Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

First game expectations

Avatar

Posted: 7/10/2014 5:58 AM

First game expectations 


I expect our revamped defense to come out and play like this and our offense to be similar to this when we open up the season...

Arkie/Aubbie
Keep a light on some patrols are still out! - RIP over50hog
Reply | Quote
  • Porkdiet
  • Broyles/Matthews
  • 6542 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 7/10/2014 6:29 AM

Re: First game expectations 


That'd be sweet.

18

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/10/2014 11:49 AM

Re: First game expectations 


I'm expecting to see something more like 33-31. Our hogs come home with a victory. I think our D is better than that 2006 team based on what little I seen in the spring game and the proverbial BA has a Tyler Wilson type game wink. If your going to drink the Kool-Aid. You have to do it right hog.gif.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/10/2014 3:40 PM

Re: First game expectations 


Some great tackling and running to the ball in that vid. Miss that!!!
Keep a light on . . . 
(In honor of "Fifty")
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/10/2014 7:25 PM

Re: First game expectations 


I'll have a sip, or gulp...

abigpigsoooie wrote: I'm expecting to see something more like 33-31. Our hogs come home with a victory. I think our D is better than that 2006 team based on what little I seen in the spring game and the proverbial BA has a Tyler Wilson type game wink. If your going to drink the Kool-Aid. You have to do it right hog.gif.
Keep a light on some patrols are still out! - RIP over50hog
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/10/2014 9:27 PM

Re: First game expectations 


should be a very interesting game, looking forward to being there
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/11/2014 12:49 PM

Re: First game expectations 


I love the play action, misdirection and screen plays in that game.  With quality backs, which we have this year, we should be able to do that a lot more than we did last year.  But, it was great defense also that won that game.  And, I think the offensive coordinator for Arkansas that year runs a similar offense at the school where he is now.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 5:51 PM

Re: First game expectations 


That was the first RAZORBACK  game I took my son to see on the Hill. This years AUBURN game
could be very similar, with three studs for RB , and a swarming crashing defense. WPS
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 6:58 PM

Re: First game expectations 


Great memories. Razorback tacklers stuck to Auburn runners as though they had Velcro.

 If you're looking for an impartial unbiased opinion ... you'll not find it here!

HOGS 17  tigers 10.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 10:03 PM

Re: First game expectations 


I think this years D will surpass the 2006 defense. I really liked what little I did see at the spring game. I have no doubt this D will be a lot more aggressive than were used to seeing.
bikehog23 wrote: I love the play action, misdirection and screen plays in that game.  With quality backs, which we have this year, we should be able to do that a lot more than we did last year.  But, it was great defense also that won that game.  And, I think the offensive coordinator for Arkansas that year runs a similar offense at the school where he is now.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 10:20 PM

Re: First game expectations 


I'll gulp if I'm rightkoolaid.gif . Because it could mean big things for this team. I have to think that this game is the most important one of the season. I would certainly think these coaches are prepping this team accordingly. I'm trying to imagine going into the A&M 4-0. Why not? I've seen stranger things happen.
HawgnDos wrote: I'll have a sip, or gulp...

abigpigsoooie wrote: I'm expecting to see something more like 33-31. Our hogs come home with a victory. I think our D is better than that 2006 team based on what little I seen in the spring game and the proverbial BA has a Tyler Wilson type game wink. If your going to drink the Kool-Aid. You have to do it right hog.gif.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/12/2014 12:34 AM

Re: First game expectations 


Seriously think we can hold them to 10 points? Or win the game with one TD and two FGs? Not saying we can't win, just that we'll have to put at least 28 points on the board to do it. We have a great lineup in the backfield and much better receivers this year. The defense should be much improved, especially if the linebackers avoid injury. I'm looking for much more production. Still, first game, not so optimistic. Turnovers hurt. Arkansas 26 - Auburn 31
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/14/2014 5:46 PM

Re: First game expectations 


Bluntly, I expect the same thing I do in any opener. A win.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/14/2014 9:40 PM

Re: First game expectations 


Deliriously think we can. Probably best not to take any of this to seriously.


EuroHog wrote: Seriously think we can hold them to 10 points? Or win the game with one TD and two FGs? Not saying we can't win, just that we'll have to put at least 28 points on the board to do it. We have a great lineup in the backfield and much better receivers this year. The defense should be much improved, especially if the linebackers avoid injury. I'm looking for much more production. Still, first game, not so optimistic. Turnovers hurt. Arkansas 26 - Auburn 31
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/14/2014 10:40 PM

Re: First game expectations 


I expect we'll play well enough to be frustrated we lost.

I doubt the team has learned "how to win" enough to win this game. If we get ahead, we'll still find a way to lose. I don't believe this will last forever, but I don't think we can turn it around in an off season and beat a team coming off the BCSNC game.
  • Go hang a salami. I'm a lasagna hog.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/14/2014 11:27 PM

Re: First game expectations 


Never Yield

Last edited 7/14/2014 11:28 PM by EuroHog

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/15/2014 4:44 AM

Re: First game expectations 


just read on the SEC board that Auburn's best defensive player just had knee surgery and is out for the first half of the season. Hate it for the young man, but it helps our odds...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/15/2014 9:58 AM

Re: First game expectations 


The truth is I expect to lose.   And I suspect it'll be by more than 10 points.

Go Hogs.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/15/2014 5:56 PM

Re: First game expectations 


Well, since I just bought tickets to William & Mary @ Virginia Tech that kicks off at 3:30 EDT that day and I'll be sitting in among a bunch of drunken Hokies wearing a William & Mary Pep Band Parent shirt, my expectations have risen.

I now expect a miracle last second win in one of the most amazing games in Razorback history. It will be just like when I missed the Tennessee game in 1992 and Alabama in 1995. I will learn of the history-changing event by seeing it scroll across the Lane Stadium scoreboard.
  • Go hang a salami. I'm a lasagna hog.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/16/2014 5:02 AM

Re: First game expectations 



DallasRazorback wrote: The truth is I expect to lose.   And I suspect it'll be by more than 10 points.
I'm with you
Stay the course - John Gresham Machen
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >