Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Keenan Allen determined to be a starter

Avatar

Posted: 06/25/2013 10:00 AM

Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214487/art icle/keenan-allen-i-want-to-start-for-san-diego-ch argers

I love it when rookies are vocal about wanting to make an immediate impact.  I hope he can back it up with on field play.  We have some good WR's on the team, but since this is a new regime, I think that there are a few that could become the number one right now.

Floyd
Alexander
Brown
Allen
Meachem
Royal

Floyd has been number one
Alexander made a strong case in a shorter season
Brown could explode into this seaaon
Meachem could become the player he was in NO (really a number two but still)
Royal could be the slot

AND Allen?  It's not out of the question that he'll see many looks if he can gain chemistry with Rivers.
--------------
Ford + Attaochu + Ingram + Freeney = Improved passing defense
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/25/2013 11:13 AM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


As long as Vincent Brown stays healthy, I think he'll have a very, very productive season. He was really starting to build a special rapport with Rivers and I think he's ready to bust out and continue to improve.

My vote is for VB.....

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/25/2013 11:37 AM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 



yantha wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214487/art icle/keenan-allen-i-want-to-start-for-san-diego-ch argers

I love it when rookies are vocal about wanting to make an immediate impact.  I hope he can back it up with on field play.  We have some good WR's on the team, but since this is a new regime, I think that there are a few that could become the number one right now.

Floyd
Alexander
Brown
Allen
Meachem
Royal

Floyd has been number one
Alexander made a strong case in a shorter season
Brown could explode into this seaaon
Meachem could become the player he was in NO (really a number two but still)
Royal could be the slot

AND Allen?  It's not out of the question that he'll see many looks if he can gain chemistry with Rivers.
Hey Yantha buddy... I agree with your list except for Royal. I think De Palma beats him out when the dust settles. His ability to play the slot, return kicks, he's cheaper, his ability to stay healthy puts him on the 53 man roster. A solid camp & preseason will prove he's ready to get his shot. Pulling for this guy.
 

Last edited 06/25/2013 11:38 AM by mauibolt

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/25/2013 4:23 PM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


If they can each hold up physically I think our three receivers of the future are Danario Alexander, Vincent Brown and Keenan Allen with Brown and Allen being Pro Bowlers and Alexander having a similar career as Malcolm Floyd. Floyd will probably be gone by 2015 and I am expecting nothing from Meachem and Royal.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/25/2013 9:52 PM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


Royal has been taking reps with the first team at the slot receiver so I don't think your prediction will be correct.  I love our depth at the WR spot.
mauibolt wrote:
yantha wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214487/art icle/keenan-allen-i-want-to-start-for-san-diego-ch argers

I love it when rookies are vocal about wanting to make an immediate impact.  I hope he can back it up with on field play.  We have some good WR's on the team, but since this is a new regime, I think that there are a few that could become the number one right now.

Floyd
Alexander
Brown
Allen
Meachem
Royal

Floyd has been number one
Alexander made a strong case in a shorter season
Brown could explode into this seaaon
Meachem could become the player he was in NO (really a number two but still)
Royal could be the slot

AND Allen?  It's not out of the question that he'll see many looks if he can gain chemistry with Rivers.
Hey Yantha buddy... I agree with your list except for Royal. I think De Palma beats him out when the dust settles. His ability to play the slot, return kicks, he's cheaper, his ability to stay healthy puts him on the 53 man roster. A solid camp & preseason will prove he's ready to get his shot. Pulling for this guy.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/25/2013 11:11 PM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 



slammer8 wrote: Royal has been taking reps with the first team at the slot receiver so I don't think your prediction will be correct.  I love our depth at the WR spot.
mauibolt wrote:
yantha wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214487/art icle/keenan-allen-i-want-to-start-for-san-diego-ch argers

I love it when rookies are vocal about wanting to make an immediate impact.  I hope he can back it up with on field play.  We have some good WR's on the team, but since this is a new regime, I think that there are a few that could become the number one right now.

Floyd
Alexander
Brown
Allen
Meachem
Royal

Floyd has been number one
Alexander made a strong case in a shorter season
Brown could explode into this seaaon
Meachem could become the player he was in NO (really a number two but still)
Royal could be the slot

AND Allen?  It's not out of the question that he'll see many looks if he can gain chemistry with Rivers.
Hey Yantha buddy... I agree with your list except for Royal. I think De Palma beats him out when the dust settles. His ability to play the slot, return kicks, he's cheaper, his ability to stay healthy puts him on the 53 man roster. A solid camp & preseason will prove he's ready to get his shot. Pulling for this guy.
We shall see slammer. Means nothing right now who's getting 1st team reps. Rolyal will be hurt at some point. De Palma can't be hidden any longer. Welker got away & I was a huge fan of his when it happened. Got a good feeling about this guy. I just want what all Charger fans want, for us to win a Super bowl & fast!!! May the best 53 help us achieve the ultimate goal.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2013 9:45 AM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


Don't overlook the McCoy connection with Royal.  He coached him in Denver and knows what he can do better than any coach on our roster.  If he sticks, he probably deserves to be on the team.

De Palma has been released by both NY teams, he's 23, and has never made an impact.  We can all hope we find the next WW every offseason, but the odds of that happening are slim to nada. 
mauibolt wrote:
slammer8 wrote: Royal has been taking reps with the first team at the slot receiver so I don't think your prediction will be correct.  I love our depth at the WR spot.
mauibolt wrote:
yantha wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214487/art icle/keenan-allen-i-want-to-start-for-san-diego-ch argers

I love it when rookies are vocal about wanting to make an immediate impact.  I hope he can back it up with on field play.  We have some good WR's on the team, but since this is a new regime, I think that there are a few that could become the number one right now.

Floyd
Alexander
Brown
Allen
Meachem
Royal

Floyd has been number one
Alexander made a strong case in a shorter season
Brown could explode into this seaaon
Meachem could become the player he was in NO (really a number two but still)
Royal could be the slot

AND Allen?  It's not out of the question that he'll see many looks if he can gain chemistry with Rivers.
Hey Yantha buddy... I agree with your list except for Royal. I think De Palma beats him out when the dust settles. His ability to play the slot, return kicks, he's cheaper, his ability to stay healthy puts him on the 53 man roster. A solid camp & preseason will prove he's ready to get his shot. Pulling for this guy.
We shall see slammer. Means nothing right now who's getting 1st team reps. Rolyal will be hurt at some point. De Palma can't be hidden any longer. Welker got away & I was a huge fan of his when it happened. Got a good feeling about this guy. I just want what all Charger fans want, for us to win a Super bowl & fast!!! May the best 53 help us achieve the ultimate goal.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2013 9:56 AM

RE: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


Royal and DA already hurt. No word on severity. Chargers playing it down.

You don't have depth when 3 of your WR's are potential injury risks.
________________________________________

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/26/2013 10:03 AM

RE: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


Really?  What injuries?  Knee?
--------------
Ford + Attaochu + Ingram + Freeney = Improved passing defense
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/27/2013 2:25 AM

RE: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 



yantha wrote: Really?  What injuries?  Knee?
It was reported a few days ago. Allen working with the one's due to Alexander having a minor shoulder issue. Not sure about Royal.

I'm well aware of McCoy knowing Royal. Like he knows how to use him to his strengths, he also knows his greatest weaknesses as well. The major one being his inability to stay healthy. Not saying De Palma is the next Welker either. He's going to give the other guys all they can handle during camp & other teams fits trying to cover him... Just a gut feeling. We'll see as I said.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/27/2013 7:29 AM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


We're all uber excited for essentially the same reason - we don't know what McCoy's team is going to look like, and we badly want to see ASAP, ha ha.

If I could boil all of my wants for this first McCoy team down to one thing (which I can't, so I'll just pick the most important for me), it would be this.  I want to see a team that understands so well exactly what it is doing, it can play fast from play to play.  I DON'T want to see the opposite - a team so unsure from play to play that it is slowly walking to the huddles, s-l-o-w-l-y walking to the line, ssss-lllllll-oooooo-wwwww-lllllllll-yyyyyyy walking to and from the sideline, etc.

That is what I most want (and don't want) to see from this first McCoy team.

---
"I've never been around a 24-year-old 12-year vet."

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/05/2013 11:24 PM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


Bolts Notebook: Three Predictions for 2013

Training camp is less than a month away and fans cannot wait to get a glimpse at the new-look Chargers. But what will Bolts Backers see when the curtain is pulled back? To help answer this, we offer three predictions for the upcoming season. Read More...



I said it when Allen was drafted and I'll say it again now ... I see some healthy inactives in Allen's future. To me, he is clearly behind Danario Alexander, Vincent Brown and Malcom Floyd. That means he has to beat out Robert Meachem (guaranteed contract) and Eddie Royal for the No. 4 receiver spot ... if he's not No. 4, he's not playing, because the No. 5 receiver is only active if he's a major contributor on special teams.
To make sure you don't miss any SDBoltReport.com updates, follow us on Twitter.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/06/2013 7:11 PM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 



A 2 minute offense that looks like it was planned
---------------------------------------------
--- 88Unbeatable82 wrote:

We're all uber excited for essentially the same reason - we don't know what McCoy's team is going to look like, and we badly want to see ASAP, ha ha.

If I could boil all of my wants for this first McCoy team down to one thing (which I can't, so I'll just pick the most important for me), it would be this.  I want to see a team that understands so well exactly what it is doing, it can play fast from play to play.  I DON'T want to see the opposite - a team so unsure from play to play that it is slowly walking to the huddles, s-l-o-w-l-y walking to the line, ssss-lllllll-oooooo-wwwww-lllllllll-yyyyyyy walking to and from the sideline, etc.

That is what I most want (and don't want) to see from this first McCoy team.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/18/2013 1:30 AM

RE: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


I'm not going to count Meachem out. If Rivers can throw the ball down-field better than he has recently then Meachem could be for Rivers what he was for Brees in New Orleans....a stretch the field option. And a good one.
Prospect I'm Championing is Jesse Hahn!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/19/2013 12:28 AM

RE: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 



ChargersWinII wrote: I'm not going to count Meachem out. If Rivers can throw the ball down-field better than he has recently then Meachem could be for Rivers what he was for Brees in New Orleans....a stretch the field option. And a good one.
Just no more drops thou ala Browns game last yr. He catches that perfect pass & more than likely we win that game. Just saying...
 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/19/2013 7:15 PM

RE: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


+1000. That was a dropped pass that I'll remember for years to come.
mauibolt wrote:
ChargersWinII wrote: I'm not going to count Meachem out. If Rivers can throw the ball down-field better than he has recently then Meachem could be for Rivers what he was for Brees in New Orleans....a stretch the field option. And a good one.
Just no more drops thou ala Browns game last yr. He catches that perfect pass & more than likely we win that game. Just saying...
Two words: Offensive Line!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/20/2013 5:22 AM

RE: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 



chargers4life wrote: +1000. That was a dropped pass that I'll remember for years to come.
mauibolt wrote:
ChargersWinII wrote: I'm not going to count Meachem out. If Rivers can throw the ball down-field better than he has recently then Meachem could be for Rivers what he was for Brees in New Orleans....a stretch the field option. And a good one.
Just no more drops thou ala Browns game last yr. He catches that perfect pass & more than likely we win that game. Just saying...
I can't forget all the times Philip under threw Meachem for an easy six.
Prospect I'm Championing is Jesse Hahn!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/20/2013 7:35 PM

RE: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


I hear ya! But that dropped pass from Meachem was unbelievable. It makes me wonder when I see something like that. Meachem's job is to catch footballs. That is what he spends all of his time practicing to do. Yet, he drops a simple pass. Makes me feel like he needs to find another profession.
ChargersWinII wrote:
I can't forget all the times Philip under threw Meachem for an easy six.
Two words: Offensive Line!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/22/2013 2:41 PM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 



mauibolt wrote:
yantha wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214487/art icle/keenan-allen-i-want-to-start-for-san-diego-ch argers

I love it when rookies are vocal about wanting to make an immediate impact.  I hope he can back it up with on field play.  We have some good WR's on the team, but since this is a new regime, I think that there are a few that could become the number one right now.

Floyd
Alexander
Brown
Allen
Meachem
Royal

Floyd has been number one
Alexander made a strong case in a shorter season
Brown could explode into this seaaon
Meachem could become the player he was in NO (really a number two but still)
Royal could be the slot

AND Allen?  It's not out of the question that he'll see many looks if he can gain chemistry with Rivers.
Hey Yantha buddy... I agree with your list except for Royal. I think De Palma beats him out when the dust settles. His ability to play the slot, return kicks, he's cheaper, his ability to stay healthy puts him on the 53 man roster. A solid camp & preseason will prove he's ready to get his shot. Pulling for this guy.
I know it's just a rumor. We all know how that works, but if this does happen http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/...al-be-released/ it's because of De Palma IMHO... Like I said before, we'll see
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/22/2013 3:20 PM

Re: Keenan Allen determined to be a starter 


Or, maui, they could choose to go with just 5 receivers, and use the extra roster spot elsewhere.

Of course, what will everyone do if they release Royal, and keep Goodman surprised?

---
"I've never been around a 24-year-old 12-year vet."

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >