Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Everybody hates us

  • Porkdiet
  • Broyles/Matthews
  • 6720 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 10:20 AM

Everybody hates us 


Auburn wins.  3-9 this year.  CBB stinks. Too tough of a schedule.  blah2blah2blah2We're supposed to listen to a guy named Booger. 3-9?

Sounds great to me. 10 wins this year.  Mark it down.  We make the playoffs.  ChickenDance.gif

Never Squealed!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 11:07 AM

Re: Everybody hates us 


Whoever Predicts 3-9 doesn't know squat about College Football.Arkansas Will win More than 3 Games this Season.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 11:18 AM

Re: Everybody hates us 


5 Wins minimum. Even though I can't look at the schedule and find all five . . . I think the law of averages means we should get some bounces this season . . .
Photo
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 11:52 AM

Re: Everybody hates us 


I hope we shock the world. I'm mixing the kook aid. WPdS

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:13 PM

Re: Everybody hates us 


I think "hates" is a strong term.  "Casually indifferent" is more like it.

That's fine.


Nothing but good can come when an opponent's eyes wander from the seemingly unthreatening obstacle immediately in its path.

Trip wire.

Boom.
"Someone once told me, 'Time is a flat circle.' Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again."
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:28 PM

Re: Everybody hates us 


Where did the Booger man play his college ball? McElroy? how about Tebow? We have almost ZERO representation in the media. They don't like us because we kicked their schools as*es when they least expect it. We are overachievers, after all, we are little ole` piss ant backasswards Arkansas. The forgotten state. We cant be any good.


I hope we surprise some folks and shut up some of these boneheads



GO HOGS! 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:40 PM

no..no they really do like...... 


the hogs. they are uk west right now. let an east team lose the hogs on their schedule for say lsu you will find out real quick they want the hogs.
the farther we get from things past the more revisionist history creeps in.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 2:13 PM

No one hates us, they do not respect us 


respect comes from winning.  3-9 is not winning.

But, .....new year, fans filled with hope..........I saying at least 7 wins/

Upset of Auburn would be good start
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't quit, don't quit, don't quit, if the STARS FALL FROM HEAVEN, DON'T QUIT"

 

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 3:28 PM

Re: No one hates us, they do not respect us 


Frankly, what do you expect the media to do? They do know what we did the last two years and until we win, they will not consider us very good.  That's okay with me, when we win, we will get respect, before we do, we don't deserve it. 

I personally feel that if we win 7 or 8 games, we are on our way back to getting respect, but you get that on the field not on TV or message boards.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 3:44 PM

Re: No one hates us, they do not respect us 


I thought I said that
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't quit, don't quit, don't quit, if the STARS FALL FROM HEAVEN, DON'T QUIT"

 

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 4:17 PM

Re: No one hates us, they do not respect us 


I was trying to answer the first post. Poor technique.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 4:37 PM

Re: Everybody hates us 


What are the reasons for them to give us any respect when ever school in the SEC and Rutgers beat our asz last year and the year before. We lost a coach they respected on the field and hired one that has steadily lost respect, both because of last years record and because they choose to make fun of his big mouth.

As has been stated million times, winning cures all. When we do that a few will still write hack pieces because that's all they can do.
I like FCJ so sue me!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 4:50 PM

Re: Everybody hates us 


Only among small minds and HUNH fans has our current coach lost any respect. It is wrong  to even use the word respect in the context of our former coach.  Our former coach never even crosses my mind unless somebody talks about him like he was our only hope for success.

Coach B will get his.  It may not be next Saturday or even this season, but he will get his.

I strongly disagree with fans that talk about Coach B as having a big mouth. Too worried about appearances.

hogfanwalkin wrote: What are the reasons for them to give us any respect when ever school in the SEC and Rutgers beat our asz last year and the year before. We lost a coach they respected on the field and hired one that has steadily lost respect, both because of last years record and because they choose to make fun of his big mouth.

As has been stated million times, winning cures all. When we do that a few will still write hack pieces because that's all they can do.
"Someone once told me, 'Time is a flat circle.' Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again."

Last edited 8/23/2014 6:05 PM by NostraHOGus

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 6:49 PM

Re: Everybody hates us 


NT
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 6:50 PM

Re: Everybody hates us 



Incorrect. He's losing fans because of his mouth. Those supporting him and defending him might need to reevaluate themselves. As an example I'll use his comments vs Nolan's.

In his first year here, Nolan faced far worse than CBB. Heck you love to point that out. Now let's look at that first year when Nolan was being treated so poorly by our fanbase. His comments to the fanbase. Just be patient and trust me. He was correct. Not negative and respectful.

CBB's first year, not near what Nolan experienced. His message to the fans: Fans just need to shut up, they don't know what they are talking about. That single statement made me decide he no longer deserved a chance.

We as Hawg fans went from two straight good teams and the core of those teams coming back to utter disappointment, to a guy who starts off bashing the fanbase. He's not doing himself any favors.



---------------------------------------------
--- NostraHOGus wrote:

Only among small minds and HUNH fans has our current coach lost any respect. It is wrong  to even use the word respect in the context of our former coach.  Our former coach never even crosses my mind unless somebody talks about him like he was our only hope for success.

Coach B will get his.  It may not be next Saturday or even this season, but he will get his.

I strongly disagree with fans that talk about Coach B as having a big mouth. Too worried about appearances.

hogfanwalkin wrote: What are the reasons for them to give us any respect when ever school in the SEC and Rutgers beat our asz last year and the year before. We lost a coach they respected on the field and hired one that has steadily lost respect, both because of last years record and because they choose to make fun of his big mouth.

As has been stated million times, winning cures all. When we do that a few will still write hack pieces because that's all they can do.


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 6:54 PM

Re: Everybody hates us 


There are a lot of small minds out there, just depends on who is talking about what. For instance a small mind would attack one sentence in a post and define that sentence as the point of the post. On top of that if you and I disagree on that point and you or are either correct or incorrect(which I find some of your points to be ) it really begs the question, who is the small mind.

In a hack piece like was the subject of this thread we are not talking about Razorback Fans and we are deffinantly not talking about CBB fans so your opinion about the respect for Petrino(as I said, ON the field) and CBB's big mouth are not relavant to my post.

I do not disagree with you however that CBB will get his.. whatever that turn out to be. Anyone claiming to know what that is would be guessing wouldn't you say? Besides there are a lot of things about Razorback Athletes and college sports that worry me more than I worry about CBB. I hope he and his big mouth kick butt for a lot of years and make us forget CBP ever existed.



---------------------------------------------
--- NostraHOGus wrote:

Only among small minds and HUNH fans has our current coach lost any respect. It is wrong  to even use the word respect in the context of our former coach.  Our former coach never even crosses my mind unless somebody talks about him like he was our only hope for success.

Coach B will get his.  It may not be next Saturday or even this season, but he will get his.

I strongly disagree with fans that talk about Coach B as having a big mouth. Too worried about appearances.

hogfanwalkin wrote: What are the reasons for them to give us any respect when ever school in the SEC and Rutgers beat our asz last year and the year before. We lost a coach they respected on the field and hired one that has steadily lost respect, both because of last years record and because they choose to make fun of his big mouth.

As has been stated million times, winning cures all. When we do that a few will still write hack pieces because that's all they can do.


---------------------------------------------
I like FCJ so sue me!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 9:55 PM

Re: Everybody hates us 


I think we will be improved but could still only win 3 or 4 games. This league is so stinking good

I live in nashville tn and my favorite talk show pundits had us winning 2 sec games (that's improvement) but losing to Texas tech and niu for a 4-8 finish.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 10:59 PM

Re: Everybody hates us 


I don't think any human being in the history of sports endured the tragedy and insults that Nolan experienced during his first three years at Arkansas (and it didn't all end at that point by the way).  He says the only reason he didn't quit was the memory of his daughter.  But what if he had quit?  What if we had missed out on that joy ride?  The same old miserable fans would have still been kicking around, looking for another horse owner to harass.

I'm tellin' ya' straight up.  It's fine to be frustrated with a coach and his methods, and it's fine to share those frustrations with fellow fans.  But those who are too quick to criticize the person who is actually in charge often represent impediments to positive performance, not inspirations. (See first paragraph)

I firmly believe that if you are not reminded of that, then you may interpret silence as evidence of assent and become more convinced of the accuracy of everything you say. You may grow more eager to convince others of your position.  What's the old saying about what it takes for evil to succeed?  That good men do nothing?

Now, I'm not saying you're evil and I'm good, but the weight of legitimate opinion is not on your side.  Coach Bielema is not losing fan support because of his mouth.  The people complaining about his mouth never supported him because they pine for something different.

I'd like to take a few fans who complain about his mouth and let them get up close and personal with some of the players that support him.  I doubt there would be much discussion of big mouths.  The only people talking about things like that should be Paul Finebaum and the other circus clowns who get paid to disrespect people. 


Nobody who has objectively observed the events of the past few years could possibly wonder why it is foolish to question the methods of a coach who showed up a year ago this past January.  Save your ammunition until you have something legitimate to complain about.

Wouldn't it be great if you were wrong and we had less evidence of it?  When Texas, Alabama, and Florida were administering blistering and epic beatings to the Hogs in Petrino's first year, you didn't see me complaining we would never win another game. I probably thought it, but I didn't say it.

"Oh, but you could see there was evidence of a plan."

If you can say you saw evidence of Petrino's plan during his first year and couldn't see similar evidence with Coach B last year, then you did not view the facts through the same eyes as you saw Petrino's first year.  If you did, you would see that we probably now have enough talent in place to play .500 football, which is about what BP left John L and a darn sight more than John L left Coach Bielema or HDN left BP.

 
bakedog19741 wrote:
Incorrect. He's losing fans because of his mouth. Those supporting him and defending him might need to reevaluate themselves. As an example I'll use his comments vs Nolan's.

In his first year here, Nolan faced far worse than CBB. Heck you love to point that out. Now let's look at that first year when Nolan was being treated so poorly by our fanbase. His comments to the fanbase. Just be patient and trust me. He was correct. Not negative and respectful.

CBB's first year, not near what Nolan experienced. His message to the fans: Fans just need to shut up, they don't know what they are talking about. That single statement made me decide he no longer deserved a chance.

We as Hawg fans went from two straight good teams and the core of those teams coming back to utter disappointment, to a guy who starts off bashing the fanbase. He's not doing himself any favors.



---------------------------------------------
--- NostraHOGus wrote:

Only among small minds and HUNH fans has our current coach lost any respect. It is wrong  to even use the word respect in the context of our former coach.  Our former coach never even crosses my mind unless somebody talks about him like he was our only hope for success.

Coach B will get his.  It may not be next Saturday or even this season, but he will get his.

I strongly disagree with fans that talk about Coach B as having a big mouth. Too worried about appearances.

hogfanwalkin wrote: What are the reasons for them to give us any respect when ever school in the SEC and Rutgers beat our asz last year and the year before. We lost a coach they respected on the field and hired one that has steadily lost respect, both because of last years record and because they choose to make fun of his big mouth.

As has been stated million times, winning cures all. When we do that a few will still write hack pieces because that's all they can do.


---------------------------------------------
"Someone once told me, 'Time is a flat circle.' Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again."
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 11:06 PM

Re: Everybody hates us 


My problem is the palpable and obvious dislike for the head coach by a small and vocal minority of our own fans and the absolute absence of legitimate justification for such strong feelings. I don't even see how folks who feel that way can celebrate a victory knowing that the despised leader might get some credit it for it. I'll never understand it.

I think a perfectly appopriate response to the OP would be "what do you expect, given our recent history?" That answer assumes that most people outside Arkansas don't give a rat's behind about Arkansas or its fans, and they never even pay attention unless we win.  That's probably a legitimate assumption.

It just rubs me the wrong way when our own fans agree with the circus clowns. It just seems unnecessary.

hogfanwalkin wrote: There are a lot of small minds out there, just depends on who is talking about what. For instance a small mind would attack one sentence in a post and define that sentence as the point of the post. On top of that if you and I disagree on that point and you or are either correct or incorrect(which I find some of your points to be ) it really begs the question, who is the small mind.

In a hack piece like was the subject of this thread we are not talking about Razorback Fans and we are deffinantly not talking about CBB fans so your opinion about the respect for Petrino(as I said, ON the field) and CBB's big mouth are not relavant to my post.

I do not disagree with you however that CBB will get his.. whatever that turn out to be. Anyone claiming to know what that is would be guessing wouldn't you say? Besides there are a lot of things about Razorback Athletes and college sports that worry me more than I worry about CBB. I hope he and his big mouth kick butt for a lot of years and make us forget CBP ever existed.



---------------------------------------------
--- NostraHOGus wrote:

Only among small minds and HUNH fans has our current coach lost any respect. It is wrong  to even use the word respect in the context of our former coach.  Our former coach never even crosses my mind unless somebody talks about him like he was our only hope for success.

Coach B will get his.  It may not be next Saturday or even this season, but he will get his.

I strongly disagree with fans that talk about Coach B as having a big mouth. Too worried about appearances.

hogfanwalkin wrote: What are the reasons for them to give us any respect when ever school in the SEC and Rutgers beat our asz last year and the year before. We lost a coach they respected on the field and hired one that has steadily lost respect, both because of last years record and because they choose to make fun of his big mouth.

As has been stated million times, winning cures all. When we do that a few will still write hack pieces because that's all they can do.


---------------------------------------------
"Someone once told me, 'Time is a flat circle.' Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again."

Last edited 8/23/2014 11:14 PM by NostraHOGus

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/24/2014 9:15 AM

Re: Everybody hates us 


So what's your excuse about Nutt? If the players support the coach why'd the fans want him gone? The ones that didn't like him left with Gus. So again a student athlete will back their coach. However, I'm not sure CBB backs his players. "The prior coaching staff left the cupboard bare." Then why are many of the bare cupboard starting over your recruits? Why talk trash to fans when they are frustrated you haven't won a game? Why attack the HUNH and say it is because of sickle cell and will ONLY effect a 300lb DLineman when it would affect anyone who plays sports? He's losing fans everyday. 1. Because he bashes them and 2. He talks out his arse. Glad you disagree but when he tanks again stay off my bandwagon.


Edit: Oh and I know that wasn't the end of Nolan's issues, and Nolan started firing back. My point is, his first year he understood frustration and didn't bash the fans when he actually had a very good reason to. CBB on the other hand started firing shots right off the bat, that's why the small vocal minority started talking. Heck, I was one of the few on here who said I didn't think he was the right coach, but he deserved a chance, but attacking your own fanbase, because you lost a game and the fans got upset, means he's a big crybaby. No matter how good he ever does here, he is worse than Nutt, Malzahn, Ford, Crowe combined. That alone is enough reason for him to go.

---------------------------------------------
--- NostraHOGus wrote:

I don't think any human being in the history of sports endured the tragedy and insults that Nolan experienced during his first three years at Arkansas (and it didn't all end at that point by the way).  He says the only reason he didn't quit was the memory of his daughter.  But what if he had quit?  What if we had missed out on that joy ride?  The same old miserable fans would have still been kicking around, looking for another horse owner to harass.

I'm tellin' ya' straight up.  It's fine to be frustrated with a coach and his methods, and it's fine to share those frustrations with fellow fans.  But those who are too quick to criticize the person who is actually in charge often represent impediments to positive performance, not inspirations. (See first paragraph)

I firmly believe that if you are not reminded of that, then you may interpret silence as evidence of assent and become more convinced of the accuracy of everything you say. You may grow more eager to convince others of your position.  What's the old saying about what it takes for evil to succeed?  That good men do nothing?

Now, I'm not saying you're evil and I'm good, but the weight of legitimate opinion is not on your side.  Coach Bielema is not losing fan support because of his mouth.  The people complaining about his mouth never supported him because they pine for something different.

I'd like to take a few fans who complain about his mouth and let them get up close and personal with some of the players that support him.  I doubt there would be much discussion of big mouths.  The only people talking about things like that should be Paul Finebaum and the other circus clowns who get paid to disrespect people. 


Nobody who has objectively observed the events of the past few years could possibly wonder why it is foolish to question the methods of a coach who showed up a year ago this past January.  Save your ammunition until you have something legitimate to complain about.

Wouldn't it be great if you were wrong and we had less evidence of it?  When Texas, Alabama, and Florida were administering blistering and epic beatings to the Hogs in Petrino's first year, you didn't see me complaining we would never win another game. I probably thought it, but I didn't say it.

"Oh, but you could see there was evidence of a plan."

If you can say you saw evidence of Petrino's plan during his first year and couldn't see similar evidence with Coach B last year, then you did not view the facts through the same eyes as you saw Petrino's first year.  If you did, you would see that we probably now have enough talent in place to play .500 football, which is about what BP left John L and a darn sight more than John L left Coach Bielema or HDN left BP.

 
bakedog19741 wrote:
Incorrect. He's losing fans because of his mouth. Those supporting him and defending him might need to reevaluate themselves. As an example I'll use his comments vs Nolan's.

In his first year here, Nolan faced far worse than CBB. Heck you love to point that out. Now let's look at that first year when Nolan was being treated so poorly by our fanbase. His comments to the fanbase. Just be patient and trust me. He was correct. Not negative and respectful.

CBB's first year, not near what Nolan experienced. His message to the fans: Fans just need to shut up, they don't know what they are talking about. That single statement made me decide he no longer deserved a chance.

We as Hawg fans went from two straight good teams and the core of those teams coming back to utter disappointment, to a guy who starts off bashing the fanbase. He's not doing himself any favors.



---------------------------------------------
--- NostraHOGus wrote:

Only among small minds and HUNH fans has our current coach lost any respect. It is wrong  to even use the word respect in the context of our former coach.  Our former coach never even crosses my mind unless somebody talks about him like he was our only hope for success.

Coach B will get his.  It may not be next Saturday or even this season, but he will get his.

I strongly disagree with fans that talk about Coach B as having a big mouth. Too worried about appearances.

hogfanwalkin wrote: What are the reasons for them to give us any respect when ever school in the SEC and Rutgers beat our asz last year and the year before. We lost a coach they respected on the field and hired one that has steadily lost respect, both because of last years record and because they choose to make fun of his big mouth.

As has been stated million times, winning cures all. When we do that a few will still write hack pieces because that's all they can do.


---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------

Last edited 8/24/2014 9:22 AM by bakedog19741

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >