Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND.

Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 1:21 PM

OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


From Zaire's school. 

Per his twitter. 

I just left South Bend Indiana and I'm grateful to say that I'm committed to the UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME!!! #GoIrish

  • Reply Replied to 0 times
  • Retweet Retweeted 26 times 26
  • Favorite Favorited 58 times 58
  • More
"If you were there no explanation is necessary. If you weren't no explanation is satisfactory. "
~Lou Holtz
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/12/2014 1:47 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


All these new commits seem like really solid gets...but I really want a WOW commit soon. Obviously those usually come later on in the process, so it's nice to get a solid base for the class.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 1:51 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


After spending a few years on the boards, I really don't look forward to "wow" commits. So rare that they actually live up to expectations. There are exceptions, but not often
Repping #18, Ben Koyack, Senior TE

Last edited 6/12/2014 1:52 PM by pubcrawls

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 2:00 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades


   

Junior DE Shilique Calhoun &
Sophomore OLB James Onwualu

Reply | Quote
  • Irish73
  • Knows where Elvis is
  • 1738 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 2:15 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


You really can't tell what you've got until the last rankings are done in late December.  When you combine the four big recruiting services we have 7 four star and 4 three star players.  Three of them have a 5.7 three star rating by Rivals.  They could easily climb to four star players by December.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 2:17 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 



Irish73 wrote: You really can't tell what you've got until the last rankings are done in late December.  When you combine the four big recruiting services we have 7 four star and 4 three star players.  Three of them have a 5.7 three star rating by Rivals.  They could easily climb to four star players by December.
Rivals moved McKinney to a top 250 player. 

CJ Sanders is a 3* but will be at the opening. 

Taylor, Crawford will both help being 4*s. As will Bilal at LB, Reid at CB.
"If you were there no explanation is necessary. If you weren't no explanation is satisfactory. "
~Lou Holtz
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 2:21 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


I'm sure you are just trolling but you know that all these kids get reevaluated after the summer camp circuit. How many players has BK gotten do before they have blown up?
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/12/2014 2:28 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


Most understand that, but it does seem odd that a team played for a NC less than 18 months ago is filling up a class with 3 star prospects that have other offers/interest from UConn, Duke, IU, IL, Miami of Ohio, Akron, etc. 

Great BK is finding his RKG's and maybe some will move up to 4 stars when the rankings are updated, but it is not impossible to receive verbals from 4 stars in the present time (preferably not from CA). When has BK reached a point with this class where he is going to get picky and push/wait for higher ranked recruits to commit. 

Another way to look at it, is the recruits giving verbals now are currently ranked on par with the recruits BK was bringing in right before NSD. Geez if you were a 3 star recruit and had belief you could get the job done in the classroom, would you not jump quickly and commit after ND offered?
dosch44 wrote: I'm sure you are just trolling but you know that all these kids get reevaluated after the summer camp circuit. How many players has BK gotten do before they have blown up?
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 2:54 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


No, I'm not trolling, and I already covered Kelly's eye for talent.

dosch44 wrote: I'm sure you are just trolling but you know that all these kids get reevaluated after the summer camp circuit. How many players has BK gotten do before they have blown up?
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades


   

Junior DE Shilique Calhoun &
Sophomore OLB James Onwualu

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:20 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


If it gets to the point where ND has to turn away top 250 players because they are signing these 3-stars, then I think it will be cause for concern, but it seems like the last few classes, the staff has been scrambling to fill spots. 

Unfortunately, there just arent that many top 100 players left that have serious interest in ND. I can think of maybe 2 borderline 5-stars who could end up at ND but the rest just arent interested.
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades
 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:22 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


So then the stars are nothing to be concerned about.
lumbergh wrote: No, I'm not trolling, and I already covered Kelly's eye for talent.

dosch44 wrote: I'm sure you are just trolling but you know that all these kids get reevaluated after the summer camp circuit. How many players has BK gotten do before they have blown up?
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:25 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


Oh they live up to expectations.  Name one serious "wow" recruit that didnt?  I guess that would also depend on what you classify as a "wow" commitment.  However, most of our "wow" commitments end up at another school at some point. 

Ill admit a bunch of three stars doesnt do much for me though.  Yeah some of them turn out pretty good but most dont.  You will find more five stars that met their expectations than three stars who overachieved. 
pubcrawls wrote: After spending a few years on the boards, I really don't look forward to "wow" commits. So rare that they actually live up to expectations. There are exceptions, but not often

Tarean "Freight Train" Folston
5'9" 207LB. So. Running Back Cocoa,FL
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:25 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


Forget the borderline 5 stars (who will end up in the SEC factories or at FSU), how about current low/medium 4 stars? 

As I noted, the recruits ND was scrambling for in January were similarly ranked to the recruits giving verbals for the 2015 class. 
IrishfromA2 wrote: If it gets to the point where ND has to turn away top 250 players because they are signing these 3-stars, then I think it will be cause for concern, but it seems like the last few classes, the staff has been scrambling to fill spots. 

Unfortunately, there just arent that many top 100 players left that have serious interest in ND. I can think of maybe 2 borderline 5-stars who could end up at ND but the rest just arent interested.
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:28 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


I think BK has learned a whole lot in the last couple of years in terms of what to look for in a kid to have success at ND. Couple that with the fact that ND has to choose from a much smaller talent pool than 90% of programs in the NCAA and the result in BK dialing into the kids with the right physical measurements, athletic ability, atitude, lack of bagage, aptitude, and academic capacity to develop at ND. I think BK is placing far less emphasis on what the kid has done in high school and much more on what the kid could become and how likely they are to develop into the player the coaching staff believes they can become. Far less Ishaqs and Lynchs and far more Grant Blankenships and Tyler Eiferts.
WadeWalker2013 wrote: Most understand that, but it does seem odd that a team played for a NC less than 18 months ago is filling up a class with 3 star prospects that have other offers/interest from UConn, Duke, IU, IL, Miami of Ohio, Akron, etc. 

Great BK is finding his RKG's and maybe some will move up to 4 stars when the rankings are updated, but it is not impossible to receive verbals from 4 stars in the present time (preferably not from CA). When has BK reached a point with this class where he is going to get picky and push/wait for higher ranked recruits to commit. 

Another way to look at it, is the recruits giving verbals now are currently ranked on par with the recruits BK was bringing in right before NSD. Geez if you were a 3 star recruit and had belief you could get the job done in the classroom, would you not jump quickly and commit after ND offered?
dosch44 wrote: I'm sure you are just trolling but you know that all these kids get reevaluated after the summer camp circuit. How many players has BK gotten do before they have blown up?
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:36 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


A few.  But Lum Is right.  On paper this Is shaping up to be the worst class In many years.  ON PAPER  are the key words though. 

I am confused though as to the logic of some posters on this board.  I thought all ND recruits dropped In rank after they committed to ND because thats Is what Ive read on here every year since 2007.  Now we are saying our guys are going to climb In the rankings?   Which Is It? 
dosch44 wrote: I'm sure you are just trolling but you know that all these kids get reevaluated after the summer camp circuit. How many players has BK gotten do before they have blown up?
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades

Tarean "Freight Train" Folston
5'9" 207LB. So. Running Back Cocoa,FL
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:38 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


And to think a lot of people on here were saying 3 months ago that this could be such a huge class for us.  Ive even heard we arent amongst the leaders for Cornell anymore. 
IrishfromA2 wrote: If it gets to the point where ND has to turn away top 250 players because they are signing these 3-stars, then I think it will be cause for concern, but it seems like the last few classes, the staff has been scrambling to fill spots. 

Unfortunately, there just arent that many top 100 players left that have serious interest in ND. I can think of maybe 2 borderline 5-stars who could end up at ND but the rest just arent interested.
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades

Tarean "Freight Train" Folston
5'9" 207LB. So. Running Back Cocoa,FL
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:46 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


You and I and anybody who has spent years following players from high school to college to the NFL know that is a ridiculous statement.

As an interesting point unrelated to your post, MSU might outrecruit ND on paper this year for the first time ever.  Boy, won't it be interesting if that becomes a regular state of affairs?


dosch44 wrote: So then the stars are nothing to be concerned about.
lumbergh wrote: No, I'm not trolling, and I already covered Kelly's eye for talent.

dosch44 wrote: I'm sure you are just trolling but you know that all these kids get reevaluated after the summer camp circuit. How many players has BK gotten do before they have blown up?
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades


   

Junior DE Shilique Calhoun &
Sophomore OLB James Onwualu

Last edited 6/12/2014 3:47 PM by lumbergh

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:47 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


Blankenship and Eifert?

A former 3 star recruit who became a first round draft pick compared to a 3 star recruit who has yet to practice with the team. 

As far as Ishaq goes, he never seemed right for the 3-4. Hopefully lining up more as a 4-3 DE will jump start his college career as a senior. 

dosch44 wrote: I think BK has learned a whole lot in the last couple of years in terms of what to look for in a kid to have success at ND. Couple that with the fact that ND has to choose from a much smaller talent pool than 90% of programs in the NCAA and the result in BK dialing into the kids with the right physical measurements, athletic ability, atitude, lack of bagage, aptitude, and academic capacity to develop at ND. I think BK is placing far less emphasis on what the kid has done in high school and much more on what the kid could become and how likely they are to develop into the player the coaching staff believes they can become. Far less Ishaqs and Lynchs and far more Grant Blankenships and Tyler Eiferts.
WadeWalker2013 wrote: Most understand that, but it does seem odd that a team played for a NC less than 18 months ago is filling up a class with 3 star prospects that have other offers/interest from UConn, Duke, IU, IL, Miami of Ohio, Akron, etc. 

Great BK is finding his RKG's and maybe some will move up to 4 stars when the rankings are updated, but it is not impossible to receive verbals from 4 stars in the present time (preferably not from CA). When has BK reached a point with this class where he is going to get picky and push/wait for higher ranked recruits to commit. 

Another way to look at it, is the recruits giving verbals now are currently ranked on par with the recruits BK was bringing in right before NSD. Geez if you were a 3 star recruit and had belief you could get the job done in the classroom, would you not jump quickly and commit after ND offered?
dosch44 wrote: I'm sure you are just trolling but you know that all these kids get reevaluated after the summer camp circuit. How many players has BK gotten do before they have blown up?
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades


Last edited 6/12/2014 3:47 PM by WadeWalker2013

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:57 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


It still could be a very good class. Waller, St Brown, Bilal, Reid, Crawford, Jamabo, Taylor, Hilliard are all very real possibilities for ND and all really good players. Lucier-South is a top 25 recruit who has serious interest in ND and already has an OV scheduled. 

So a potential core of Tillery, Hoge, Waller, St Brown, Bilal, Reid, Crawford, Jamabo, Taylor and Barajas makes for a really solid class. No Jaylon Smiths or Stephon Tuitts, but some good players and some much needed depth.

As far as Cornell, not sure what is going on with him, but I dont think he ends up at ND.
irisheyes wrote: And to think a lot of people on here were saying 3 months ago that this could be such a huge class for us.  Ive even heard we arent amongst the leaders for Cornell anymore. 
IrishfromA2 wrote: If it gets to the point where ND has to turn away top 250 players because they are signing these 3-stars, then I think it will be cause for concern, but it seems like the last few classes, the staff has been scrambling to fill spots. 

Unfortunately, there just arent that many top 100 players left that have serious interest in ND. I can think of maybe 2 borderline 5-stars who could end up at ND but the rest just arent interested.
lumbergh wrote: Sign me up for some wow.  Kelly seems to be better at talent identification (and/or development) than any ND coach in my lifetime, but, in terms of average recruit ranking, this could wind up one of the worst classes on paper in decades
 

Last edited 6/12/2014 3:58 PM by IrishfromA2

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/12/2014 3:57 PM

Re: OH CB Nick Coleman Committed to ND. 


they should be... so far their offer sheets are blah.  actually they are below blah.




ejk15 wrote: All these new commits seem like really solid gets...but I really want a WOW commit soon. Obviously those usually come later on in the process, so it's nice to get a solid base for the class.

Last edited 6/12/2014 4:02 PM by remmuh80

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >