Posted: 9/19/2011 6:29 PM
1.No profanity. I don’t think this really needs an explanation. Use common sense. I know some of you may think this is pretty lame, but once we let a little bit go, the envelope is pushed and pushed until we do something about it. No profanity. It just makes things easier. If we see it, or see a post with profanity using symbols instead of letters to get it through, the post will be deleted.
2 .Keep it civil. People will always disagree. But we ask that you respectfully disagree. Let me say it again…..respectfully disagree. That means disagree with the content of a post, not attacking the poster. If your post is about a person posting instead of the topic at hand, or the topic is about an individual poster, it will be deleted. If you make it personal, it will be deleted.
3. No name calling and personal attacks. It’s the quickest way to have your post deleted. If you can’t make your post without attacking a poster or calling them names, don’t post it. It’s the #1 problem we’ve had on the boards. It alienates people and affects the quality of the board.
4. We work hard at TheRedMenace.com to make this the best site on the internet. It’s not OK to abuse anybody out here, including the staff. If you don’t agree with the way we do things, ez inbox us or email us. Businesses don’t take care of customer service issues in the middle of the store. Just give us a shout. We’re always receptive.
5. Do not copy and paste full articles into posts. It’s a violation of copyright laws. Use links whenever possible. Also, don't take anything that is part of a premium post here and paste it on another site. This information is for TheRedMenace.com subscribers only, and that needs to be respected at all times. People shouldn't be afraid to post info here without it being hijacked.
6. No links to web sites or promotions of businesses are permitted in signature lines. Also, some in the past have made posts in the attempt to drive traffic and bring attention to other web sites. Links to legitimate media sources are fine, but attempts to drive traffic and bring attention to other businesses will be deleted.
7. If you see a post that you think is inappropriate, click on the link on the right nav bar to mark the post as inappropriate. We can’t read them all so we depend on the users to help with this. Also, don’t abuse this feature. If a post is marked inappropriate, we take a look at it. Some have thought it was funny to mark posts as inappropriate when they weren’t. It causes more work for us. Again, use common sense.
8. Racism, bigotry, and any other post that can be construed as hateful is subject to having the poster banned without warning.9. Sarcasm, clowning and thread jacking: People subscribe and visit here for for information. many subscribers are professionals and only have a few minutes out of their day while out work to get their fix. They don't wont to have time to wade through a lot of nonsense and clowing to get their info. A little goes a long ways. It's Hardcore Football. Let's try and keep it to that. Take the other stuff to the free boards. It doesn't belong out here.What is threadjacking?To take over the content of a message thread by changing the subject of discourse to a topic outside the purview of the original subject and/or forum, while maintaining the subject line. A form of amusement for trolls. Threadjacking is distinguished from flaming, as flames are a quasi-personal attack on a poster or on a poster's style of discourse, where threadjacking is deliberatly steering the discussion offtopic.Some think it's funny. We don't. If you do this on a consistant basis, you may be put on the sidelines for a while10. Finally, respect the site. Do what you can to make this the place to be, to be heard, to share opinions and both give and gather information. That’s what this place is all about. For those who watch The Sopranos, when Tony says “ Don’t disrespect The Bing”
NOTE: The TOS was adapted by Bandit0 from Dawgman.com on the Scout.com Network.
We at TRM are asking folks to follow these rules and the moderators to delete or edit as needed.
Copyright © 2013
and Scout.com. All rights reserved. This website is an unofficial independent source of news and information, and is not affiliated with any school, team, or league.
MSN PrivacyLegalAdvertise on MSNAbout our adsRSS
© 2012 Microsoft|