Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game

Posted: 8/13/2014 12:33 PM

Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 


I saw this on another forum, and thought I'd share here. It's a five part article on why Auburn should worry about the Hogs.

http://flywareagle.com/2014/08/06/5-reasons-auburn -worry-arkansas-part-5/

WooPig

Last edited 8/13/2014 12:34 PM by MontanaHog

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/13/2014 1:10 PM

Re: Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 


Thanks for sharing!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/13/2014 1:30 PM

Re: Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 


Sure thing. Parts 3 and 4 are the best, in my opinion - but all are worth a read. Not bad for an Auburn fan site, I guess.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/13/2014 2:16 PM

Re: Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 



Reason 4 is an outright lie. The rest I'll agree with.

---------------------------------------------
--- MontanaHog wrote:

Sure thing. Parts 3 and 4 are the best, in my opinion - but all are worth a read. Not bad for an Auburn fan site, I guess.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/13/2014 2:20 PM

Re: Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 


Good read and it reminds me why I don't want Brandon Allen to get hurt!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/13/2014 2:20 PM

Re: Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 


Thought all were very complimentary.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/13/2014 2:31 PM

Re: Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 



bakedog19741 wrote:
Reason 4 is an outright lie. The rest I'll agree with.

---------------------------------------------
--- MontanaHog wrote:

Sure thing. Parts 3 and 4 are the best, in my opinion - but all are worth a read. Not bad for an Auburn fan site, I guess.

---------------------------------------------
Haha, I don't think I would call it a lie. CBB will get this thing headed in the right direction. I think we'll see big improvement this year - starting with the first game.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/13/2014 2:35 PM

Re: Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 


Here's another article from the same site where they do a Q and A with an Arkansas site writer.

http://flywareagle.com/2014/08...r-josh-goforth/

There's some pretty decent stuff there too, and the guy that answers the questions has done some pretty good stuff at arkansasfight if you're into X's and O's stuff.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/13/2014 4:14 PM

CBB is a really good coach 


Arkansas improved all year last year.  They were so bad he had to install a whole system.  That is slow and a lot of work.

One thing about it, by the time we play Bama we will know for sure how good of a coach he is.  I am not even saying we have  to beat Bama, they are a heck of a team, but we have to play with class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't quit, don't quit, don't quit, if the STARS FALL FROM HEAVEN, DON'T QUIT"

 

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/13/2014 4:28 PM

Re: CBB is a really good coach 


No he's not. You were one of the ones saying a monkey could've done better than JLS. Well 4-8 vs 3-9 and no conference wins. Right now JLS was better.

Played with class last year, we were just outmatched.


---------------------------------------------
--- LanceA wrote:

Arkansas improved all year last year.  They were so bad he had to install a whole system.  That is slow and a lot of work.

One thing about it, by the time we play Bama we will know for sure how good of a coach he is.  I am not even saying we have  to beat Bama, they are a heck of a team, but we have to play with class.

---------------------------------------------

Last edited 8/13/2014 4:29 PM by bakedog19741

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/13/2014 8:05 PM

Re: CBB is a really good coach 


Pel had a better record 1 year than a certain year for coach K, so using your logic Pel is a better coach..........eek1
bakedog19741 wrote: No he's not. You were one of the ones saying a monkey could've done better than JLS. Well 4-8 vs 3-9 and no conference wins. Right now JLS was better.

Played with class last year, we were just outmatched.


Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/13/2014 9:28 PM

Re: CBB is a really good coach 


Nope, your using the logic called talking out your arse as usual. When CBB does something worthwhile, like actually winning an SEC game then you can talk. Until then JLS has won a SEC game so he's better. So go cry in the corner and tell all your friends how mean I am. Then when CBB tosses another 0fer again this year don't say a word because he's the greatest coach in history (according to you). He will NEVER succeed here. NEVER, wrong style, no clue about QB's, no respect for our fanbase and traditions, and no Barry Alvarez to call his plays for him.


---------------------------------------------
--- bocephus5 wrote:

Pel had a better record 1 year than a certain year for coach K, so using your logic Pel is a better coach..........eek1
bakedog19741 wrote: No he's not. You were one of the ones saying a monkey could've done better than JLS. Well 4-8 vs 3-9 and no conference wins. Right now JLS was better.

Played with class last year, we were just outmatched.




---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:16 AM

Re: CBB is a really good coach 


Love that you call yourself a hog fan bake. At every turn you are trying to downgrade the hogs. Good job.
bakedog19741 wrote: Nope, your using the logic called talking out your arse as usual. When CBB does something worthwhile, like actually winning an SEC game then you can talk. Until then JLS has won a SEC game so he's better. So go cry in the corner and tell all your friends how mean I am. Then when CBB tosses another 0fer again this year don't say a word because he's the greatest coach in history (according to you). He will NEVER succeed here. NEVER, wrong style, no clue about QB's, no respect for our fanbase and traditions, and no Barry Alvarez to call his plays for him.


---------------------------------------------
--- bocephus5 wrote:

Pel had a better record 1 year than a certain year for coach K, so using your logic Pel is a better coach..........eek1
bakedog19741 wrote: No he's not. You were one of the ones saying a monkey could've done better than JLS. Well 4-8 vs 3-9 and no conference wins. Right now JLS was better.

Played with class last year, we were just outmatched.




---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:38 AM

Re: Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 


Both articles were good reads and good insight for both programs. Shows a common respect from each program to the other. Lets just play the 1st game and squash the bashing amongst us.


THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF  -  FDR

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 7:10 AM

Re: CBB is a really good coach 


Actually we've proved your not on here several times so slog back to your pink puppy board and stay out of Hawg fan conversations.


---------------------------------------------
--- byates21 wrote:

Love that you call yourself a hog fan bake. At every turn you are trying to downgrade the hogs. Good job.
bakedog19741 wrote: Nope, your using the logic called talking out your arse as usual. When CBB does something worthwhile, like actually winning an SEC game then you can talk. Until then JLS has won a SEC game so he's better. So go cry in the corner and tell all your friends how mean I am. Then when CBB tosses another 0fer again this year don't say a word because he's the greatest coach in history (according to you). He will NEVER succeed here. NEVER, wrong style, no clue about QB's, no respect for our fanbase and traditions, and no Barry Alvarez to call his plays for him.


---------------------------------------------
--- bocephus5 wrote:

Pel had a better record 1 year than a certain year for coach K, so using your logic Pel is a better coach..........eek1
bakedog19741 wrote: No he's not. You were one of the ones saying a monkey could've done better than JLS. Well 4-8 vs 3-9 and no conference wins. Right now JLS was better.

Played with class last year, we were just outmatched.




---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 7:23 AM

Re: CBB is a really good coach 


Ok, we get it.  You hate the coach.  The angry accusations based on supposition and not fact made ad nauseam bear that out.  BTW, posting an opinion of a self-proclaimed expert or group of experts and following the post with the word "fact" does not make it fact.  Since you invoked Barry Alvarez, here is some fact.  In my opinion, he was not successful at Wisconsin until year 4, but then trended down again in years 5-8.  I also watched him coach his last Rose Bowl, and was not impressed with the play calling.  If I invoke your earlier argument proclaiming JLS as a better coach than CBB based on one year when JLS didn't have to follow CBP and then himself, I would rank the three coaches as follows.

1.  JLS
2.  CBB
3. CBA

I just can't wrap my mind around that analysis.

Coaching Record

glossary  · shareshare [x]  · embed  · csv  · export  · pre  · link  · ?
year school g w l t pct srs sos ap pre ap high ap post bowl noteswisconsin 196 117 75 4 .607 7.52 3.58 w-l-t adjusted to 118-74-4 by ncaa.
1990wisconsin111100.091-6.736.00
1991wisconsin11560.455-2.86-1.50
1992wisconsin11560.4552.341.89
1993wisconsin121011.87516.714.3066rose bowl-w
1994wisconsin12741.62510.505.671010hall of fame bowl-ww-l-t adjusted to 8-3-1 by ncaa.
1995wisconsin11452.4558.129.942121
1996wisconsin13850.6158.992.07copper bowl-w
1997wisconsin13850.6151.661.582423outback bowl-l
1998wisconsin121110.91716.451.782066rose bowl-w
1999wisconsin121020.83314.880.881044rose bowl-w
2000wisconsin13940.6929.654.424423sun bowl-w
2001wisconsin12570.4172.915.332222
2002wisconsin14860.5718.554.772519alamo bowl-w
2003wisconsin13760.5386.444.212114music city bowl-l
2004wisconsin12930.7508.692.3521417outback bowl-l
2005wisconsin131030.76911.814.191415capital one bowl-w
2012wisconsin1010.0009.772.911212rose bowl-l
 
bakedog19741 wrote: nope, your using the logic called talking out your arse as usual. when cbb does something worthwhile, like actually winning an sec game then you can talk. until then jls has won a sec game so he's better. so go cry in the corner and tell all your friends how mean i am. then when cbb tosses another 0fer again this year don't say a word because he's the greatest coach in history (according to you). he will never succeed here. never, wrong style, no clue about qb's, no respect for our fanbase and traditions, and no barry alvarez to call his plays for him.


---------------------------------------------
--- bocephus5 wrote:

Pel had a better record 1 year than a certain year for coach K, so using your logic Pel is a better coach..........eek1
bakedog19741 wrote: No he's not. You were one of the ones saying a monkey could've done better than JLS. Well 4-8 vs 3-9 and no conference wins. Right now JLS was better.

Played with class last year, we were just outmatched.




---------------------------------------------

Last edited 8/14/2014 7:29 AM by MultipleScoreGasms

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 11:30 AM

Re: CBB is a really good coach 


I did not say a monkey was better coach than anybody.  That said, JLS was not able to control his team.

The good thing about this rant you have is that facts matter.  When CBB proves you wrong, I hope you will man up and admit you are wrong. 

The so called so-called experts say 7 wins will be a great year for the Hogs.  Then that will be proof today..

What did CBB do to you.  You spew venom against him.  Did he drive over your foot?  You are obsessed over him.

This depression is not good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't quit, don't quit, don't quit, if the STARS FALL FROM HEAVEN, DON'T QUIT"

 

 

Last edited 8/14/2014 11:33 AM by LanceA

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:30 PM

Re: CBB is a really good coach 


First and foremost, i am and always will be a razorback fan first. I don't have to explain myself to you or anybody else on that matter because I know that for a fact myself.  Secondly, yes I support ASU because I live in Jonesboro and its good to see the local school succeeding. Again, I don't have to explain myself to you or anybody else. Thirdly, no self-respecting Razorback fan would wish ill upon their school simply because they do not like the coach. They would support the team regardless. The situation we are in is NOT  CBBs fault. He has had 1 year to run this team. We had several wins last year that should have been wins, but due to injuries beyond our control the team wasn't playing full speed. If he does not improve this year I and I'm sure the rest of the board will bow to the almighty and let you gloat with the "i told you so's," but if he and CMA both do extremely well (CBB at least 6 to 7 wins, CMA 2nd round of NCAA) then i hope you will shut up about how bad the hogs suck and actually support your team for once.
bakedog19741 wrote: Actually we've proved your not on here several times so slog back to your pink puppy board and stay out of Hawg fan conversations.

---------------------------------------------
--- byates21 wrote:

Love that you call yourself a hog fan bake. At every turn you are trying to downgrade the hogs. Good job.
bakedog19741 wrote: Nope, your using the logic called talking out your arse as usual. When CBB does something worthwhile, like actually winning an SEC game then you can talk. Until then JLS has won a SEC game so he's better. So go cry in the corner and tell all your friends how mean I am. Then when CBB tosses another 0fer again this year don't say a word because he's the greatest coach in history (according to you). He will NEVER succeed here. NEVER, wrong style, no clue about QB's, no respect for our fanbase and traditions, and no Barry Alvarez to call his plays for him.


---------------------------------------------
--- bocephus5 wrote:

Pel had a better record 1 year than a certain year for coach K, so using your logic Pel is a better coach..........eek1
bakedog19741 wrote: No he's not. You were one of the ones saying a monkey could've done better than JLS. Well 4-8 vs 3-9 and no conference wins. Right now JLS was better.

Played with class last year, we were just outmatched.




---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------

 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/16/2014 1:54 PM

Re: Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 


im an auburn fan and ever since 2006 the arky game has always scared me we could have one of our best teams and yall one of your worst and i'd still be nervous as a freakin cat
"There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights" - Bram Stoker, Dracula
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls070816007/
"TOUCHDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN AUBURN"
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/16/2014 2:14 PM

Re: Interesting Read on the Upcoming Auburn-Arkansas Game 



Even though the won't admit it, those other Tiger's get nervous when they play AR too

---------------------------------------------
--- headlesstiger wrote:

im an auburn fan and ever since 2006 the arky game has always scared me we could have one of our best teams and yall one of your worst and i'd still be nervous as a freakin cat

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >