Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Is our HFBC a whiner?

Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 12:39 PM

Is our HFBC a whiner? 


He whined about HUNH. Now he's whining about this. Comeonman. Just recruit and coach.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arka...a-jabs-alabama/

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 12:56 PM

Re: Is our HFBC a whiner? 


Yeah I like him as our HC but he's a bit of a whiner . . . can't pass up a mic . . . he'll learn that familiarity breeds contempt. Or he won't, but that's up to him.
Keep a light on . . . 
(In honor of "Fifty")
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 1:24 PM

Re: Is our HFBC a whiner? 


If it's true, I have no problem with it.  I like the fact that he isn't intimidated.  I hope that grows on the entire team in a big way going forward.  If Bama is getting away with rules exceptions the NCAA doesn't extend to other schools, both organizations need to be called out on it.  If they don't like it, they can stop cheating.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 2:04 PM

Re: Is our HFBC a whiner? 


That is not whining. That is calling for an even playing field.

Bama is apparently not required to follow the rules.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 2:12 PM

Re: Is our HFBC a whiner? 


What the hey...bama gets everything else they want. Why not give them one day in the dead period to recruit? They are football royalty. You ought to know that. Don't mess with Texas....or Alabama....or Notre Dame.
___________________
Been there, done that.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 2:18 PM

Re: Is our HFBC a whiner? 


I have to admit that, at times, he comes across as one.   But then again, I have no problem with Bama being called out for special privileges.  Not like they need them.

Go Hogs.
Reply | Quote
  • slowBOB
  • Big Red
  • 318 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 2:52 PM

Re: Is our HFBC a whiner? 


he not a winner yet.  maybe next year
hes a brat
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 3:45 PM

Re: Is our HFBC a whiner? 


I thought those were all good remarks.

I liked the comments from SEC fans, hating on him. All the other SEC teams' fans just loved Nutt, if you'll remember. They didn't like Petrino. I see an nice r-squared number  there.
Defense is superior to opulence -- Adam Smith
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 4:50 PM

Who is the bigger whiner? 


The one being called a whiner or the ones that whine that someone else is one?

Keep a light on some patrols are still out! tribute to Over50Hog

Last edited 7/23/2014 4:57 PM by RamblinRazorWreck

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 4:57 PM

Re: Is our HFBC a whiner? 


I think he was right in this case.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 5:30 PM

Re: Who is the bigger whiner? 




The one being called the whiner. Win an SEC game or two before you start complaining about other programs. Just looks weak.
---------------------------------------------
--- RamblinRazorWreck wrote:

The one being called a whiner or the ones that whine that someone else is one?

---------------------------------------------

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 5:47 PM

Re: Who is the bigger whiner? 


That's pretty much the consensus from college football (fans and other teams), only ones that are supporting is our fanbase, even the other SEC fans that should be on board with this being unfair are agreeing with exactly what you said. As I've said before, Jeff Long please hire this guy an image consultant that can shut him up or at least make him sound like a winner not a whiner.


---------------------------------------------
--- HogLaw91 wrote:



The one being called the whiner. Win an SEC game or two before you start complaining about other programs. Just looks weak.
---------------------------------------------
--- RamblinRazorWreck wrote:

The one being called a whiner or the ones that whine that someone else is one?

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 5:58 PM

Re: Who is the bigger whiner? 


If he had a 10-2 season last year none of this would even be an issue. He has some valid points. I just don't get the reasoning behind people wanting to bash other people.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 6:08 PM

Re: Who is the bigger whiner? 


Honestly, when I read the comments, like most I agreed with him. Heck for years we've known Bama gets away with stuff, even Petrino said the conference had bias'. Difference was Petrino didn't say it after his first year and he actually won a SEC game. CBB on the other hand is a "proven" coach who has won championships in one of the BIg conferences. Yet he failed to win a SEC game, it makes him sound like a crybaby. Now as you said if he was 10-2 there would probably be other fanbase's jumping on his bandwagon. Until he wins it just sounds like sour grapes.


---------------------------------------------
--- byates21 wrote:

If he had a 10-2 season last year none of this would even be an issue. He has some valid points. I just don't get the reasoning behind people wanting to bash other people.

---------------------------------------------

Last edited 7/23/2014 6:09 PM by bakedog19741

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 6:27 PM

Re: His real reason? 


Very interesting. This actually makes sense:

t.co/fszSABSwGC
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 8:00 PM

Re: Is our HFBC a whiner? 


Hey, The guy is a head coach in the most badda** conference in the country. He`s on top of the world man, let him spout off a bit, I kinda like the confidence that goes with it, plus, has anyone ever considered that he may know something that we don`t!

GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/24/2014 6:42 AM

Re: Who is the bigger whiner? 


Can't say that I follow your line of thought here.  As a HOG fan, it would be nice if other SEC members agreed with our positions, but at the end of the day I really don't care.  I favor what favors the HOGS, whether other members "have the stones" to stand up to the "Goliaths" or not.  Just because everyone else is eager to "eat a spoonful of crap" is no reason for a HOG fan to do the same.
bakedog19741 wrote: That's pretty much the consensus from college football (fans and other teams), only ones that are supporting is our fanbase, even the other SEC fans that should be on board with this being unfair are agreeing with exactly what you said. As I've said before, Jeff Long please hire this guy an image consultant that can shut him up or at least make him sound like a winner not a whiner.


---------------------------------------------
--- HogLaw91 wrote:



The one being called the whiner. Win an SEC game or two before you start complaining about other programs. Just looks weak.
---------------------------------------------
--- RamblinRazorWreck wrote:

The one being called a whiner or the ones that whine that someone else is one?

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/24/2014 6:50 AM

Re: Who is the bigger whiner? 


Sometimes I think we get a little too quick to play the "Petrino" card.  Yes, he has been successful where he has coached.  However, he has never had to follow himself.  Coaches who have, struggled.  Once upon a time, he was my "dream coach."  Since then I've had to realize that he is a destructive individual who leaves carnage in his wake.  Even Nutt left us in better shape than the Petrino/Smiley regime.  Yes, CBB is a "proven" coach who has won big in a valid conference.  I realize he hasn't won an SEC game, but I also know he was left a huge hole to climb out of.
bakedog19741 wrote: Honestly, when I read the comments, like most I agreed with him. Heck for years we've known Bama gets away with stuff, even Petrino said the conference had bias'. Difference was Petrino didn't say it after his first year and he actually won a SEC game. CBB on the other hand is a "proven" coach who has won championships in one of the BIg conferences. Yet he failed to win a SEC game, it makes him sound like a crybaby. Now as you said if he was 10-2 there would probably be other fanbase's jumping on his bandwagon. Until he wins it just sounds like sour grapes.


---------------------------------------------
--- byates21 wrote:

If he had a 10-2 season last year none of this would even be an issue. He has some valid points. I just don't get the reasoning behind people wanting to bash other people.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/24/2014 7:55 AM

Re: Is our HFBC a whiner? 


I like his swagger and confidence.  Now he needs to back it up with 3, 4  or more SEC wins this year.  Complaining from the bottom is not as effective as when you can back it up that you can coach in this league and actually win a game.  Can see why the other teams fans are saying he is a whiner as he has not won a game yet. 

Get a few SEC wins this year and beat some teams you are not supposed to and then that is backing up that you know some things and you have earned the right to point fingers, etc......  That is just the way it works.

David pointed fingers at Goliath, but he could back it up.  Time will tell.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/24/2014 8:01 AM

Re: Who is the bigger whiner? 


I don't believe that.

1. During CBB's time at Wisky (using Scout rankings), CBB had on avg the #42 class in the nation, #6 in the B1G, and his avg finish was 3rd. Now someone else posted this on here prior indicating that Rivals actually had them as the 8th class in the B1G. However, what that other indiviual failed to show was during this time, only Mich and tOSU had a lot better classes. Even Mich St didn't fair much better nationally. Illinois was ranked 40. Mighty Michigan ranked 19th. That is a big indicator that CBB might not be as proven as everyone suggests. The B1G was much more even during his 10 year.

2. During that same period AR avg #25 in the nation. Yet avg #11 in the SEC. The Mighty Michigan would have avg'd 10th in the SEC recruiting rankings. The playing field is much more difficult here. CBP's last two year there was a bump. We avg'd 18th and 8th respectively. Since CBB has been here we avg'd 31 and 12th. So based on that the proverbial cupboard wasn't bare as y'all like to indicate. The talent was actually the best he's ever had, he just didn't understand how to use it. Reason I say he's not proven.

3. I wasn't using Petrino to hurt your feelings about the greatest coach in AR history (by the way is the only coach never to win a conference game), I was using him as an example. He claimed SEC was biased in favor of certain schools, it wasn't a big thing because he actually recruited very well and won games. CBB has yet to, in a real conference. Until he does he needs to shut his mouth. As byates said if he would have went 10-2 last year, people would be agreeing with him (heck most of us, me included, think he's right in what he said), but the support outside of the state won't come until he's proven himself in a real conference. Heck he took a cheap shot at Bama and Saban who have proved themselves, want to guess who anyone outside of AR is favoring and why?


---------------------------------------------
--- MultipleScoreGasms wrote:

Sometimes I think we get a little too quick to play the "Petrino" card.  Yes, he has been successful where he has coached.  However, he has never had to follow himself.  Coaches who have, struggled.  Once upon a time, he was my "dream coach."  Since then I've had to realize that he is a destructive individual who leaves carnage in his wake.  Even Nutt left us in better shape than the Petrino/Smiley regime.  Yes, CBB is a "proven" coach who has won big in a valid conference.  I realize he hasn't won an SEC game, but I also know he was left a huge hole to climb out of.
bakedog19741 wrote: Honestly, when I read the comments, like most I agreed with him. Heck for years we've known Bama gets away with stuff, even Petrino said the conference had bias'. Difference was Petrino didn't say it after his first year and he actually won a SEC game. CBB on the other hand is a "proven" coach who has won championships in one of the BIg conferences. Yet he failed to win a SEC game, it makes him sound like a crybaby. Now as you said if he was 10-2 there would probably be other fanbase's jumping on his bandwagon. Until he wins it just sounds like sour grapes.


---------------------------------------------
--- byates21 wrote:

If he had a 10-2 season last year none of this would even be an issue. He has some valid points. I just don't get the reasoning behind people wanting to bash other people.

---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >