Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

The "Evolving" Final 53

Avatar

Posted: 08/31/2013 3:35 PM

The "Evolving" Final 53 


Well, here they are. As I mentioned in another thread, our depth should be called shallow. Once the injuries hit is when our season will end. Thoughts on the final(ish) roster?

Last updated: Sept 2

QB: Rivers, Whitehurst, Sorensen
RB: Mathews, Woodhead, Brown, Whittaker, McClain
TE: Gates, Phillips, Green
WR: Floyd, Brown, Royal, Allen, Ajirotutu
OL: Dunlap, Rinehart, Hardwick, Clary, Fluker, Harris, Ohrnberger, Troutman
DL: Liuget, Thomas, Reyes, Geathers, Wynn, Sissemore, Nevis
MLB: Butler, Te'o, Bird, Gachkar, Manning, Walker
OLB: Freeney, Johnson, English, Williams
CB: Cox, Wright, Patrick, Marshall
S: Weddle, Gilchrist, Taylor, Stuckey, Addae
K: Novak
P: Scirfres
LS: Windt

“I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.”

Last edited 09/02/2013 1:36 PM by shoehater

Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/31/2013 3:48 PM

Re: The Final 53 


I just don't get what they see in Goodman. He always seems to run right into his blockers or tacklers. Here's to hoping he gets better this year but I didn't see it in the preseason.
Without struggle, there is no progress.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/31/2013 4:02 PM

Re: The Final 53 


I think we may see Fozzy Whittaker returning kicks since he excelled at it while @ Texas! Goodman made it maybe because he' s good on the coverage teams. But if some quality WR or O-lineman comes across the waiver wire then Goodman may be toast. I hoping to see Keiser and Baker on the practice squad!!
Wherever The Fear May Be, Look It In The Eyes
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/31/2013 4:08 PM

Re: The Final 53 



Boltsbacker wrote: I think we may see Fozzy Whittaker returning kicks since he excelled at it while @ Texas! Goodman made it maybe because he' s good on the coverage teams. But if some quality WR or O-lineman comes across the waiver wire then Goodman may be toast. I hoping to see Keiser and Baker on the practice squad!!

FOZZY!FOZZY!FOZZY! Got a feeling there is more than kickoffs in his near future.
But either way he is there. Keiser should have been on that active roster. Got to wonder what is in store here.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/31/2013 5:00 PM

RE: The Final 53 


Goodman has no moves, no hands and no value to the Bolts. Amazing he made it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/31/2013 5:35 PM

RE: The Final 53 


Fozzy played himself not only on the roster but I hope to be a playmaker.  I like this kid.  Woodhead better wake up or he could lose his 3rd down snaps.  Mathews better hold onto the dam ball!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/31/2013 6:09 PM

Re: The Final 53 


I can only believe that they may feel Goodman will eventually become the next kassim osgood. Other then that, I don't see it myself either.
It's not about how many times you get knocked down.  It's whether or not you are willing to get back up. 

Last edited 09/01/2013 12:58 AM by Thisfrickinguy

Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/31/2013 7:22 PM

RE: The Final 53 


Who the heck is Moore and why did he make the team over Keiser?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/31/2013 11:25 PM

RE: The Final 53 



I believe it's Brandon Moore, he came in as a UDFA from Texas. I'm actually ok with them
keeping him since they are so thin on the interior. I do understand why keeping Keiser though who I think should take Goodman's spot.
---------------------------------------------
--- ChargersWinII wrote:

Who the heck is Moore and why did he make the team over Keiser?

---------------------------------------------
Without struggle, there is no progress.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/31/2013 11:36 PM

RE: The Final 53 



BoltinLoudGuy wrote:
I believe it's Brandon Moore, he came in as a UDFA from Texas. I'm actually ok with them
keeping him since they are so thin on the interior. I do understand why keeping Keiser though who I think should take Goodman's spot.
---------------------------------------------
--- ChargersWinII wrote:

Who the heck is Moore and why did he make the team over Keiser?

---------------------------------------------


Thank you.

I read at another site that Moore is short-term insurance for Scafe who's currently wearing  the boot. Hope we don't lose Keiser through this.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/01/2013 7:47 AM

RE: The Final 53 


I am very concerned with our OT position. We are only carrying 3 and are one injury away from Mike Harris starting again.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/01/2013 10:02 AM

Re: The Final 53 


How about RB Jonathan Dwyer instead of Brown? No idea how the $ works on something like that, and maybe our new system is much like the Steelers new system, but he doesn't seem to have been cut because he can no longer get the job done. He led the Steelers in rushing last season and only started 6 games.

“I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.”
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/01/2013 1:48 PM

Re: The "Evolving" Final 53 


Updated the 53 except for LB Manning. Wasn't sure who was removed to make room.

“I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.”
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/01/2013 3:38 PM

RE: The Final 53 



Boltman46 wrote: I am very concerned with our OT position. We are only carrying 3 and are one injury away from Mike Harris starting again.

I've been concerned for around 4 years now, right before Mathews was drafted. Actually more so during LTs last season.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/01/2013 5:02 PM

Re: The Final 53 



shoehater wrote: How about RB Jonathan Dwyer instead of Brown? No idea how the $ works on something like that, and maybe our new system is much like the Steelers new system, but he doesn't seem to have been cut because he can no longer get the job done. He led the Steelers in rushing last season and only started 6 games.

Apparently the Steelers thought he took plays off - didn't give effort on many snaps.  I don't know myself, of course, but I certainly do trust the word of the people in that organization.  There are no better football people in the business.

---
"I've never been around a 24-year-old 12-year vet."

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/01/2013 5:22 PM

Re: The Final 53 



Ill never understand this mentality in a sport like this. What shame.

---------------------------------------------
--- 88Unbeatable82 wrote: Apparently the Steelers thought he took plays off

---------------------------------------------

“I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.”
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/01/2013 6:16 PM

Re: The Final 53 



shoehater wrote:
Ill never understand this mentality in a sport like this. What shame.

---------------------------------------------
--- 88Unbeatable82 wrote: Apparently the Steelers thought he took plays off

---------------------------------------------


Dwyer also reported to Spring workouts at least 25 pounds overweight.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/01/2013 9:05 PM

Re: The Final 53 


Analyzing the Turk's Work

San Diego's roster is down to the final 53, although we used the word "final" loosely. We analyze the Chargers' final roster decisions and detail the strengths and weaknesses of the team as currently assembled. Read More...


 
Also, our roster and depth chart are now up to date, a task made all the more tedious by Tom Telesco's torrid trip across the waiver wire.
To make sure you don't miss any SDBoltReport.com updates, follow us on Twitter.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/01/2013 9:20 PM

Re: The Final 53 



MikeLombardo wrote: Analyzing the Turk's Work

San Diego's roster is down to the final 53, although we used the word "final" loosely. We analyze the Chargers' final roster decisions and detail the strengths and weaknesses of the team as currently assembled. Read More...


 
Also, our roster and depth chart are now up to date, a task made all the more tedious by Tom Telesco's torrid trip across the waiver wire.


Mike, as you and Boltman noted, we look thin at OT. Telesco has proven he's willing to trade draft picks for immediate help (the lineman from Dallas). Do you see him dealing another pick for an OT?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/01/2013 9:32 PM

Re: The "Evolving" Final 53 


Just updated the list and added both Walker and Manning.

Walker isn't officially signed. Once he is, the Chargers will again cut a player to get to 53. Who will it be?

“I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.”
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >