Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >

OT 93.7 the fan changes

  • chethejet
  • Retired Jersey
  • Rating: 3.8/5 this site
  • 6621 posts this site

Posted: 12/17/2013 9:15 AM

OT 93.7 the fan changes Post Rating (1 vote)


Vinnie and Alexander out.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/17/2013 9:17 AM

Re: OT 93.7 the fan changes 


Get Rid of Cook
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/17/2013 9:19 AM

RE: OT 93.7 the fan changes Post Rating (1 vote)


Now the Vinnie and Cook Show will only be 50% rubbish!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/17/2013 9:21 AM

Re: OT 93.7 the fan changes 


Vinnie was never a favorite of mine but he seemed to really try to know the Pitt market.  You could tell Cook hated him so that's what endeared me to Vinnie. 

Plus, no matter how you feel about the guys, they just their jobs.  That's rough; especially this time of year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/17/2013 9:24 AM

Re: OT 93.7 the fan changes 


I've got to assume that if Vinnie is out, then that means Cook is out too? One can only hope. What is really, really sad is that the Fan is the "flagship" station for Pitt, and it seems difficult to get them to say anything good about Pitt football on a non Pitt related telecast. One show was openly mocking Pitt's bowl game recently.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/17/2013 9:25 AM

Re: OT 93.7 the fan changes 



Jester03 wrote: Vinnie was never a favorite of mine but he seemed to really try to know the Pitt market.  You could tell Cook hated him so that's what endeared me to Vinnie. 

Plus, no matter how you feel about the guys, they just their jobs.  That's rough; especially this time of year.
One week before Xmas too. That's cold.
Reply | Quote
  • geeman2001
  • Retired Jersey
  • Rating: 3.2/5 this site
  • 6476 posts this site

Posted: 12/17/2013 9:29 AM

Re: OT 93.7 the fan changes Post Rating (1 vote)


Cook proves daily that kissing Penn State and Steeler azses relentlessly is all that is needed for success here.

I never listen (other than games if needed) or buy the PG. More than ever its basically like financing Sandusky's lube bill.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/17/2013 9:29 AM

Re: OT 93.7 the fan changes Post Rating (2 votes)



FreetheScript wrote: I've got to assume that if Vinnie is out, then that means Cook is out too? One can only hope. What is really, really sad is that the Fan is the "flagship" station for Pitt, and it seems difficult to get them to say anything good about Pitt football on a non Pitt related telecast. One show was openly mocking Pitt's bowl game recently.
Guys.....get over the Pitt hate and angst.  I am sorry, Pitt doesn't move the ratings needle.    There have been many of times when the station (Cook included) have had Pitt topics to discuss and it is crickets with callers.   So you are your own enemies.

I don't judge sports media by their treatment of one team.  Vinnie knew nothing but baseball, even then it was sketchy, you can tell he never played a sport in his life.  Cook is actually much better without him.

But this constant whining about Pitt.   a) You guys don't call about Pitt, so why should they care.   b) Pitt football has done little to merit positive discussion and c) it is a pro sports town first and foremost.



Pitt Happens. It always does.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/17/2013 9:32 AM

RE: OT 93.7 the fan changes 


Vinnie and Cook is the worst show on the station. They take by far the most callers, which is a major downside to any sports show, and they're just not interesting to listen to. Cook is just unbearable.

Even though they're a bunch of dorks, at least Starkey, Miller, and Mueller are very interesting to listen to. Some of the discussions between Starkey and Mueller are very good.

I liked Paul Alexander. I'm not sure who they plan on bringing into that morning show to replace him.

Anyway, total d!ck move by that station to do that right before Christmas.
Reply | Quote
  • geeman2001
  • Retired Jersey
  • Rating: 3.2/5 this site
  • 6476 posts this site

Posted: 12/17/2013 9:36 AM

RE: OT 93.7 the fan changes 




---------------------------------------------
--- ShalerTrash wrote:



I liked Paul Alexander. I'm not sure who they plan on bringing into that morning show to replace him.


---------------------------------------------

Probably move Cook there and add Cam Saddler, Tom Bradley and Franco.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >