Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication

Posted: 01/01/2014 6:45 AM

Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


The following is the last paragraph of a Doug Haller article in the Republic that should be kept in mind as next year's football season unfolds:

"But Graham is optimistic for next season. 'Anything less than 10 wins will be a disappointment' he said."

My take: he is overly optimistic...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 6:53 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Dayum, I didn't know you ever posted about sports. At first, I assumed Todd Graham must have said "abortion" three times to pull you to the football board. However, let's have a look at ASU's schedule next year:

OOC - Weber State, New Mexico, Notre Dame (Should end up no worse than 2-1 there, and a legit shot at 3-0)

Conference home games - Stanford, UCLA, Utah, Washington State (I would imagine they go either 3-1 or 2-2 there)

Conference road games - Arizona, Colorado, Oregon State, USC, Washington (I could see anything from 2-3 to 4-1)

So in my mind, best case for ASU in the regular season is probably 10-2, worst case is probably 6-6. Throw in whatever bowl they get, and it's 11-2 on the high end, 6-7 on the low end. I would expect Graham to have 10 wins as a goal - if anything less is a disappointment, however, I'd guess the chance of him being disappointed when the season is over is something around 75%.

Helpful (and new) info for Higley Devil: Football games are four quarters long. Basketball games? Two halves.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 8:04 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


All that Graham needs to do, in order to pilot his team to another 10-win season is to fire that terrible Special Teams Coach, right? :-) :-) :-)

Because we ALL know that it was the Special Teams that was the reason why TT was running up almost 400 yards IN THE FIRST HALF against the "defense" that Odd Graham was calling, right? :-) :-) :-)

Jesus, what a douche! :-) :-) :-)

I feel sorry for whomever is coaching those Special Teams. He has become the proverbial Sacrificial Lamb!

I actually respected Graham at half-time, when he took responsibility for his team's pathetic showing. But, I guess after sleeping on it, he decided that it was better to throw his Special Teams Coach and Players under the bus, instead, thus revealing his true character.

I didn't like him, the first time that I saw him, started to change my mind, and now can see that my first impressions of him were spot on.

GLAD to have him as the coach of the Sun Devils! Makes it more fun, when you can build up a legitimate dislike for your rival! :-)

Last edited 01/01/2014 8:04 AM by TrueKattzFan

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 8:26 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


I didn't think coaches put out a number like that.  He will most definitely be reminded of 10 wins next year.  What if they get 9 wins.  Is that a loser season.  If you carry this out further, he is insulting his opponents in advance.  I have a feeling this will work against him.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 8:39 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Then you should have looked at Channel 10 FOX last night where he said no way were his players at fault and he said he and his coaches were responsible. Wonder who took responsibility for your loss to Washington State and ASU?? biggrinbiggrin


TrueKattzFan wrote: All that Graham needs to do, in order to pilot his team to another 10-win season is to fire that terrible Special Teams Coach, right? :-) :-) :-)

Because we ALL know that it was the Special Teams that was the reason why TT was running up almost 400 yards IN THE FIRST HALF against the "defense" that Odd Graham was calling, right? :-) :-) :-)

Jesus, what a douche! :-) :-) :-)

I feel sorry for whomever is coaching those Special Teams. He has become the proverbial Sacrificial Lamb!

I actually respected Graham at half-time, when he took responsibility for his team's pathetic showing. But, I guess after sleeping on it, he decided that it was better to throw his Special Teams Coach and Players under the bus, instead, thus revealing his true character.

I didn't like him, the first time that I saw him, started to change my mind, and now can see that my first impressions of him were spot on.

GLAD to have him as the coach of the Sun Devils! Makes it more fun, when you can build up a legitimate dislike for your rival! :-)

Last edited 01/01/2014 8:40 AM by 24dvls

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 9:37 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Uh, Rich Rod did....................................and not once did he blame his Special Teams coach or players for a loss :-) :-) :-)

Thank you for asking me that question, since my answer only further confirmed my point! :-)


24dvls wrote: Then you should have looked at Channel 10 FOX last night where he said no way were his players at fault and he said he and his coaches were responsible. Wonder who took responsibility for your loss to Washington State and ASU?? biggrinbiggrin


TrueKattzFan wrote: All that Graham needs to do, in order to pilot his team to another 10-win season is to fire that terrible Special Teams Coach, right? :-) :-) :-)

Because we ALL know that it was the Special Teams that was the reason why TT was running up almost 400 yards IN THE FIRST HALF against the "defense" that Odd Graham was calling, right? :-) :-) :-)

Jesus, what a douche! :-) :-) :-)

I feel sorry for whomever is coaching those Special Teams. He has become the proverbial Sacrificial Lamb!

I actually respected Graham at half-time, when he took responsibility for his team's pathetic showing. But, I guess after sleeping on it, he decided that it was better to throw his Special Teams Coach and Players under the bus, instead, thus revealing his true character.

I didn't like him, the first time that I saw him, started to change my mind, and now can see that my first impressions of him were spot on.

GLAD to have him as the coach of the Sun Devils! Makes it more fun, when you can build up a legitimate dislike for your rival! :-)
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/01/2014 10:05 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


He's going to be 8-4 on the regular season after losses to Arizona, USC, Stanford & UCLA
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 10:12 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


So he (RR) took responsibility but did not explain where the failure to win occurred like a poor game plan etc.
It was obvious our special teams played  a big role in our loss and it has been one of our weakness all season.
As someone who follows the game you should agree with CTG assessment. biggrinbiggrin


TrueKattzFan wrote: Uh, Rich Rod did....................................and not once did he blame his Special Teams coach or players for a loss :-) :-) :-)

Thank you for asking me that question, since my answer only further confirmed my point! :-)


24dvls wrote: Then you should have looked at Channel 10 FOX last night where he said no way were his players at fault and he said he and his coaches were responsible. Wonder who took responsibility for your loss to Washington State and ASU?? biggrinbiggrin


TrueKattzFan wrote: All that Graham needs to do, in order to pilot his team to another 10-win season is to fire that terrible Special Teams Coach, right? :-) :-) :-)

Because we ALL know that it was the Special Teams that was the reason why TT was running up almost 400 yards IN THE FIRST HALF against the "defense" that Odd Graham was calling, right? :-) :-) :-)

Jesus, what a douche! :-) :-) :-)

I feel sorry for whomever is coaching those Special Teams. He has become the proverbial Sacrificial Lamb!

I actually respected Graham at half-time, when he took responsibility for his team's pathetic showing. But, I guess after sleeping on it, he decided that it was better to throw his Special Teams Coach and Players under the bus, instead, thus revealing his true character.

I didn't like him, the first time that I saw him, started to change my mind, and now can see that my first impressions of him were spot on.

GLAD to have him as the coach of the Sun Devils! Makes it more fun, when you can build up a legitimate dislike for your rival! :-)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 10:21 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


With our loss of talent, I think next year will be tougher for us to repeat a 10 win season. I do think 8-4 would be realistic and I would be happy with that. I am glad that CTG wants to set the bar and expectation higher. However, you will likely lose K. Carey and be starting a new QB so you should be more circumspect before make predictions about others teams win/ loss record and be concerned with your own rebuilding year. biggrinbiggrin


520Wildcat wrote: He's going to be 8-4 on the regular season after losses to Arizona, USC, Stanford & UCLA
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 10:57 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


This thread IS about Sun Devil prognostication, including the coach.  I think TG puts you, your players, and fan base in a tough spot.  If you don't get to 10 wins, it seems your coach will think the season is dismal. 
Eight wins is pretty good.  Would your fan base take that now.  Not sure.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 11:02 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


I would rather see him set high expectations, then lower them. Teams that don't reach for loftier goal will seldom achieve them.biggrinbiggrin


SD Cat wrote: This thread IS about Sun Devil prognostication, including the coach.  I think TG puts you, your players, and fan base in a tough spot.  If you don't get to 10 wins, it seems your coach will think the season is dismal. 
Eight wins is pretty good.  Would your fan base take that now.  Not sure.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 11:05 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Your coach and your team.  Have it your way.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/01/2014 11:44 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Would not want it any other way....thanks biggrinbiggrin

SD Cat wrote: Your coach and your team.  Have it your way.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/01/2014 10:17 PM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Maybe he is talking about Texas 

 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/02/2014 5:14 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Goal setting is great... but they need to be kept within the team and not in the media. 

Coach would say... "if you aim at nothing, you're sure to hit it".

Boasting about goals indicates a sign of "insecurity" IMO.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/02/2014 8:19 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Graham says the same exact thing after every loss.  'This falls on me and the coaching staff.  We didn't have them ready to play and that's our fault'.  

It's such a canned response at this point, gimme a break.  Okay Todd, your team literally should go 14-0 every year and if you lose a game, it's because you didn't 'coach them up enough' for the game.  

Would be nice if he could occasionally be honest and just say, 'we got outplayed today'.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/02/2014 8:37 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Then you should have listened to his post game comments where he gave credit to TTU for playing a good game. After he took responsibility.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/02/2014 9:01 AM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 



24dvls wrote:  you will likely lose K. Carey and be starting a new QB so you should be more circumspect before make predictions about others teams win/ loss record and be concerned with your own rebuilding year. 
Yes, but the general consensus is we will be a better team next year despite the losses.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/02/2014 1:15 PM

Re: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Please provide me with your source for this consensus. I would like to review it myself. biggrinbiggrin



520Wildcat wrote:
Yes, but the general consensus is we will be a better team next year despite the losses.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/02/2014 2:41 PM

RE: Todd Graham's 2014 prognostication 


Why does Tillman Tunnel get to post here under the sock puppet 24Dvls?

Just asking..
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >