a Texas raised QB away from a Texas college with a reputation for a high powered offense. 
WadeWalker2013 wrote: Reading comprehension is a lost skill. 

There are several threads since Barnett decided to decom on QB options (including others you have started or participated in). Can we chalk this up to ADD?

Here you go, bookmark this okay?

Waller is the most likely option, though there is concern he might become enamored with Oregon.

Stidham has been offered and is highly ranked and has given a verbal to Texas Tech. Not a huge long shot, but likely a long shot. 

Francois- do not know much about him, but he has been offered. Edit not in released top 3, so long shot is probably and understatement. Need to update to keep this concise for the poster making the enquiry. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/footba ll/recruiting/player-Deondre-Francois-150581

Gibson- apparently offered, but according to one poster a huge longshot. 

FWIW there is also a slamming DT QB out of Detroit that has opened up his recruiting after a "decom".

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594& t=12944122 
krizmanik wrote: NT
Tarean "Freight Train" Folston
5'9" 207LB. So. Running Back Cocoa,FL
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/19/2014 10:04 PM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


While he's a NR QB via Scout, BVG's son is walking on to ND. He was a fairly successful QB for his Georgia HS.
Don't know if he'll ever get past the scout team, but...noideanoidea
buffalomike wrote: Somewhere there's a 3 star QB that would fit perfectly in BK's system.  It's the coaching staffs job to find this person.  That's what they get paid the big bucks for.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/20/2014 1:58 AM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 




And if you take longer than two seconds to answer, Jayru will throw you off the bridge.
---------------------------------------------
--- WadeWalker2013 wrote:

You have many choices for that question:

1. You can jump off the bridge now
2. You can wait
3. Or you can ask 2015 QB questions seemingly every other day in a way that suggest that you forgot you had previously asked 2015 QB questions. Sort of like a child in the car on a long trip, that asks every ten minutes: are we there yet?

I'd go with #2, as #1 seems extreme/silly and #3 is taken. 
jerome36 wrote: Should I wait to jump off the bridge? lol
WadeWalker2013 wrote: Reading comprehension is a lost skill. 

There are several threads since Barnett decided to decom on QB options (including others you have started or participated in). Can we chalk this up to ADD?

Here you go, bookmark this okay?

Waller is the most likely option, though there is concern he might become enamored with Oregon.

Stidham has been offered and is highly ranked and has given a verbal to Texas Tech. Not a huge long shot, but likely a long shot. 

Francois- do not know much about him, but he has been offered. Edit not in released top 3, so long shot is probably and understatement. Need to update to keep this concise for the poster making the enquiry. 

sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/footba ll/recruiting/player-Deondre-Francois-150581

Gibson- apparently offered, but according to one poster a huge longshot. 

FWIW there is also a slamming DT QB out of Detroit that has opened up his recruiting after a "decom".

mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594& t=12944122 
krizmanik wrote: NT


---------------------------------------------

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/20/2014 2:09 AM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


Jayru is in Jail for two months I think? Have you been keeping up with that Wade?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/20/2014 2:19 AM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


No I think he will actually be at Irish Invasion tomorrow. Heard BK loves him.


---------------------------------------------
--- krizmanik wrote:

Jayru is in Jail for two months I think? Have you been keeping up with that Wade?

---------------------------------------------

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/20/2014 9:35 AM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


You think- come on.....

You know!

After all you are his biggest fan and were quick to play down his actions (the body slam on top of his previously less publicized handshake line antics). I am just disappointed as his character witness and a member of his defense team you could not have eliminated the two months in jail. 

Perhaps you gave him this gem for his defense:

“I’m not a thug,” Campbell told WXYZ. “I would not consider myself as a criminal. I would consider myself as a natural-born leader and someone that likes to help others.

Seriously the best writers in Hollywood could not come up with gold like that. 

it is too bad Jayru is not part Polynesian, because you could have whipped up some more magic in his defense. 

This just in:  the reason that I (and others) like to bring him up on this board is because Jayru has become a long running joke and it is mainly due to your comments.praising his football greatness (beat out over 20 D1 prospects to start at QB as a frosh) and the way you tried to play down his thug actions. 

BTW it is Waller or bust for ND? I am surprised and disappointed you have not started a new thread in the last 2 days on 2015 QB's with that exact reference or one similar. 
krizmanik wrote: Jayru is in Jail for two months I think? Have you been keeping up with that Wade?


Last edited 6/20/2014 9:45 AM by WadeWalker2013

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/20/2014 11:22 AM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


Actually, I had not been following it. Figured that since you are a border line personality with an obsessive compulsive disorder that you would keep up with Jayru for me. I had heard from one of my friends he had been put in jail for two months.

I'm still glad we have Tyler Luatua on our team. I am also glad I defended him when he was getting alled lazy. I think it was unfair and fans were dogging him when he was going to go to another school. I was just reporting to the board what several players told me that went to camps with him. They told me that he is a great kid with a very laid back "island attitude" when he is not playing and then when he does get on the field he is a monster. The kids told me that they think he got unfairly branded because he was polynisian and that some of the reporters don't understand him. I don't understand why you have a problem with me reporting the kids point of view that know him?

As far as Jayru goes, I have been a fan of his since he was a freshman. He won two state championships as the starting QB for his high school as a freshman and Sophmore and got runner up as a junior. That's pretty good. He has amazing talent. He had enough talent to warrant offers from notre dame and Alabama after his Sophmore season. I'm not the only person that thinks he has talent. I don't know what went on in the "handshake incident" or the body slam. Neither were warranted and showed a lack of discipline and self control. I'm really sorry for him. He has screwed up a great opportunity with his actions. I really hope he can get back on track. Come back for his senior year and win another state championship. Maybe he can get on a t a good community college for a couple years, grow up and play college football in three years someplace. I feel the same way for mahone after his problems. I hate seeing people with talent blow it through lack of self control.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/20/2014 1:07 PM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


if we don't get Waller it is not a dire situation. 

We will have 3 QBs on the roster for 2015. ND is sitting pretty with Malik Henry (top QB for 2016 and a duel threat guy). 

2016 would NEED an elite one.
"If you were there no explanation is necessary. If you weren't no explanation is satisfactory. "
~Lou Holtz
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/20/2014 1:45 PM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


You heard it from friends he was sentenced to 2 months even though it was published news that was easily verifiable on the internet. That is interesting (and unlikely) you had to hear from friends considering what a self professed fan you are of Jayru.  

As far as Luatua, it has been well documented that his stock slipped from his junior to senior season and his overall/position rating went down. Most believed he was talented, but there were legit concerns about his conditioning and taking plays off. When you are doing that and a top ranked athlete, comments about being lazy are NOT totally unfair. The problem was (and the long running joke is) you made it all about some first hand unfair cultural perception and went on your soapbox to explain that. Reading comprehension and context was an issue for you then (and still is now). 

No one has ever said they are not glad he is on the team- most hope he just gets the work ethic up to coincide with with the ranking and level of play he had as a junior in HS. Once again reading comprehension is an issue for you as it inspired this wacko comment:   I'm still glad we have Tyler Luatua on our team". Really, were some on this board who said they were not glad? 

You went on an on about your first hand knowledge of this wrongly judged laid back culture when posters questioned his work ethic with respect to the comments made by paid recruiting analysts- but NOW it is about what the "kids" have told you. Big shocker that you brought something new out of left field. Paid recruiting analysts dropped his ranking and gave their rationale for it- this just in, you are not a paid recruiting analyst (but you have exhibited for some time a delusion that you are). 

Talk about being the ultimate apologist for your thug idol Jayru- "you do not know what went on with the body slam incident". Really- this is common knowledge that even Jayru is not disputing. His school has a rule about hoodies and when a security officer reminded him of that he ended up being body slammed. But you do not know what went on- my God could your head be anymore buried in the sand?

Now you are rooting for him to get his life together because he is a an athlete with amazing talent and led his team to state championships because you hate seeing people with talent blow it through lack of self control. So in your world there must be a hope that Aaron Hernandez can beat the murder charges and get back on the field to show his talent?

If some non big time athlete had the same anger issues in high school as Jayru, would you be rooting for them also? Or are you just rooting for athletes you are fans of with amazing talent to get their life together who read asinine scripted comments like this:

“I would not consider myself as a criminal. I would consider myself as a natural-born leader and someone that likes to help others.

Quite frankly for an adult to be a fan of some kid in HS because he led his team to state championships is a bit odd in my book. Even odder is to diminish violent acts by this kid because of his on the field accomplishments. Most adults who follow college recruiting of high school kids do it as a hobby to keep up with their teams. You mentioned Mahone, well he must have been a great high school FB player. Google Phillip Nelson, another great HS FB player. Well Nelson has burned his golden ticket and Mahone may have as well. Do I feel sorry for either (strictly because they were great in HS in a sport), not even a little bit. 

You made a comment about border line personalities- well being a fan of high school kids only because they are talented in sports sure seems to line up with that comment. Also, a
s far as obsessive compulsive disorder- you would know all about that being someone who is posting every other day where ND stands with 2015 QB's? 





krizmanik wrote: Actually, I had not been following it. Figured that since you are a border line personality with an obsessive compulsive disorder that you would keep up with Jayru for me. I had heard from one of my friends he had been put in jail for two months.

I'm still glad we have Tyler Luatua on our team. I am also glad I defended him when he was getting alled lazy. I think it was unfair and fans were dogging him when he was going to go to another school. I was just reporting to the board what several players told me that went to camps with him. They told me that he is a great kid with a very laid back "island attitude" when he is not playing and then when he does get on the field he is a monster. The kids told me that they think he got unfairly branded because he was polynisian and that some of the reporters don't understand him. I don't understand why you have a problem with me reporting the kids point of view that know him?

As far as Jayru goes, I have been a fan of his since he was a freshman. He won two state championships as the starting QB for his high school as a freshman and Sophmore and got runner up as a junior. That's pretty good. He has amazing talent. He had enough talent to warrant offers from notre dame and Alabama after his Sophmore season. I'm not the only person that thinks he has talent. I don't know what went on in the "handshake incident" or the body slam. Neither were warranted and showed a lack of discipline and self control. I'm really sorry for him. He has screwed up a great opportunity with his actions. I really hope he can get back on track. Come back for his senior year and win another state championship. Maybe he can get on a t a good community college for a couple years, grow up and play college football in three years someplace. I feel the same way for mahone after his problems. I hate seeing people with talent blow it through lack of self control.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/20/2014 2:00 PM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


I need Jayru in this class so bad it hurts

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/20/2014 2:20 PM

Re: So.....Is it Waller or bust for ND? 


He is an amazing talent, I am sure you are a big fan of his due to his 2 state championship wins (and runner up in 2013) and are rooting for him to remedy his self control issues (even though you have no idea what went on in the "handshake incident" or the body slam).

The kids tell me has been given a bad rap (so yes that alone verifies I am a recruiting insider).

On another note, I am sure you are glad like I am, that Luatua is still on the team.
dosch44 wrote: I need Jayru in this class so bad it hurts


Last edited 6/20/2014 2:47 PM by WadeWalker2013

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >