Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox

Fullerton or Riverside?

Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2013 5:20 PM

Fullerton or Riverside? 


    If this is the SoCal Championship matchup - Who wins?

  1. Poll closed on 11/22/2013
  2. Fullerton: 3 votes
  3. Riverside: 3 votes
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2013 5:21 PM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 


If things go according to the SoCal playoff seeds – and that seems very possible at this point – where does the early money go on a #2 Riverside at #1 Fullerton rematch in the SoCal Championship Game?

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2013 5:31 PM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 


Too early acdad, bowl games and first round playoffs to get through this Saturday . . . I'll be ready to address this poll next week . . . The real question is can the south send a formidable opponent north to face mighty Butte College . . .
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2013 5:52 PM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 


Dude, it's an 8 hour drive to Butte. We'll see...

---------------------------------------------
--- diablos06 wrote:

Too early acdad, bowl games and first round playoffs to get through this Saturday . . . I'll be ready to address this poll next week . . . The real question is can the south send a formidable opponent north to face mighty Butte College . . .

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2013 7:14 PM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 


With my restroom stops and family needs, it would be a 12 hour drive for me.

Last edited 11/19/2013 7:17 PM by diablos06

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2013 8:21 PM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 


Wow....no respect for Golden West. Their only loss was a pretty close game to Fullerton and have won 6 straight. Although I think RCC will win, GW does deserve a little respect this year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2013 8:28 PM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 


IF, and it is a big IF Riverside gets by the Rustlers and Fullerton gets by Canyons, then I am going to have to pick RCC.  Homerism aside, I think that it is extremely difficult to defeat an opponent of this caliber twice in the same season.  When you are that evenly matched, the odds just say that you'll win half of the time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2013 9:42 PM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 


I think I'll ask my buddy JJ to let me borrow his jet.. :=)

---------------------------------------------
--- diablos06 wrote:

With my restroom stops and family needs, it would be a 12 hour drive for me.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2013 9:53 PM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 



diablos06 wrote: Too early acdad, bowl games and first round playoffs to get through this Saturday . . . I'll be ready to address this poll next week . . . The real question is can the south send a formidable opponent north to face mighty Butte College . . .

I’m just trying to create a little FC talk.  The RCC vs. MS game kind of sucked all of the air out of the room – and rightfully so – the game lived up to its billing.  The RCC vs. GWC game seems to be getting all of the focus while the FC vs. COC game is equally important.  COC could rise to the occasion – but them losing to AHC makes you wonder if they are in that mental condition heading into this big game. I don’t think many would think FC/COC would be as exciting a matchup as FC/MS now – but we’ll see. 


After RCC’s win over MS I think it’s a legit question – NOW how do you rate #1 against #2 going into the playoffs and a potential rematch?

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2013 9:58 PM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 


Either Fullerton or Riverside would make a worthy opponent to Butte in the CA State Championship Game.  I think both could stand to have a little better defense against the run though.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2013 6:06 AM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 




---------------------------------------------
--- acdad0330 wrote:

Either Fullerton or Riverside would make a worthy opponent to Butte in the CA State Championship Game.  I think both could stand to have a little better defense against the run though.



---------------------------------------------

To be honest, I don't want a rematch with MSAC anymore than they wanted to see RCC in the playoffs in 2011. With the Tigers sitting at home, they were able to make it to the state championship game without too much trouble. This isn't exactly the same scenario, because while the Tigers were the best team that year, Fullerton is this year. I'm glad to not have to play MSAC two weeks in a row and then have to face Fullerton. I just don't know if you get through that alive.

I'm perfectly happy to have the Mounties tucked away safe in a bowl game somewhere, just like Mountie fans were to see the Tigers playing Saddleback two years ago.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/20/2013 6:36 AM

Re: Fullerton or Riverside? 



junglejim wrote: IF, and it is a big IF Riverside gets by the Rustlers and Fullerton gets by Canyons, then I am going to have to pick RCC.  Homerism aside, I think that it is extremely difficult to defeat an opponent of this caliber twice in the same season.  When you are that evenly matched, the odds just say that you'll win half of the time.
On the other hand odds are that Fullerton has "a much greater chance" of beating "an opponent of this caliber twice in the same season" than RCC does. biggrin
Reply | Quote