Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox

New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered

Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2013 3:40 PM

New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


"It's better to die a hero than live a coward."
             Charles Woods in reference to his son and Barack Obama.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2013 4:23 PM

Re: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


Wait for it.... wait for it....
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2013 4:28 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


Hard not to see this one coming. Can't say I'm disappointed.
___

Help my friends!
Donation page
Thread
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/17/2013 10:46 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


Now the race is on to get new voters registered. My money is on Fairley. He runs Hattiesburg.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/19/2013 5:49 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


I hope Ware can pull it off this time.
2013 MST Fantasy Football Regular Season Co-Champion!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/20/2013 11:02 AM

Re: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


Exactly why we need voter ID.
"It's better to die a hero than live a coward."
             Charles Woods in reference to his son and Barack Obama.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/20/2013 11:57 AM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


Can't wait to see how many voters get registered before the 24th. The corruption in H'burg starts and ends with the preacher, mayor, and local representative. Hattiesburg is quickly headed down the same road as Jackson.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/20/2013 6:39 PM

Re: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 



sidewindin wrote: Exactly why we need voter ID.
From what I've read, the issue was with absentee ballots. Perhaps you can explain how possession of a photo ID can be used to 'validate' absentee ballots?

I vote by mail. I have to sign my ballot. I suppose the Great State of Arizona could also require that I submit a photocopy of my DL, but exactly what would that prove?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2013 9:12 AM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


It wasn't just absentee ballots. The freaking mayors wife and others were having people vote in other people's names. Inmates were voting. It was beyond criminal and many expect federal charges.
Oh, and Johnny Dupree nominated the same election commission yesterday, to oversee the election. Luckily it was voted down. Now Triple D is claiming racism. It's a damn mess.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2013 11:09 AM

Re: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 



rockwebmaster wrote:
sidewindin wrote: Exactly why we need voter ID.
From what I've read, the issue was with absentee ballots. Perhaps you can explain how possession of a photo ID can be used to 'validate' absentee ballots?

I vote by mail. I have to sign my ballot. I suppose the Great State of Arizona could also require that I submit a photocopy of my DL, but exactly what would that prove?
Voter ID to register, to vote, and cleanse the registries.
The absentee ballot processing is a joke.
I would be in favor of eliminating it altogether, as should early voting.
Military, foreign based employees, students, etc could vote through their
installations- with proof of registration. Not the whole answer, but a lot better than the fraud that is taking place now.
"It's better to die a hero than live a coward."
             Charles Woods in reference to his son and Barack Obama.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2013 12:33 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2013 10:06 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 



PrincipalsList wrote: www.wdam.com/category/240207/v...;autostart=true

Enjoy.
Let's suppose for the sake of argument that Ms. Delgado is correct in her blanket assertion that "whites voted only for other whites." What's not to say that "blacks voted only for other blacks?" That's not a politically correct question to fire back at her, but I'm willing to bet that the latter is at least as true as the former. Hooray! Everyone gets to be "racist."

This whole thing is proceeding quite predictably.
___

Help my friends!
Donation page
Thread
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2013 8:28 AM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


And now Johnny Dupree gets to be on stage with Obama.  Nothing to do with race (skin or mayoral) there.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/26/2013 2:49 PM

Re: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


People will find a way to abuse any system that can be thought of for voting. I am all for Voter ID though. The only people against Voter ID are the ones trying to benefit from it in my mind (Democrats). This whole excuse of "Older black people will think its Jim Crow laws, and won't go vote" is a bunch of horsecrap.
sidewindin wrote:
rockwebmaster wrote:
sidewindin wrote: Exactly why we need voter ID.
From what I've read, the issue was with absentee ballots. Perhaps you can explain how possession of a photo ID can be used to 'validate' absentee ballots?

I vote by mail. I have to sign my ballot. I suppose the Great State of Arizona could also require that I submit a photocopy of my DL, but exactly what would that prove?
Voter ID to register, to vote, and cleanse the registries.
The absentee ballot processing is a joke.
I would be in favor of eliminating it altogether, as should early voting.
Military, foreign based employees, students, etc could vote through their
installations- with proof of registration. Not the whole answer, but a lot better than the fraud that is taking place now.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/29/2013 8:00 AM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 



Grahf wrote:
PrincipalsList wrote: www.wdam.com/category/240207/v...;autostart=true

Enjoy.
Let's suppose for the sake of argument that Ms. Delgado is correct in her blanket assertion that "whites voted only for other whites." What's not to say that "blacks voted only for other blacks?" That's not a politically correct question to fire back at her, but I'm willing to bet that the latter is at least as true as the former. Hooray! Everyone gets to be "racist."

This whole thing is proceeding quite predictably.
Me thinks Ware is going to win by a wide margin this time around.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/29/2013 10:04 AM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


I sure hope so. Pretty ironic that Dupree gets to give a speech at the MLK march ceremony yesterday. Shows just how far we still have to go when guys like this are giving speeches at the Lincoln Memorial in honor of MLK and civil rights.
PCBUSM wrote:
Grahf wrote:
PrincipalsList wrote: www.wdam.com/category/240207/v...;autostart=true

Enjoy.
Let's suppose for the sake of argument that Ms. Delgado is correct in her blanket assertion that "whites voted only for other whites." What's not to say that "blacks voted only for other blacks?" That's not a politically correct question to fire back at her, but I'm willing to bet that the latter is at least as true as the former. Hooray! Everyone gets to be "racist."

This whole thing is proceeding quite predictably.
Me thinks Ware is going to win by a wide margin this time around.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/29/2013 12:44 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 



turbosnake04 wrote: I sure hope so. Pretty ironic that Dupree gets to give a speech at the MLK march ceremony yesterday. Shows just how far we still have to go when guys like this are giving speeches at the Lincoln Memorial in honor of MLK and civil rights.
PCBUSM wrote:
Grahf wrote:
PrincipalsList wrote: www.wdam.com/category/240207/v...;autostart=true

Enjoy.
Let's suppose for the sake of argument that Ms. Delgado is correct in her blanket assertion that "whites voted only for other whites." What's not to say that "blacks voted only for other blacks?" That's not a politically correct question to fire back at her, but I'm willing to bet that the latter is at least as true as the former. Hooray! Everyone gets to be "racist."

This whole thing is proceeding quite predictably.
Me thinks Ware is going to win by a wide margin this time around.
Yep.  I made that comment on here last week and no one has even attempted to justify it.  The best I can tell, the invitation wasn't extended until after the new election was ordered.  Good thing white folks, or white Hispanics weren't involved.  That would have been news worthy.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/29/2013 1:06 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


It's truly scarey how much the media controls people's perceptions and beliefs now. Folks don't even question the validity of what's being streamed into their living rooms as long as it's from NBC, ABC, or CBS. What's worse is how upset or inspired the country can get over a news story, and then the whole issue is quickly forgotten like a bunch of little squirrels when the next acorn of gossip falls from the media tree. I'm amazed at how stupid and gullible people are, all while they live in the age of the Google search.
WCOrangeNation wrote:
turbosnake04 wrote: I sure hope so. Pretty ironic that Dupree gets to give a speech at the MLK march ceremony yesterday. Shows just how far we still have to go when guys like this are giving speeches at the Lincoln Memorial in honor of MLK and civil rights.
PCBUSM wrote:
Grahf wrote:
PrincipalsList wrote: www.wdam.com/category/240207/v...;autostart=true

Enjoy.
Let's suppose for the sake of argument that Ms. Delgado is correct in her blanket assertion that "whites voted only for other whites." What's not to say that "blacks voted only for other blacks?" That's not a politically correct question to fire back at her, but I'm willing to bet that the latter is at least as true as the former. Hooray! Everyone gets to be "racist."

This whole thing is proceeding quite predictably.
Me thinks Ware is going to win by a wide margin this time around.
Yep.  I made that comment on here last week and no one has even attempted to justify it.  The best I can tell, the invitation wasn't extended until after the new election was ordered.  Good thing white folks, or white Hispanics weren't involved.  That would have been news worthy.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/29/2013 1:12 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


This is exactly what I am saying in the other thread. 
Perceived imagery becomes fact over time. 
As longs as the truth is kept concealed/
turbosnake04 wrote: It's truly scarey how much the media controls people's perceptions and beliefs now. Folks don't even question the validity of what's being streamed into their living rooms as long as it's from NBC, ABC, or CBS. What's worse is how upset or inspired the country can get over a news story, and then the whole issue is quickly forgotten like a bunch of little squirrels when the next acorn of gossip falls from the media tree. I'm amazed at how stupid and gullible people are, all while they live in the age of the Google search.
WCOrangeNation wrote:
turbosnake04 wrote: I sure hope so. Pretty ironic that Dupree gets to give a speech at the MLK march ceremony yesterday. Shows just how far we still have to go when guys like this are giving speeches at the Lincoln Memorial in honor of MLK and civil rights.
PCBUSM wrote:
Grahf wrote:
PrincipalsList wrote: www.wdam.com/category/240207/v...;autostart=true

Enjoy.
Let's suppose for the sake of argument that Ms. Delgado is correct in her blanket assertion that "whites voted only for other whites." What's not to say that "blacks voted only for other blacks?" That's not a politically correct question to fire back at her, but I'm willing to bet that the latter is at least as true as the former. Hooray! Everyone gets to be "racist."

This whole thing is proceeding quite predictably.
Me thinks Ware is going to win by a wide margin this time around.
Yep.  I made that comment on here last week and no one has even attempted to justify it.  The best I can tell, the invitation wasn't extended until after the new election was ordered.  Good thing white folks, or white Hispanics weren't involved.  That would have been news worthy.
"It's better to die a hero than live a coward."
             Charles Woods in reference to his son and Barack Obama.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/29/2013 2:29 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


FWIW, I don't think Johnny Dupree is a bad person, per se. The people in his "inner circle", however, are full of nothing but venom.

Ken Fairley is at the top of the list.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/29/2013 2:33 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


Dupree himself doesn't appear to be a polarizing figure, but if he doesn't have enough sense to distance himself from Fairley, then he doesn't need to be running H'burg.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/29/2013 2:35 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


Hattiesburg won't have to worry about any of them anymore after September 24th. Good enough for me.
PCBUSM wrote: FWIW, I don't think Johnny Dupree is a bad person, per se. The people in his "inner circle", however, are full of nothing but venom.

Ken Fairley is at the top of the list.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 9/5/2013 2:40 PM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


Dupree feels there's racism involved. Nevermind it was the white guy that got screwed over I guess.  Guess we know what Dupree was doing in Washington a couple weeks ago now.

www.clarionledger.com/article/...ayoral-election

Saying that “some of the controversy surrounding” Hattiesburg’s special mayoral election has taken on a racial tone it finds “troubling,” the Democratic Party of Mississippi has asked the federal government to send representatives to observe the Sept. 24 election.

Cole invoked the Voting Rights Act in his letter to Holder, saying that piece of civil rights legislation was enacted to ensure what all involved in the special election say they want: a fair and non-discriminatory voting process.


“It’s to ensure that discriminatory practices or discriminatory behavior doesn’t occur,” Cole said. “We are creatures of our history, but there have been many times we have been able to rise above it, and we want to be sure that we rise above it again on Sept. 24.”

Last edited 9/5/2013 2:42 PM by PrincipalsList

Reply | Quote

Posted: 9/6/2013 10:40 AM

RE: New Election In Hattiesburg Mayoral Race Ordered 


Good lord...The only peo
Reply | Quote