Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Nebraska projected bowl

Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2013 12:23 PM

Nebraska projected bowl 


Outback bowl versus Missouri
Great opportunity


if you don't eat, drink, and sleep, blocking and tackling
you will never win championships

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2013 12:44 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


Great opportunity for what?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2013 1:27 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 



minutemen4huskers wrote: Outback bowl versus Missouri
Great opportunity

Good lord rolleyes
It should be noted that a lack of execution isn't just on the players.  In fact, it's mainly on the coaches, who are getting paid to get the players to execute.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2013 1:31 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


Where is that played at?


~~~~~~~~~~



"Political Correctness remains just what it was intended to be: a sophisticated and dangerous form of censorship and oppression, imposed upon the citizenry with the ultimate goal of manipulating, brainwashing and destroying our society."

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2013 1:46 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


Tampa, Fl.

That would be a sweet destination. There are much worse bowl destinations.

PS: I only want to play Mizzou if we win. confused

*  *  *  *  *

"fair-weather" Husker fan since 1954
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2013 8:35 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


That bowl is a great time. Went two years in a row when the bucks played. Ybor city is nice place on new years eve. You have busch gardens and of course the beaches. Also, you are not that far from Disney if you wanted to make a day of it and take a trip over.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2013 8:59 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


great opportunity for the new coach to cut his teeth

sʞɔns ɐɯɐqo
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2013 9:03 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


Am I the only one hoping for Buffalo Wild Wings?
Reply | Quote
  • SoDakRed
  • All American
  • 4447 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2013 9:10 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


Chatelain's column today about diminished expectations could use this thread as exhibit A. Too bad more fans due to their youth missed the 60's through 90's. It was great while it lasted. Now we are giddy about the possibility of the BWW Bowl.
Reply | Quote
  • NebPrep
  • Heisman
  • 6097 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2013 9:19 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


Buffalo Wild Wings vs. Outback Steak House

not sure like Wild Wings but a good steak  ........................

.

Victory in Unity

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2013 9:23 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 



Oh goody goody.......lose 1 more and its the in bread.com bowl
---------------------------------------------
--- HuskerHenro wrote:


minutemen4huskers wrote: Outback bowl versus Missouri
Great opportunity

Good lord rolleyes

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
  • NebPrep
  • Heisman
  • 6097 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2013 10:16 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


Nebraska is currently 7-3 and it seems everyone is putting the team down (I agree the coaching has not been at a top level (MO) but the players have played with a lot of desire) BUT Miami (Fla) is 7-3, Texas 7-3, Michigan 7-3, Notre Dame 7-3, Washington 6-4, USC 8-3, LSU 7-3, Georgia 6-4,

Texas A&M is 8-2 with games against LSU and Missouri remaining.
Missouri is 9-1 with games against Mississippi and Texas A&M (they need one win to get a shot at Alabama - and will likely lock up a BCS Bowl with two wins)

.** GO BIG RED

.

Victory in Unity

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2013 11:32 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


Wow.  That pretty much says it all right there.  Great opportunity....the Outback bowl.  Now it's all about the destination....the experience.  My oh my how NU fans expectations have changed.  Give me a Pelini hater any of the week if this is the alternative.

minutemen4huskers wrote: Outback bowl versus Missouri
Great opportunity
 

Last edited 11/17/2013 11:33 PM by AuroraDuke

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2013 11:36 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


Its the same old crap....turn overs
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2013 6:52 AM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


At least it's a 30 minute drive....

But the only way that happens is if NU wins out.

Will they?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2013 7:06 AM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 




---------------------------------------------
--- NebPrep wrote:

Nebraska is currently 7-3 and it seems everyone is putting the team down (I agree the coaching has not been at a top level (MO) but the players have played with a lot of desire) BUT Miami (Fla) is 7-3, Texas 7-3, Michigan 7-3, Notre Dame 7-3, Washington 6-4, USC 8-3, LSU 7-3, Georgia 6-4,

Texas A&M is 8-2 with games against LSU and Missouri remaining.
Missouri is 9-1 with games against Mississippi and Texas A&M (they need one win to get a shot at Alabama - and will likely lock up a BCS Bowl with two wins)

.** GO BIG RED

.

---------------------------------------------
I couldn't care less about the records of other teams. Is that supposed to mean something?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2013 8:49 AM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


Who cares about bowl games?

Major college football has by far the worst post season setup in all of sports. Always has and always will until they no longer exist.

Just about everybody and their grandma goes to a bowl game, you don't have to accomplish anything to get to one.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2013 9:38 AM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 



kmillz wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- NebPrep wrote:

Nebraska is currently 7-3 and it seems everyone is putting the team down (I agree the coaching has not been at a top level (MO) but the players have played with a lot of desire) BUT Miami (Fla) is 7-3, Texas 7-3, Michigan 7-3, Notre Dame 7-3, Washington 6-4, USC 8-3, LSU 7-3, Georgia 6-4,

Texas A&M is 8-2 with games against LSU and Missouri remaining.
Missouri is 9-1 with games against Mississippi and Texas A&M (they need one win to get a shot at Alabama - and will likely lock up a BCS Bowl with two wins)

.** GO BIG RED

.

---------------------------------------------
I couldn't care less about the records of other teams. Is that supposed to mean something?

You'd think Nebraska fans would be over feeling entitled by now.  The '90's was a long time ago, and reality is now.  But...noidea
Relax; we're all experts here...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2013 9:39 AM

RE: Nebraska projected bowl 


Nebraska vs Texas - BWW



^this is my guess

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

Last edited 11/19/2013 8:56 AM by Blackshirt96

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2013 9:48 AM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


I saw us projected agains Oklahoma a week or so ago; don't remember which bowl though.
Relax; we're all experts here...
Reply | Quote
  • NebPrep
  • Heisman
  • 6097 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2013 9:51 AM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 



KansasRed wrote:
kmillz wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- NebPrep wrote:

Nebraska is currently 7-3 and it seems everyone is putting the team down (I agree the coaching has not been at a top level (MO) but the players have played with a lot of desire) BUT Miami (Fla) is 7-3, Texas 7-3, Michigan 7-3, Notre Dame 7-3, Washington 6-4, USC 8-3, LSU 7-3, Georgia 6-4,

Texas A&M is 8-2 with games against LSU and Missouri remaining.
Missouri is 9-1 with games against Mississippi and Texas A&M (they need one win to get a shot at Alabama - and will likely lock up a BCS Bowl with two wins)

.** GO BIG RED

.

---------------------------------------------
I couldn't care less about the records of other teams. Is that supposed to mean something?

You'd think Nebraska fans would be over feeling entitled by now.  The '90's was a long time ago, and reality is now.  But...noidea
Who would be favored in matchups above ? Nebraska vs ___________________

.

Victory in Unity

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2013 8:18 AM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 



LooseStool1 wrote: great opportunity for the new coach to cut his teeth
well your posts pretty much match your name
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2013 8:58 AM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 



NebPrep wrote:
KansasRed wrote:
kmillz wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- NebPrep wrote:

Nebraska is currently 7-3 and it seems everyone is putting the team down (I agree the coaching has not been at a top level (MO) but the players have played with a lot of desire) BUT Miami (Fla) is 7-3, Texas 7-3, Michigan 7-3, Notre Dame 7-3, Washington 6-4, USC 8-3, LSU 7-3, Georgia 6-4,

Texas A&M is 8-2 with games against LSU and Missouri remaining.
Missouri is 9-1 with games against Mississippi and Texas A&M (they need one win to get a shot at Alabama - and will likely lock up a BCS Bowl with two wins)

.** GO BIG RED

.

---------------------------------------------
I couldn't care less about the records of other teams. Is that supposed to mean something?

You'd think Nebraska fans would be over feeling entitled by now.  The '90's was a long time ago, and reality is now.  But...noidea
Who would be favored in matchups above ? Nebraska vs ___________________

.

Depends on where they are playing. At home I would guess over half of them.

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

Last edited 11/19/2013 9:05 AM by Blackshirt96

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2013 9:04 AM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


i saw nebraska matched with k-state.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2013 12:24 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 


I can't disagree with this.  I used to love watching the bowl games back in the 1970s and even into the 1980s, but they are so meaningless now.  Way too many and they don't mean squat anymore.  Before the stupid BCS, at least a couple of the big bowl games could have an impact on the national championship; now they mean nothing other than winning the bowl game, especially the plethora of new bowl games. 
HeadHerbie wrote: Who cares about bowl games?

Major college football has by far the worst post season setup in all of sports. Always has and always will until they no longer exist.

Just about everybody and their grandma goes to a bowl game, you don't have to accomplish anything to get to one.

"If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan.  Period."  Riiiiiight.  Suuuuure you can.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2013 3:09 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 



NebPrep wrote: Nebraska is currently 7-3 and it seems everyone is putting the team down (I agree the coaching has not been at a top level (MO) but the players have played with a lot of desire) BUT Miami (Fla) is 7-3, Texas 7-3, Michigan 7-3, Notre Dame 7-3, Washington 6-4, USC 8-3, LSU 7-3, Georgia 6-4,

Texas A&M is 8-2 with games against LSU and Missouri remaining.
Missouri is 9-1 with games against Mississippi and Texas A&M (they need one win to get a shot at Alabama - and will likely lock up a BCS Bowl with two wins)

.** GO BIG RED

.
Outside of Miami and Michigan (they have basically the same schedule as us), how many of those teams would have better records playing our schedule?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2013 4:06 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 



AngryHuskerFan wrote: I can't disagree with this.  I used to love watching the bowl games back in the 1970s and even into the 1980s, but they are so meaningless now.  Way too many and they don't mean squat anymore.  Before the stupid BCS, at least a couple of the big bowl games could have an impact on the national championship; now they mean nothing other than winning the bowl game, especially the plethora of new bowl games. 
HeadHerbie wrote: Who cares about bowl games?

Major college football has by far the worst post season setup in all of sports. Always has and always will until they no longer exist.

Just about everybody and their grandma goes to a bowl game, you don't have to accomplish anything to get to one.
Yep.  The BCS ruined a good bit of college football but not for the reason most people think.
Relax; we're all experts here...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2013 6:39 PM

RE: Nebraska projected bowl 


new years day USED to be the big bowl games. there are still some major ones on that day but now the bowl season extends out for a week after new years day. WAY to many bowl games. hell, if i remember right, there was a team that didn't even have a winning record last year (or year before) that was in a bowl game.
........My Anger Management Class Really Pi##'s Me Off!!
Reply | Quote
  • NebPrep
  • Heisman
  • 6097 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2013 10:13 PM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 



KansasRed wrote:
AngryHuskerFan wrote: I can't disagree with this.  I used to love watching the bowl games back in the 1970s and even into the 1980s, but they are so meaningless now.  Way too many and they don't mean squat anymore.  Before the stupid BCS, at least a couple of the big bowl games could have an impact on the national championship; now they mean nothing other than winning the bowl game, especially the plethora of new bowl games. 
HeadHerbie wrote: Who cares about bowl games?

Major college football has by far the worst post season setup in all of sports. Always has and always will until they no longer exist.

Just about everybody and their grandma goes to a bowl game, you don't have to accomplish anything to get to one.
Yep.  The BCS ruined a good bit of college football but not for the reason most people think.
The problem is not the BCS , never was especially after the AP broke off from rubber stamping the BCS Title game winner.

This year may present another opportunity - BCS Championship matches Unbeatens Alabama and Florida State ... Then Unbeatens Ohio State and Fresno State meet in a bowl game --- The AP could select the winner of Ohio State and Fresno State. 

.
And the Playoffs are not going to stop this debate as long as there are other unbeaten teams .  You can not ask more than a team beats the teams they face. 

.

Victory in Unity

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/20/2013 9:12 AM

Re: Nebraska projected bowl 



NebPrep wrote:
KansasRed wrote:
AngryHuskerFan wrote: I can't disagree with this.  I used to love watching the bowl games back in the 1970s and even into the 1980s, but they are so meaningless now.  Way too many and they don't mean squat anymore.  Before the stupid BCS, at least a couple of the big bowl games could have an impact on the national championship; now they mean nothing other than winning the bowl game, especially the plethora of new bowl games. 
HeadHerbie wrote: Who cares about bowl games?

Major college football has by far the worst post season setup in all of sports. Always has and always will until they no longer exist.

Just about everybody and their grandma goes to a bowl game, you don't have to accomplish anything to get to one.
Yep.  The BCS ruined a good bit of college football but not for the reason most people think.
The problem is not the BCS , never was especially after the AP broke off from rubber stamping the BCS Title game winner.

This year may present another opportunity - BCS Championship matches Unbeatens Alabama and Florida State ... Then Unbeatens Ohio State and Fresno State meet in a bowl game --- The AP could select the winner of Ohio State and Fresno State. 

.
And the Playoffs are not going to stop this debate as long as there are other unbeaten teams .  You can not ask more than a team beats the teams they face. 

.
You may be right; the BCS is just an extension of America's obsession with having clear cut winners and losers in everything, thereby ending what made the end of the college football season unique, entertaining, and exciting.
Relax; we're all experts here...
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >