Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 2?

Posted: 2/6/2013 12:37 PM

Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 2? 




Jacob Hester Twitter

Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 2? They know its still Ole Miss right?

Last edited 2/6/2013 12:40 PM by LSUFAN44

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2013 1:17 PM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 


That is great!  Ole Miss, the SMU of the SEC......noidea
Reply | Quote
  • SECpride
  • Sophomore
  • 395 posts this site

Posted: 2/6/2013 1:54 PM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 


Ole Miss has never made the SEC championship game????
There's a reason for it...... its Ole Miss!!

Congrats to them on some great recruits, but LSU is still better!!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/6/2013 6:22 PM

These guys had LSU on the ropes in 2012.... 


and that was BEFORE this #5 class....just sayin'. Coach Freeze is a proven top-flight recruiter and heck of a coach. To think otherwise is foolish. Ole Miss has arrived and will be a factor in the SEC for a long time to come. 

D1
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/6/2013 7:49 PM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 



SECpride wrote: Ole Miss has never made the SEC championship game????
There's a reason for it...... its Ole Miss!!

Congrats to them on some great recruits, but LSU is still better!!!!
That is correct, but actually the 1st year LSU won the national championship, 2003,
OM tied the Tigers for the Western Title, LSU advanced because they won the head to head, but the standings actually reflect a tied western conference.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/6/2013 8:24 PM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 


If there is a tie-breaker, there is no tie. Therefore, LSU won the division and OM was second. No tie.

And to the poster who posted about OM "arriving" and going to be a force for some time....good stuff! Good stuff man!! biggrin
Reply | Quote
  • SECpride
  • Sophomore
  • 395 posts this site

Posted: 2/7/2013 8:43 AM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 


I must say that I am OLD SCHOOL!!!  When I went to LSU, Ole Miss was our greatest rival, and in my heart, I still hate em...but love em at same time.  Ole Miss has an outstanding campus, etc.. but I would have to say, the Rebels have not arrived just yet.  
One good recruiting class is not going to cut it in this league?  It will likely take you several years to build some depth to compete at OUR level.  But as evidenced by the games and history between us, that doesn't matter.  However, you will need some more talent to win the WEST.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/7/2013 9:12 AM

Re: These guys had LSU on the ropes in 2012.... 



Dubbed1 wrote: and that was BEFORE this #5 class....just sayin'. Coach Freeze is a proven top-flight recruiter and heck of a coach. To think otherwise is foolish. Ole Miss has arrived and will be a factor in the SEC for a long time to come. 

D1
Ed the Orangutan was also a top flite recruiter..and Ole Piss never sniffed the SEC title.  Ole Miss won't even be a factor in the SEC West.  More likely the NCAA hammer comes down and busts Hugh Fraud for cheating!! After a 3 kid class....the Ole Miss idiots come out of the woodwork!!  What a joke!!

Last edited 2/7/2013 9:25 AM by LSU87Tiger

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/7/2013 9:24 AM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 



josecanuc wrote:
SECpride wrote: Ole Miss has never made the SEC championship game????
There's a reason for it...... its Ole Miss!!

Congrats to them on some great recruits, but LSU is still better!!!!
That is correct, but actually the 1st year LSU won the national championship, 2003,
OM tied the Tigers for the Western Title, LSU advanced because they won the head to head, but the standings actually reflect a tied western conference.
That is true...but then..when you get Vanderbilt every year..you do get a 1 game advantage!  And that same Ole Missy team lost to a bad Memphis team...and an average Texas Tech team.  The reality is....Schools like Bama, LSU, Auburn or even Arkansas don't hang banners all over their stadiums celebrating shared titles in years they didn't make the SECCG.  LSU tied Bama in 96, AU in 97, & AU & Arky in 02..yet we don't have big signs advertising those "shared co-division" titles!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/7/2013 1:03 PM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 


And the Tigers got Kentucky.  The SEC scheduling is not perfect, but it is what it is.  By the rsults of the head to head, it appears there wasn't much difference between the teams.  As you might remember, Eli Manning was tripped by his own lineman to effectively end the game.

And by the way, LSU does claim shared titles.
LSU87Tiger wrote:
josecanuc wrote:
SECpride wrote: Ole Miss has never made the SEC championship game????
There's a reason for it...... its Ole Miss!!

Congrats to them on some great recruits, but LSU is still better!!!!
That is correct, but actually the 1st year LSU won the national championship, 2003,
OM tied the Tigers for the Western Title, LSU advanced because they won the head to head, but the standings actually reflect a tied western conference.
That is true...but then..when you get Vanderbilt every year..you do get a 1 game advantage!  And that same Ole Missy team lost to a bad Memphis team...and an average Texas Tech team.  The reality is....Schools like Bama, LSU, Auburn or even Arkansas don't hang banners all over their stadiums celebrating shared titles in years they didn't make the SECCG.  LSU tied Bama in 96, AU in 97, & AU & Arky in 02..yet we don't have big signs advertising those "shared co-division" titles!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/17/2013 9:55 PM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 



josecanuc wrote: And the Tigers got Kentucky.  The SEC scheduling is not perfect, but it is what it is.  By the rsults of the head to head, it appears there wasn't much difference between the teams.  As you might remember, Eli Manning was tripped by his own lineman to effectively end the game.

And by the way, LSU does claim shared titles.
LSU87Tiger wrote:
josecanuc wrote:
SECpride wrote: Ole Miss has never made the SEC championship game????
There's a reason for it...... its Ole Miss!!

Congrats to them on some great recruits, but LSU is still better!!!!
That is correct, but actually the 1st year LSU won the national championship, 2003,
OM tied the Tigers for the Western Title, LSU advanced because they won the head to head, but the standings actually reflect a tied western conference.
That is true...but then..when you get Vanderbilt every year..you do get a 1 game advantage!  And that same Ole Missy team lost to a bad Memphis team...and an average Texas Tech team.  The reality is....Schools like Bama, LSU, Auburn or even Arkansas don't hang banners all over their stadiums celebrating shared titles in years they didn't make the SECCG.  LSU tied Bama in 96, AU in 97, & AU & Arky in 02..yet we don't have big signs advertising those "shared co-division" titles!!
UK was still better than VU..and Georgia, your other permanent opponent wasn't in the same zipcode as UF.  The SEC schedule is far from perfect, and it is worse now, handing Ole Myth and MSU a freebie (of course the same could be said for Vandy and UK..they get a freebie!).  Eli Manning was tripped because Lavalais and the LSU DL pushed your OL in backwards into him.  LSU was a far better team in 2003..with Ole Miss being at best, the 4th best SEC squad behind UGA and likely Tennessee.  Schedule was the only reason Ole Miss was playing for anything!

As to shared titles...it is not whether LSU claims them or not.  They are recognized by the SEC.  The difference is...LSU does not have BIG, BOLD banners hanging in Tiger Stadium celebrating the 96, 97, & 02 Co-West titles!  You won't even see a banner or a flag for anything less than a SEC or NC in Tiger Stadium.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/18/2013 6:24 PM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 


Agreed the Tigers were a better and deeper team, by the score and the mutual opponents I don't know about "far", as I also recall OM beat the Florida team that upset the Tigers in Tiger stadium.  Games are decided more about matchups than talent.   The OM-LSU game as you must admit, was not a walk over or easy win, however you might want to conclude that EM hit the ground their last drive. 
LSU87Tiger wrote:
josecanuc wrote: And the Tigers got Kentucky.  The SEC scheduling is not perfect, but it is what it is.  By the rsults of the head to head, it appears there wasn't much difference between the teams.  As you might remember, Eli Manning was tripped by his own lineman to effectively end the game.

And by the way, LSU does claim shared titles.
LSU87Tiger wrote:
josecanuc wrote:
SECpride wrote: Ole Miss has never made the SEC championship game????
There's a reason for it...... its Ole Miss!!

Congrats to them on some great recruits, but LSU is still better!!!!
That is correct, but actually the 1st year LSU won the national championship, 2003,
OM tied the Tigers for the Western Title, LSU advanced because they won the head to head, but the standings actually reflect a tied western conference.
That is true...but then..when you get Vanderbilt every year..you do get a 1 game advantage!  And that same Ole Missy team lost to a bad Memphis team...and an average Texas Tech team.  The reality is....Schools like Bama, LSU, Auburn or even Arkansas don't hang banners all over their stadiums celebrating shared titles in years they didn't make the SECCG.  LSU tied Bama in 96, AU in 97, & AU & Arky in 02..yet we don't have big signs advertising those "shared co-division" titles!!
UK was still better than VU..and Georgia, your other permanent opponent wasn't in the same zipcode as UF.  The SEC schedule is far from perfect, and it is worse now, handing Ole Myth and MSU a freebie (of course the same could be said for Vandy and UK..they get a freebie!).  Eli Manning was tripped because Lavalais and the LSU DL pushed your OL in backwards into him.  LSU was a far better team in 2003..with Ole Miss being at best, the 4th best SEC squad behind UGA and likely Tennessee.  Schedule was the only reason Ole Miss was playing for anything!

As to shared titles...it is not whether LSU claims them or not.  They are recognized by the SEC.  The difference is...LSU does not have BIG, BOLD banners hanging in Tiger Stadium celebrating the 96, 97, & 02 Co-West titles!  You won't even see a banner or a flag for anything less than a SEC or NC in Tiger Stadium.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/18/2013 6:38 PM

Re: These guys had LSU on the ropes in 2012.... 


As an LSU grad/dad and fan and Ole Miss dad, it is always a source of irrattion when peckerwoods resort to insults rather than dealing with fact. A keyboard makes you a man or a literary genious!  There are no more "idiots" at OM than there are at LSU, Alabama, or any other school.  There are many at all schools, just read the posts on this site and you can verify that. Supporting a team doesn't give one the right to be personal or insulting.  I'm very familiar with both schools and find they each have many fine academic qualities. Neither are Harvard either.  Factually, until otherwise proven OM hasn't been charged or penalized for recruiting in the last decade,  the Tigers have..... twice.
LSU87Tiger wrote:
Dubbed1 wrote: and that was BEFORE this #5 class....just sayin'. Coach Freeze is a proven top-flight recruiter and heck of a coach. To think otherwise is foolish. Ole Miss has arrived and will be a factor in the SEC for a long time to come. 

D1
Ed the Orangutan was also a top flite recruiter..and Ole Piss never sniffed the SEC title.  Ole Miss won't even be a factor in the SEC West.  More likely the NCAA hammer comes down and busts Hugh Fraud for cheating!! After a 3 kid class....the Ole Miss idiots come out of the woodwork!!  What a joke!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/22/2013 6:49 PM

Re: These guys had LSU on the ropes in 2012.... 


just cause you get some big tiome recruits, dont mean your gonna win the sec.

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” ~

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/24/2013 7:26 PM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 


can't wait to see da tigas get beat in Oxford this year.all talking aside,you should be worried.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/25/2013 1:08 PM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 


They wanted to play for a coach that can tell time
LSUFAN44 wrote:

Jacob Hester Twitter

Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 2? They know its still Ole Miss right?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/25/2013 2:20 PM

Re: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 


biggrin

Les Miles > Hugh Freeze


Jimbo65 wrote: They wanted to play for a coach that can tell time
LSUFAN44 wrote:

Jacob Hester Twitter

Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 2? They know its still Ole Miss right?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/3/2013 9:01 AM

RE: Is Hugh Freeze promising these guys a spot in The Blind Side 


lol...think you had better get your own house in order before worrying about ours..

bad spelers of teh inturnet, untie!!
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/3/2013 6:36 PM

Re: These guys had LSU on the ropes in 2012.... 



josecanuc wrote: As an LSU grad/dad and fan and Ole Miss dad, it is always a source of irrattion when peckerwoods resort to insults rather than dealing with fact. A keyboard makes you a man or a literary genious!  There are no more "idiots" at OM than there are at LSU, Alabama, or any other school.  There are many at all schools, just read the posts on this site and you can verify that. Supporting a team doesn't give one the right to be personal or insulting.  I'm very familiar with both schools and find they each have many fine academic qualities. Neither are Harvard either.  Factually, until otherwise proven OM hasn't been charged or penalized for recruiting in the last decade,  the Tigers have..... twice.
LSU87Tiger wrote:
Dubbed1 wrote: and that was BEFORE this #5 class....just sayin'. Coach Freeze is a proven top-flight recruiter and heck of a coach. To think otherwise is foolish. Ole Miss has arrived and will be a factor in the SEC for a long time to come. 

D1
Ed the Orangutan was also a top flite recruiter..and Ole Piss never sniffed the SEC title.  Ole Miss won't even be a factor in the SEC West.  More likely the NCAA hammer comes down and busts Hugh Fraud for cheating!! After a 3 kid class....the Ole Miss idiots come out of the woodwork!!  What a joke!!
And are we on your board spouting off about anything..despite signing a better class, beating you again (winning almost right at 70% of the games since Vaught retired), finishing higher in the SEC, and going to a better bowl for a vast majority of the years since 1970.  No, it is you and a bunch of the Ole Miss idiots that have come here to beat their chests...over what I don't know.  Ole Miss is and will generally be an SEC cellar dwellar. 

Will you beat LSU?  I would venture yes, as it seems that game makes Ole Myth's season.  Win the SEC?  Very, very unlikely!!  You aren't even close to challenging for the West.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/4/2013 10:15 AM

Re: These guys had LSU on the ropes in 2012.... 


Haven't really seen anyone beating their chest, only reponding to people whining that OM must be a cheater since it had a great class.  Personally, I don't put much stock in rankings until they line up on the field.  As a LSU grad I'm glad for the Tigers and as an OM dad I'm pleased for the Rebs.  With what the Tigers spend on Athletic budget compared to OM  (3-1) they should win over 70% of the time in all sports.  Judging from the defections off last years team, I would also suggest that the Tigers aren't close to contending for the title either.  The fall might tell us if LM is really a great coach that can win without great talent and experience and if Freeze is morfe than a flash in the pan.
LSU87Tiger wrote:
josecanuc wrote: As an LSU grad/dad and fan and Ole Miss dad, it is always a source of irrattion when peckerwoods resort to insults rather than dealing with fact. A keyboard makes you a man or a literary genious!  There are no more "idiots" at OM than there are at LSU, Alabama, or any other school.  There are many at all schools, just read the posts on this site and you can verify that. Supporting a team doesn't give one the right to be personal or insulting.  I'm very familiar with both schools and find they each have many fine academic qualities. Neither are Harvard either.  Factually, until otherwise proven OM hasn't been charged or penalized for recruiting in the last decade,  the Tigers have..... twice.
LSU87Tiger wrote:
Dubbed1 wrote: and that was BEFORE this #5 class....just sayin'. Coach Freeze is a proven top-flight recruiter and heck of a coach. To think otherwise is foolish. Ole Miss has arrived and will be a factor in the SEC for a long time to come. 

D1
Ed the Orangutan was also a top flite recruiter..and Ole Piss never sniffed the SEC title.  Ole Miss won't even be a factor in the SEC West.  More likely the NCAA hammer comes down and busts Hugh Fraud for cheating!! After a 3 kid class....the Ole Miss idiots come out of the woodwork!!  What a joke!!
And are we on your board spouting off about anything..despite signing a better class, beating you again (winning almost right at 70% of the games since Vaught retired), finishing higher in the SEC, and going to a better bowl for a vast majority of the years since 1970.  No, it is you and a bunch of the Ole Miss idiots that have come here to beat their chests...over what I don't know.  Ole Miss is and will generally be an SEC cellar dwellar. 

Will you beat LSU?  I would venture yes, as it seems that game makes Ole Myth's season.  Win the SEC?  Very, very unlikely!!  You aren't even close to challenging for the West.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >