Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >

Honk Admits GM is Problem

Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 5:54 PM

Honk Admits GM is Problem 


If so, fire him today.

I'm actually getting excited.

Most fans are claiming that we would win every game if Norv was not the Head Coach.

So, I ask: If Norv is fired tomorrow, do we win the Super Bowl or at least win a couple of games in the playoffs, like we did in the 2008 post-season with Marty, cough, cough, I mean with Norv?

Please say yes, because I would be disappointed if everybody said otherwise after writing for so long that the only problem with the Charger is Norv.

I'm hearing that the Rams have no weapons. However, their cut players are considered by our most intelligent posters as being a weapon. So, now that we got Danario, we have weapons!

Woohoo. I guess that is Fishers strength: Knowing when to cut weapons in order to have none. Hehe. crazy In all seriousness, Fisher was an idiot to cut Danario. The guy is good. Especially since the Rams apparently, maybe delusionally, have no weapons, according to at least syx pirate posters. 

So, again, if Norv is fired tomorrow, do we win the Super Bowl? If so, when? biggrin
Two words: Offensive Line!

Last edited 11/11/2012 9:36 PM by chargers4life

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:08 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


I think Fisher cut Denario Alexander not Dante Rosario.  biggrin

BUt I am definitely ready for a change.  Definitely could not be any worse. Unless of course we get Romeo Crennel.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:09 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Vince Lombardi could not coach us to the playoffs with we cant protect the QB who is a turnover machine.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:13 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Since Norv has been here this team has find the stupidest ways to lose and its not just one player acting like an idiot. Rivers fumbles a snap or throws idiotic pick 6s, Vincent Jackson gets called for an unsportmanslinke penalty for kicking a flag in the playoff game against the Jets, punts are blocked, Ryan Mathews fumbles at the goalline after a long drive, Jacob Hester gives the ball away on the opening kickoff after trying an over the shoulder lateral to Darren Sproles, an out of shape Gates drops too many passes, the offensive lineman get called for false starts....

I could go on all day. This team needs discipline in the worst way.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:25 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


I just love it when somebody takes time out of their day to correct somebody incorrectly. sarcasm.gif
It's Danario, which is what I wrote; not Denario, and nobody used the name Dante. rolleyes
Boltman46 wrote: I think Fisher cut Denario Alexander not Dante Rosario.  biggrin

Two words: Offensive Line!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:26 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


So, Norv is fired and we win the Super Bowl? biggrin
toddhoopster wrote: Since Norv has been here this team has find the stupidest ways to lose and its not just one player acting like an idiot. Rivers fumbles a snap or throws idiotic pick 6s, Vincent Jackson gets called for an unsportmanslinke penalty for kicking a flag in the playoff game against the Jets, punts are blocked, Ryan Mathews fumbles at the goalline after a long drive, Jacob Hester gives the ball away on the opening kickoff after trying an over the shoulder lateral to Darren Sproles, an out of shape Gates drops too many passes, the offensive lineman get called for false starts....

I could go on all day. This team needs discipline in the worst way.
Two words: Offensive Line!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:35 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Honk, the self elected forum leader, I really want you to chime in.

If Norv gets fired, do we win a Super Bowl? biggrin
Two words: Offensive Line!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:40 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


I would also like to hear from Syx.

According to him, we have an awesome o-line and Fishers cuts are our now our WEAPONS. Why Fisher cuts weapons when Syx says that he has none, I don't know. However, Syx knows Fisher very well.

So, Syx, I ask, if Norv is fired tomorrow, do we win the Super Bowl? biggrin
Two words: Offensive Line!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:49 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


No Norv doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl appearance but gives us a chance for the playoffs next year. This year is too far gone. This will be our third year, no playoffs in a crappy division.
CHUCKIE, come to San Diego, the finest city in America, and lead us to the Super Bowl! If you then become an intolerable bully, I'll be okay with that.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:54 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Firing Norv is just one step of many. AJ needs to be fired as well as Rivers.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:55 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Wait a minute. Chance? That's the best you can do? Chance? And you don't even guarantee any wins in the playoffs if Norv is fired?

What's up with that? Why the drive for blood if that is the most we can hope for: a chance? noidea

We have a chance to make the playoffs if Norv is the HC too, obviously, since we got there with him 3 seasons in a fracking row. ohlord
kelcherfan wrote: No Norv doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl appearance but gives us a chance for the playoffs next year. This year is too far gone. This will be our third year, no playoffs in a crappy division.
Two words: Offensive Line!

Last edited 11/11/2012 6:56 PM by chargers4life

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 7:02 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Your logic is mind boggling!!!

When you have to use absolutes like....."Most fans are claiming that we would win every game if Norv was not the Head Coach."....you know you're already on the wrong side of the argument, because no one is claiming that.

What most are saying collectively, (not including you) is this team under Norv has under performed and finds all different ways of losing. Obviously a change doesn't always guarantee success but a new direction and new leadership gives a new opportunity.

Now you like to come on this forum and say things and then not hold yourself responsible for what you say and then try to come up with threads like this as a way to justify your past misguided ways. I honestly want to take you seriously but find it hard when you're always saying things, just to say them. For me, the time has come for a new GM and Head Coach, when this change occurs, if the right choices are brought in here, I will support them 100% until they prove a new change is needed, which is something that happens in the NFL, all the time, it's just the nature of the beast.

Last edited 11/11/2012 7:04 PM by Chargerhonk

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 7:03 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Cool. That will save us some money. So, Norv, AJ, and Rivers are fired: Do we win the Super Bowl? biggrin
ARCMnu wrote: Firing Norv is just one step of many. AJ needs to be fired as well as Rivers.
Two words: Offensive Line!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 7:09 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Hey Chargers4life...

Explain this to me....In the Chargers 5 losses this season, SD outscored opponents 65-58 in 1st half, were outscored 76-16 in 2nd half.

What does that stat tell you? Let me guess, you don't like facts! Does it say that the head coach isn't making second half changes that the other teams head coaches are making? Yes, Rivers is imploding, but the play calling is also part of the problem and so is game preparation during the week.

Last edited 11/11/2012 7:10 PM by Chargerhonk

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/11/2012 7:10 PM

RE: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


I' m not sure what will, but i'm getting more confident each week what wont, as painful as it is
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 7:11 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Well, Super Honk, I'm tired of you answering questions with questions.
Two words: Offensive Line!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 7:15 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 



chargers4life wrote: Well, Super Honk, I'm tired of you answering questions with questions.
You mean you hate logic and facts. Sorry, next time I will have to answer your inane questions because you asked it, makes perfect sense. eek1

BTW...I did answer it. Yes, we need to fire GM/Head Coach! Beyond that, nothing in life is guaranteed. It's not even guaranteed that you'll make a first post that makes sense. eek

Last edited 11/11/2012 7:15 PM by Chargerhonk

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 7:19 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Yep, a chance is the best I'll give it. Because,

1. I have no confidence in Spanos hiring a really good coach. But I have no interest in wasting another year watching a Norv coached team.

2. While the talent has degraded, Putting Norv in the mix means we get less out of less talent.

3. Norv built his reputation as an offensive guru with Aikman, emmitt and Irvin. No Chargers are going to be confused with those three at this point. I'm a good poker player when I hold aces over queens not so good with ten high.

Do you really want to go into next year hoping for the same old 2+2 to equal 5?

Why not change it up and if the right guy is selected the team could be relevant again.




---------------------------------------------
--- chargers4life wrote:

Wait a minute. Chance? That's the best you can do? Chance? And you don't even guarantee any wins in the playoffs if Norv is fired?

What's up with that? Why the drive for blood if that is the most we can hope for: a chance? noidea

We have a chance to make the playoffs if Norv is the HC too, obviously, since we got there with him 3 seasons in a fracking row. ohlord
kelcherfan wrote: No Norv doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl appearance but gives us a chance for the playoffs next year. This year is too far gone. This will be our third year, no playoffs in a crappy division.


---------------------------------------------
CHUCKIE, come to San Diego, the finest city in America, and lead us to the Super Bowl! If you then become an intolerable bully, I'll be okay with that.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 7:22 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


So, in other words, you have just been bloviating for the past 6 seasons?

You have got to be kidding me?

You won't guarantee at least making the playoffs if Norv is fired after saying he should be fired during and after he took the Chargers to the playoffs 3 seasons in a fracking row?

What a cop out!
Chargerhonk wrote:
...nothing in life is guaranteed. 
Two words: Offensive Line!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 7:26 PM

Re: Firing Norv = Super Bowl? 


Hey Kelcher,

I think it is time. Norv was given his window and, fair or not, he didn't get us to the promise land.

However, Super Honk and others have been blaming every bad play on Norv, so it seems only right that he/they promise a Super Bowl, or at least some playoff wins, if Norv is fired tomorrow.
Two words: Offensive Line!
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >