Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Most improved Hog player

Posted: 8/14/2014 11:54 AM

Most improved Hog player 


Well, too early to know.  However,....

I think Brandon Allen will be the most improved player this year.  I am convinced this kid can play. Last year he had a terrible year.  Gamely playing because he was needed.  But hurt and could not throw as needed.

But, he is healthy. He says stronger than ever.  He has had a year to grasp the system.

Who do you think could be our most improved player this year?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't quit, don't quit, don't quit, if the STARS FALL FROM HEAVEN, DON'T QUIT"

 

 

Last edited 8/14/2014 11:55 AM by LanceA

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/14/2014 11:56 AM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


I think from what I have been hearing, it could be Henson.  He apparently is booming his kicks and could actually beat Hedlund for the position, which in my opinion would be going from nowhere to the top.  He could end up winning us a few games with late kicks this year...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:11 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 



JAZD04 wrote: I think from what I have been hearing, it could be Henson.  He apparently is booming his kicks and could actually beat Hedlund for the position, which in my opinion would be going from nowhere to the top.  He could end up winning us a few games with late kicks this year...
I am pulling for Henson in the kicking contest. I have a lot of respect for him sticking it out for three years behind Hocker.
Defense is superior to opulence -- Adam Smith
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:48 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


If B Allen is not the most improved, it could a long year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:13 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


Linebackers,D backs and Safeties have a lot of improvement to go as well!!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:52 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


As a group, yes.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 2:07 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 



Tevin Mitchel, according to CBB and staff, the three most improved players are Mitchel, Collins (DB not Budda), and Hines. I really hope it shows for TM. Going into his SO year he was considered the #10 CB in the nation. If you remember Claiborne, Honey Badger, and a few others were still playing that year. I want this kid to prove he is that good.

I'm cautious about BA, because of last Saturday's scrimmage:
BA 12-22 for 191
AA 15-19 for 190
Peavey 8-10 for 59.

Doesn't look like he's leaps and bounds better than the other two by the numbers. JMO

---------------------------------------------
--- LanceA wrote:

Well, too early to know.  However,....

I think Brandon Allen will be the most improved player this year.  I am convinced this kid can play. Last year he had a terrible year.  Gamely playing because he was needed.  But hurt and could not throw as needed.

But, he is healthy. He says stronger than ever.  He has had a year to grasp the system.

Who do you think could be our most improved player this year?


---------------------------------------------

Last edited 8/14/2014 2:12 PM by bakedog19741

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 2:44 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 





---------------------------------------------
--- EuroHog wrote:

As a group, yes.

---------------------------------------------

As a group would be great!! I was thinking one of the individuals stepping up an having an all SEC year.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 7:54 AM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


I am hoping to agree with all the above. If that is the case we are in for good, hopefully great year.

ONE OF THESE DAYS ALICE-POW!-RIGHT IN THE KISSER.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 9:16 AM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


Stats can be deceiving...12-11, 191, to me isn't that bad.  Did he play the entire scrimmage, was he with the first team the entire scrimmage?  You guys probably know better than me, I dont' get a chance to follow evertyhing, but I would at least ask those questions before I talk about stats.  Also, to me the biggest stat will be his TD/TO ratio; last year he had 13 TDs and 10 Ints...that's where we need improvement.
bakedog19741 wrote:
Tevin Mitchel, according to CBB and staff, the three most improved players are Mitchel, Collins (DB not Budda), and Hines. I really hope it shows for TM. Going into his SO year he was considered the #10 CB in the nation. If you remember Claiborne, Honey Badger, and a few others were still playing that year. I want this kid to prove he is that good.

I'm cautious about BA, because of last Saturday's scrimmage:
BA 12-22 for 191
AA 15-19 for 190
Peavey 8-10 for 59.

Doesn't look like he's leaps and bounds better than the other two by the numbers. JMO

---------------------------------------------
--- LanceA wrote:

Well, too early to know.  However,....

I think Brandon Allen will be the most improved player this year.  I am convinced this kid can play. Last year he had a terrible year.  Gamely playing because he was needed.  But hurt and could not throw as needed.

But, he is healthy. He says stronger than ever.  He has had a year to grasp the system.

Who do you think could be our most improved player this year?


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 9:44 AM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


I agree numbers can be deceiving, but a QB that is supposed to be leaps and bounds ahead of his backups shouldn't be 12-22 (54.5%). He was around 45% last year so I guess he improved a little. However AA was 15-19 (78.9%) and Peavey was 8-10 (80%). To me, if he's leaps and bounds ahead, it should have some kind of tale in the #'s. Don't see it. Maybe SAT's scrimmage will be better for him.

For those of you that can't seem to grasp what I'm saying, if he was hurt last year and that caused his low completion rate, he still could be hurt, or I'm correct and he's just not that good. I'm sure we will know for sure in about 2 weeks.


---------------------------------------------
--- davidaleshire wrote:

Stats can be deceiving...12-11, 191, to me isn't that bad.  Did he play the entire scrimmage, was he with the first team the entire scrimmage?  You guys probably know better than me, I dont' get a chance to follow evertyhing, but I would at least ask those questions before I talk about stats.  Also, to me the biggest stat will be his TD/TO ratio; last year he had 13 TDs and 10 Ints...that's where we need improvement.
bakedog19741 wrote:
Tevin Mitchel, according to CBB and staff, the three most improved players are Mitchel, Collins (DB not Budda), and Hines. I really hope it shows for TM. Going into his SO year he was considered the #10 CB in the nation. If you remember Claiborne, Honey Badger, and a few others were still playing that year. I want this kid to prove he is that good.

I'm cautious about BA, because of last Saturday's scrimmage:
BA 12-22 for 191
AA 15-19 for 190
Peavey 8-10 for 59.

Doesn't look like he's leaps and bounds better than the other two by the numbers. JMO

---------------------------------------------
--- LanceA wrote:

Well, too early to know.  However,....

I think Brandon Allen will be the most improved player this year.  I am convinced this kid can play. Last year he had a terrible year.  Gamely playing because he was needed.  But hurt and could not throw as needed.

But, he is healthy. He says stronger than ever.  He has had a year to grasp the system.

Who do you think could be our most improved player this year?


---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 10:27 AM

Re: Most improved Hog player 



bakedog19741 wrote: I agree numbers can be deceiving, but a QB that is supposed to be leaps and bounds ahead of his backups shouldn't be 12-22 (54.5%). He was around 45% last year so I guess he improved a little. However AA was 15-19 (78.9%) and Peavey was 8-10 (80%). To me, if he's leaps and bounds ahead, it should have some kind of tale in the #'s. Don't see it. Maybe SAT's scrimmage will be better for him.

For those of you that can't seem to grasp what I'm saying, if he was hurt last year and that caused his low completion rate, he still could be hurt, or I'm correct and he's just not that good. I'm sure we will know for sure in about 2 weeks.


---------------------------------------------
--- davidaleshire wrote:

Stats can be deceiving...12-11, 191, to me isn't that bad.  Did he play the entire scrimmage, was he with the first team the entire scrimmage?  You guys probably know better than me, I dont' get a chance to follow evertyhing, but I would at least ask those questions before I talk about stats.  Also, to me the biggest stat will be his TD/TO ratio; last year he had 13 TDs and 10 Ints...that's where we need improvement.
bakedog19741 wrote:
Tevin Mitchel, according to CBB and staff, the three most improved players are Mitchel, Collins (DB not Budda), and Hines. I really hope it shows for TM. Going into his SO year he was considered the #10 CB in the nation. If you remember Claiborne, Honey Badger, and a few others were still playing that year. I want this kid to prove he is that good.

I'm cautious about BA, because of last Saturday's scrimmage:
BA 12-22 for 191
AA 15-19 for 190
Peavey 8-10 for 59.

Doesn't look like he's leaps and bounds better than the other two by the numbers. JMO

---------------------------------------------
--- LanceA wrote:

Well, too early to know.  However,....

I think Brandon Allen will be the most improved player this year.  I am convinced this kid can play. Last year he had a terrible year.  Gamely playing because he was needed.  But hurt and could not throw as needed.

But, he is healthy. He says stronger than ever.  He has had a year to grasp the system.

Who do you think could be our most improved player this year?


---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------
CBB has never stated that he's leaps and bounds ahead of the others in talent; has he?  I know he has stated that he's leaps and bounds ahead in leadership.  12-22 against first team D may not be that bad - how many were throw away passes because WRs did not get open and line couldn't hold up?  how many were drops? did he have the whole playbook and the others only have part of it? Did they play 2nd and 3rd string? etc etc.   Glad to see what the other guys did well.
"It has been said that as goes the family, so goes the world. It can also be said that as goes the father, so goes the family.” Voddie Baucham
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 10:32 AM

Re: Most improved Hog player 



bakedog19741 wrote:
Tevin Mitchel
---------------------------------------------

I agree - assuming his injury is not too serious.  He's not playing the first 2 games; right?

I think the biggest improvement may be in Marshall.  In fact, I expect all 3 RBs to look even better than last year. 

"It has been said that as goes the family, so goes the world. It can also be said that as goes the father, so goes the family.” Voddie Baucham
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 12:53 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


Agreed.  We won't really know until the season starts.  Right now, I'm going off:  extra full year under his belt, better receivers, more experienced TE, better offensive line.  All of this should help him, but as you said, we'll find out in about 2 weeks, I just hope I'm right! wink
bakedog19741 wrote: I agree numbers can be deceiving, but a QB that is supposed to be leaps and bounds ahead of his backups shouldn't be 12-22 (54.5%). He was around 45% last year so I guess he improved a little. However AA was 15-19 (78.9%) and Peavey was 8-10 (80%). To me, if he's leaps and bounds ahead, it should have some kind of tale in the #'s. Don't see it. Maybe SAT's scrimmage will be better for him.

For those of you that can't seem to grasp what I'm saying, if he was hurt last year and that caused his low completion rate, he still could be hurt, or I'm correct and he's just not that good. I'm sure we will know for sure in about 2 weeks.


---------------------------------------------
--- davidaleshire wrote:

Stats can be deceiving...12-11, 191, to me isn't that bad.  Did he play the entire scrimmage, was he with the first team the entire scrimmage?  You guys probably know better than me, I dont' get a chance to follow evertyhing, but I would at least ask those questions before I talk about stats.  Also, to me the biggest stat will be his TD/TO ratio; last year he had 13 TDs and 10 Ints...that's where we need improvement.
bakedog19741 wrote:
Tevin Mitchel, according to CBB and staff, the three most improved players are Mitchel, Collins (DB not Budda), and Hines. I really hope it shows for TM. Going into his SO year he was considered the #10 CB in the nation. If you remember Claiborne, Honey Badger, and a few others were still playing that year. I want this kid to prove he is that good.

I'm cautious about BA, because of last Saturday's scrimmage:
BA 12-22 for 191
AA 15-19 for 190
Peavey 8-10 for 59.

Doesn't look like he's leaps and bounds better than the other two by the numbers. JMO

---------------------------------------------
--- LanceA wrote:

Well, too early to know.  However,....

I think Brandon Allen will be the most improved player this year.  I am convinced this kid can play. Last year he had a terrible year.  Gamely playing because he was needed.  But hurt and could not throw as needed.

But, he is healthy. He says stronger than ever.  He has had a year to grasp the system.

Who do you think could be our most improved player this year?


---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 2:39 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


Has anyone ever had three 1,000-yard rushers in the same season? Is that even possible?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 2:47 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


We need BA to be the mist improved, I can't honestly say I beleive he is at thus point for I honestly don't know. Scrimmaging against a sub-par D isn't an adequate way to grade his progress. Once they put the bucket on and play the game we'll find out.

BHH,
Where I come from, you wear your team colors when supporting your team.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 4:11 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 


1 throw away, 3 dropped passes. AA had a dropped pass and one throw away. And Peavey had a drop. So that takes him to 70% and the other two to 90%. As for first team if there is more first team receivers dropping passes than on second and third team maybe the wrong receivers are on first string.


---------------------------------------------
--- broeric wrote:


bakedog19741 wrote: I agree numbers can be deceiving, but a QB that is supposed to be leaps and bounds ahead of his backups shouldn't be 12-22 (54.5%). He was around 45% last year so I guess he improved a little. However AA was 15-19 (78.9%) and Peavey was 8-10 (80%). To me, if he's leaps and bounds ahead, it should have some kind of tale in the #'s. Don't see it. Maybe SAT's scrimmage will be better for him.

For those of you that can't seem to grasp what I'm saying, if he was hurt last year and that caused his low completion rate, he still could be hurt, or I'm correct and he's just not that good. I'm sure we will know for sure in about 2 weeks.


---------------------------------------------
--- davidaleshire wrote:

Stats can be deceiving...12-11, 191, to me isn't that bad.  Did he play the entire scrimmage, was he with the first team the entire scrimmage?  You guys probably know better than me, I dont' get a chance to follow evertyhing, but I would at least ask those questions before I talk about stats.  Also, to me the biggest stat will be his TD/TO ratio; last year he had 13 TDs and 10 Ints...that's where we need improvement.
bakedog19741 wrote:
Tevin Mitchel, according to CBB and staff, the three most improved players are Mitchel, Collins (DB not Budda), and Hines. I really hope it shows for TM. Going into his SO year he was considered the #10 CB in the nation. If you remember Claiborne, Honey Badger, and a few others were still playing that year. I want this kid to prove he is that good.

I'm cautious about BA, because of last Saturday's scrimmage:
BA 12-22 for 191
AA 15-19 for 190
Peavey 8-10 for 59.

Doesn't look like he's leaps and bounds better than the other two by the numbers. JMO

---------------------------------------------
--- LanceA wrote:

Well, too early to know.  However,....

I think Brandon Allen will be the most improved player this year.  I am convinced this kid can play. Last year he had a terrible year.  Gamely playing because he was needed.  But hurt and could not throw as needed.

But, he is healthy. He says stronger than ever.  He has had a year to grasp the system.

Who do you think could be our most improved player this year?


---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------
CBB has never stated that he's leaps and bounds ahead of the others in talent; has he?  I know he has stated that he's leaps and bounds ahead in leadership.  12-22 against first team D may not be that bad - how many were throw away passes because WRs did not get open and line couldn't hold up?  how many were drops? did he have the whole playbook and the others only have part of it? Did they play 2nd and 3rd string? etc etc.   Glad to see what the other guys did well.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 4:15 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 



Marshall's a freak. Hopefully he proves it every game. Someone said three 1,000 yard rushers. I'd settle for 1, a 4,000 yd passer, 2-1,000 yd receivers and a big year from HH. If we can get all the and two more 1,000 yard rushers well, the 3-9 many "expert" are predicting definately won happen. (I still say 6-6 without improvement, if there is improvement maybe 8 wins or better.

---------------------------------------------
--- broeric wrote:


bakedog19741 wrote:
Tevin Mitchel
---------------------------------------------
I agree - assuming his injury is not too serious.  He's not playing the first 2 games; right?

I think the biggest improvement may be in Marshall.  In fact, I expect all 3 RBs to look even better than last year. 



---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 4:59 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 



bakedog19741 wrote: 1 throw away, 3 dropped passes. AA had a dropped pass and one throw away. And Peavey had a drop. So that takes him to 70% and the other two to 90%. As for first team if there is more first team receivers dropping passes than on second and third team maybe the wrong receivers are on first string.
Was he with the first team? Or was it a mix?  Cause you're correct if it was first team.
"It has been said that as goes the family, so goes the world. It can also be said that as goes the father, so goes the family.” Voddie Baucham
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 5:00 PM

Re: Most improved Hog player 



EuroHog wrote: Has anyone ever had three 1,000-yard rushers in the same season? Is that even possible?
I'd love to see it.
"It has been said that as goes the family, so goes the world. It can also be said that as goes the father, so goes the family.” Voddie Baucham
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >